Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fridge 15:17 - Mar 31 with 1660 viewsitfc_bucks

Look, it's a game of opinions, I get all that, but I just need to get this one bit of negativity off my chest.

I appear to be a minority of one, but I thought he didn't look great against Blackburn and I'm pleased that Cam is likely to come back in.

Don't get me wrong, just like JD, I love the bloke to bits and he seems (like so many in the squad these days) a thoroughly nice guy, but I just feel better with the Wolfie/Burgess duo.

I'm prepared for the down votes, but I just needed to put it to words!

Moving on...
Fridge on 15:22 - Mar 31 with 1588 viewsJ2BLUE

Burgess is the number one CB name on my team sheet but Fridge did well. We kept a clean sheet and rested Burgess. Great stuff all around.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fridge on 15:25 - Mar 31 with 1575 viewsMK1

I think most would agree that Burgess is the better player, but to have Eddy as back up is a blessing. He has more than done his bit for us over the last couple of seasons. I have no problem with him starting in the Championship. Good player.
Fridge on 15:32 - Mar 31 with 1526 viewsblueislander

Fridge on 15:22 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

Burgess is the number one CB name on my team sheet but Fridge did well. We kept a clean sheet and rested Burgess. Great stuff all around.

Apart from defensive capabilities,Burgess combines more effectively with Davis.
Fridge on 15:45 - Mar 31 with 1465 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fridge on 15:22 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

We are more balanced with Cam on the left and he gives Davis more license to go on the attack.

That said, I feel sorry for Fridge inasmuch as he never gets the chance in Woolfy's position. Woolfenden is quality, but he does have a very relaxed attitude at times and is prone to letting the ball bounce and has the odd lapse in concentration.

Obviously the wrong time of the season to change things but I'd have put in Fridge a few times to keep Woolfenden on this toes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Fridge on 15:48 - Mar 31 with 1438 viewsblueislander

Fridge on 15:45 - Mar 31 by GlasgowBlue

We are more balanced with Cam on the left and he gives Davis more license to go on the attack.

That said, I feel sorry for Fridge inasmuch as he never gets the chance in Woolfy's position. Woolfenden is quality, but he does have a very relaxed attitude at times and is prone to letting the ball bounce and has the odd lapse in concentration.

Obviously the wrong time of the season to change things but I'd have put in Fridge a few times to keep Woolfenden on this toes.

Tuanzebe appears to be the choice to replace Woolfy
Fridge on 15:56 - Mar 31 with 1391 viewsArnieM

No surprise to most on here but Id prefer Burgess : Axel as our CB pairing as I ferl they would offer a commanding and dominant presence in our box. Axel can also bring the ball out.

As you say we all have our views....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Fridge on 15:57 - Mar 31 with 1382 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I thought Edmundson had a better game than Woolfenden and both were fine. The defence as a unit always looks better with Burgess in it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fridge on 15:58 - Mar 31 with 1381 viewsGarv

Burgess is a better defender but I think Morsy saw more ball as a result of Fridge being in the side on Friday. He's got a better passing angle to work with than Burgess has being right footed over left.

There's definitely advantages with both, which is great.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

I don’t fully agree on 15:58 - Mar 31 with 1369 viewsunstableblue

While it wasn’t a perfect performance from Fridge, he had really strong moments in the game.

He read danger on a number of occasions. And he’s sometimes better on the ball than Burgess.

Plus he and Wolf delivered a clean sheet.

The weak performances were further up the pitch in Hutchison, Moore, Luongo.

Obviously Burgess will come back being left sided and a stronger heading/tackling centre back.

But isn’t the key point that Edmundson has come into the team again and performed pretty well, despite being out of the first 11 for some time. That is pleasing.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Fridge on 16:04 - Mar 31 with 1339 viewsfranz_tyson

Think we're lucky to have Fridge as back up. Good character and decent player.
He should move on, though, this summer as he's too good to not start. Another one who we'd wish well when they leave us. Makes a change as in the past we'd be happy to offer petrol money to get rid of players.
Fridge on 16:05 - Mar 31 with 1333 viewsStenvict

Fridge on 15:32 - Mar 31 by blueislander

Apart from defensive capabilities,Burgess combines more effectively with Davis.

That curled inswinging pass down the left side Burgess does with his left foot to Davis creates a lot of danger for the opposition.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Fridge on 16:34 - Mar 31 with 1221 viewsHerbivore

Thought he was generally very good. If it wasn't for him and Woolf putting in quality performances we wouldn't have held on for the win, they withstood the pressure really well. I think Burgess does give us a bit more balance when he plays but I don't think there's a huge drop off when Edmundson comes in for him in the way there has been a big drop off when Tuanzebe has deputised for Woolf. Good to see Axel getting a run of games at right back though to really get his sharpness up, but for me Woolf has been out standout defender this season for both his defensive work (which is underrated by those who see defending solely as a kick it, head it role) and for the integral role he plays in our system with his ability on the ball.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I don’t fully agree on 16:45 - Mar 31 with 1161 viewsitfc_bucks

I don’t fully agree on 15:58 - Mar 31 by unstableblue

While it wasn’t a perfect performance from Fridge, he had really strong moments in the game.

He read danger on a number of occasions. And he’s sometimes better on the ball than Burgess.

Plus he and Wolf delivered a clean sheet.

The weak performances were further up the pitch in Hutchison, Moore, Luongo.

Obviously Burgess will come back being left sided and a stronger heading/tackling centre back.

But isn’t the key point that Edmundson has come into the team again and performed pretty well, despite being out of the first 11 for some time. That is pleasing.

Agreed ref Mass. Expecting Travis to step in against Saints.
Fridge on 16:47 - Mar 31 with 1150 viewsBuhrer

Look its a game of opinions, and I get that victory and clean sheet put us top of the league, but I just need to have a moan about Fridges disallowed goal. Offside? FFS. We dont need excuses, just try harder George! Leif would have buried it.
Fridge on 16:53 - Mar 31 with 1118 viewsSE1blue

I think we're really lucky to have him and he's a considerable upgrade on many that have played for us in the last 15 years. Have no issue with him starting or being sub.

In the same way it's easy to find faults in a poor team, I think it's easy to find faults with players in a team that's performing incredibly well - as mistakes, errors, inconsistency shows up more when they/it happen.

Last week, England's back four was a shambles at times and that's meant to be the best this country can offer. People had opinions there too, it's natural. Fridge has been very much part of a squad that is top of the league and for that he deserves huge praise...in my humble opinion.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Fridge on 17:40 - Mar 31 with 974 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not that I want wofly out.. but have we ever seen edmundson at rcb?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Fridge on 18:48 - Mar 31 with 808 viewsMK1

Fridge on 15:56 - Mar 31 by ArnieM

No surprise to most on here but Id prefer Burgess : Axel as our CB pairing as I ferl they would offer a commanding and dominant presence in our box. Axel can also bring the ball out.

As you say we all have our views....

Fine margins. All 4 more than capable at this level.
Fridge on 19:46 - Mar 31 with 696 viewsNutkins_Return

It's context though isn't it. Playing as well as he did when he rarely plays. How many CBs can come in and play that well. You are judging him against someone playing every week. I think Edmundson is a better footballer than Burgess but Burgess edges it's overall with the specific qualities he brings e.g. left foot (and the balls he can play with it) and his dominance in the air.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024