Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton 13:27 - Mar 30 with 4628 viewsClutch

What's everyone's thoughts on him for next year? Surely he will want to move on in the summer, probably to a good championship team at least. Should get a couple million for him?

So Hladky has proved himself now, no chance he won't start unless like Walton there is an injury. With Slicker as backup? Or get in an older head?

Not sure it matters what division we are in.
Walton on 13:30 - Mar 30 with 3456 viewsDarkBrandon

We aren’t going to get £2m for our reserve goalie, good though he is.
Walton on 13:34 - Mar 30 with 3427 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think one of them, (Hladky or Walton) will move on, Slicker has proved himself a more than capable back up. But I do think that it'll be Hladky that moves on, especially if we go up.

In fact, of the players out of contract in the summer, that we don't have options on, I would expect most to leave if we go up, with the exception of Morsy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Walton on 13:36 - Mar 30 with 3402 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hladky is out of contract in the summer, isn't he? Seems strange that nothing's been sorted.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Walton on 13:36 - Mar 30 with 3403 views_clive_baker_

Both him and Hladky are out of contract this summer aren’t they? Albeit we might have an option on Walton. I think there might be some movement in the keeper department, although might depend what division we’re in to a degree.
Walton on 13:38 - Mar 30 with 3385 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Walton on 13:36 - Mar 30 by _clive_baker_

Both him and Hladky are out of contract this summer aren’t they? Albeit we might have an option on Walton. I think there might be some movement in the keeper department, although might depend what division we’re in to a degree.

We do have an option on Walton.

Walton on 13:40 - Mar 30 with 3356 views_clive_baker_

Walton on 13:34 - Mar 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think one of them, (Hladky or Walton) will move on, Slicker has proved himself a more than capable back up. But I do think that it'll be Hladky that moves on, especially if we go up.

In fact, of the players out of contract in the summer, that we don't have options on, I would expect most to leave if we go up, with the exception of Morsy.

Who is out of contract, aside from the obvious loans?

Jackson
Donacien
Aluko
Walton
Hladky
Morsy

We seem to be managing contracts so much better post Evans. Getting the bigger tickets on longer term deals. An extension for Morsy would be very welcome news though.
Walton on 13:47 - Mar 30 with 3313 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Walton on 13:40 - Mar 30 by _clive_baker_

Jackson
Donacien
Aluko
Walton
Hladky
Morsy

We seem to be managing contracts so much better post Evans. Getting the bigger tickets on longer term deals. An extension for Morsy would be very welcome news though.

Sadly, I see a Lee Evansesque exit (the footballer, not the comedian) for JD and Sone
[Post edited 30 Mar 13:47]
Walton on 13:50 - Mar 30 with 3279 viewsNutkins_Return

If we are still in the champ ideally he'll be number 1.
Login to get fewer ads

Walton on 13:51 - Mar 30 with 3273 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jackson
Donacien
Aluko
Walton
Hladky
Morsy

Morsy,
Hladky,
Ball,
Donacien,
Jackson,
Aluko.

1 year options on,

Burgess,
Tuanzebe,
Walton.

Walton on 13:52 - Mar 30 with 3261 views_clive_baker_

Walton on 13:47 - Mar 30 by Alberto_the_frog

Sadly, I see a Lee Evansesque exit (the footballer, not the comedian) for JD and Sone
[Post edited 30 Mar 13:47]

I think that’s probably right, and while sad in some respects, almost certainly would be the right call.
Walton on 13:55 - Mar 30 with 3245 views_clive_baker_

Walton on 13:51 - Mar 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Morsy,
Hladky,
Ball,
Donacien,
Jackson,
Aluko.

1 year options on,

Burgess,
Tuanzebe,
Walton.

For me, trigger all 3 options.

Get Morsy signed up for another 2 years.

Hladky keep at the right price, but I understand why his next deal is probably his last (arguably first) big pay cheque and one that could set him up for retirement too. Given his career to date he’s probably got to cash his chips off the back of this season one way or another.

Ball, JD, Aluko & Jackson I wouldn’t lose any sleep over. Lot of time for KJ and JD and both have been good servants, but probably time they cut their cloth elsewhere I would say.
Walton on 14:33 - Mar 30 with 3119 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Couple of million 🤣

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Walton on 15:47 - Mar 30 with 2877 viewsGarv

Any chance he might get more of a look in if we go up, ironically?

I imagine we won't play as much suicide ball in the PL and that will render Hladky less useful. I could see Walton being more important.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Walton on 15:51 - Mar 30 with 2852 viewsitfcjoe

Jackson
Donacien
Aluko
Walton
Hladky
Morsy

Morsy signed an extension in the summer and has another year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walton on 15:52 - Mar 30 with 2843 viewsDubtractor

I do think it matters what division we're in.

If we go up we will definitely want a better keeper than either of them, stay down and I think either is good enough.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Walton on 16:43 - Mar 30 with 2631 viewsBuhrer

Walton on 15:47 - Mar 30 by Garv

I imagine we won't play as much suicide ball in the PL and that will render Hladky less useful. I could see Walton being more important.

Suicide ball?! FFS

I've been watching McKennaball. I expect more of the same if we get to the premier, so Hladky, or a premier version of.
Walton on 17:07 - Mar 30 with 2547 viewsPhilTWTD

Walton on 15:51 - Mar 30 by itfcjoe

Morsy signed an extension in the summer and has another year

A clause was triggered by promotion giving him an extra year, if I remember rightly. Signed the previous summer.
Walton on 17:14 - Mar 30 with 2512 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Walton on 16:43 - Mar 30 by Buhrer

Suicide ball?! FFS

I've been watching McKennaball. I expect more of the same if we get to the premier, so Hladky, or a premier version of.

Exactly- as if we are suddenly going to spawn some new style of play from what we’d have been doing for the entirety of McKennas leadership, and would have got us back to back promotions.

I do wonder what planet some people are on sometimes.
Walton on 17:33 - Mar 30 with 2434 viewsColumba

Walton on 15:47 - Mar 30 by Garv

Suicide Ball? Have you watched us and our five losses this year?

Incredible.
Walton on 17:41 - Mar 30 with 2400 viewsnrb1985

Walton on 16:43 - Mar 30 by Buhrer

Suicide ball?! FFS

Phrased poorly I agree and we are first on merit, playing out from the back.

I think one could reasonably argue though that those lovely front to back moves started by Vaz have dried up in recent months and he has been at fault for a number of goals post Xmas.

That said, I wouldn’t advocate a change of goalie now with seven to play but not unfair to scrutinize Vaz’s drop off in form post Xmas.

If we were in the Champ again next season I’d happily wish him well for a big pay day and have Walton back in.
Walton on 17:55 - Mar 30 with 2337 viewstonybied

Walton on 17:41 - Mar 30 by nrb1985

Phrased poorly I agree and we are first on merit, playing out from the back.

I think one could reasonably argue though that those lovely front to back moves started by Vaz have dried up in recent months and he has been at fault for a number of goals post Xmas.

That said, I wouldn’t advocate a change of goalie now with seven to play but not unfair to scrutinize Vaz’s drop off in form post Xmas.

If we were in the Champ again next season I’d happily wish him well for a big pay day and have Walton back in.

We scored one of those lovely front to back goals against Sheffield Wednesday didn't we?
Walton on 18:09 - Mar 30 with 2288 viewshunty21

Jackson
Donacien
Aluko
Walton
Hladky
Morsy

Do ask the question why on earth we haven't nailed down morsy even being over 30
Walton on 18:11 - Mar 30 with 2284 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We aren't getting 2 million for Walton.

Id be signing 2 new keepers. Hladky been great but he's the wrong side of 30 now.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Walton on 18:37 - Mar 30 with 2195 viewsibbleobble

What’s the logic in getting rid of a class number 2 who should arguably be number one if it wasn’t for Hladky taking his chance? He stays. We’ll need him.
Walton on 22:27 - Mar 30 with 1919 viewsBlueForYou

Would not surprise me if both keepers move on in the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024