Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion 10:47 - Mar 28 with 2386 viewsGeoffSentence

The latest Price Of Football podcast discusses the new investment in ITFC (amongst other things)

Town bit starts at 11:30

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 10:56 - Mar 28 with 2316 viewsGeoffSentence

One interesting point, apparently the deal was first suggested before the beginning of the season, so it could be undervaluing Town.

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:06 - Mar 28 with 2244 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Secret Tractor-Boy" sounds dirty.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:08 - Mar 28 with 2243 viewsKeno

That that mean I have to wait 22 minutes before I can watch it?
[Post edited 28 Mar 11:23]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:08 - Mar 28 with 2244 viewsJakeITFC

RIP Monkey Barrel.
The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:18 - Mar 28 with 2169 viewsMeadowlark

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:08 - Mar 28 by Keno

That that mean I have to wait 22 minutes before I can watch it?
[Post edited 28 Mar 11:23]

No you have two wait twenty to minutes.....
The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:24 - Mar 28 with 2129 viewsKeno

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:18 - Mar 28 by Meadowlark

No you have two wait twenty to minutes.....

good spot

only 8 minutes now!!

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:32 - Mar 28 with 2097 viewsPhilTWTD

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 10:56 - Mar 28 by GeoffSentence

One interesting point, apparently the deal was first suggested before the beginning of the season, so it could be undervaluing Town.

Think that might have come from here, I was told it was first discussed before promotion and reported it last week. Think it's a stretch to suggest undervaluing as a result of that, as assume the price would have been set more recently even if discussions had been going on a while. Notable by the way that the photos of the new investors were taken at the Sunderland game in January.
The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:34 - Mar 28 with 2071 viewsGeoffSentence

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:32 - Mar 28 by PhilTWTD

Think that might have come from here, I was told it was first discussed before promotion and reported it last week. Think it's a stretch to suggest undervaluing as a result of that, as assume the price would have been set more recently even if discussions had been going on a while. Notable by the way that the photos of the new investors were taken at the Sunderland game in January.

You're The Secret Tractor?

Login to get fewer ads

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:36 - Mar 28 with 2060 viewsKeno

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:34 - Mar 28 by GeoffSentence

Phil ?

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:39 - Mar 28 with 2021 viewsPhilTWTD

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:34 - Mar 28 by GeoffSentence

No, I'm openly tractor.
The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 12:05 - Mar 28 with 1901 viewsIllinoisblue

This from someone on Twitter who knows things (can’t link their tweet as they’re protected)

“Regarding the bright path sports investment. It's not investment,it’s now a loan to cover the losses. ORG were only going to fund the club for 2 years. Unfortunately it's not the fairy tale we are lead to believe“

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 12:11 - Mar 28 with 1854 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 12:05 - Mar 28 by Illinoisblue

This from someone on Twitter who knows things (can’t link their tweet as they’re protected)

“Regarding the bright path sports investment. It's not investment,it’s now a loan to cover the losses. ORG were only going to fund the club for 2 years. Unfortunately it's not the fairy tale we are lead to believe“

It's not D1ckheadInTheRoom is it?

Genuine question, do you think MA would be making overtures about the Cobbold if ORG were only funding for two years, and moreover; do you think, given what we know, that ME would have sold the club on that basis.

I'm not sure they 'know things'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 12:32 - Mar 28 with 1744 viewsJakeITFC

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 12:05 - Mar 28 by Illinoisblue

Demonstrably untrue.
The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 12:34 - Mar 28 with 1745 viewsSmithersJones

“Knows things” as in “understands how private equity deals are structured”? Or as in “knows the details of this particular deal”?

I’d be interested to see their workings. If it’s a loan (and all the press releases say it’s an equity purchase) who’s it repayable from and to, and under what circumstances?
The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 12:43 - Mar 28 with 1718 viewsGuthrum

If they've bought shares, it isn't a loan. It's an investment.

If they haven't bought shares, it will show up in Companies House filings (or lack thereof).

It would also be rather odd for ORG to fund just two years starting well down in League One, plus all the property purchases and infrastructure work. It would pretty much guarantee them getting no return on their money.

Not to mention that you can only fund losses by taking out loans to a very limited degree (£5m per year in the EFL). That is how FFP/S&P works.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:04 - Mar 28 with 1597 viewsBobbychase

I was once told, by someone relatively well informed at ITFC, that it was more like eight years

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:11 - Mar 28 with 1564 viewsNthQldITFC

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 11:24 - Mar 28 by Keno

good spot

only 8 minutes now!!

Was it any good?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:13 - Mar 28 with 1553 viewsKeno

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:11 - Mar 28 by NthQldITFC

Was it any good?

the earth didnt move but it was interesting enough

not 100% sure it says anything we didnt know apart from outing Phil

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:19 - Mar 28 with 1525 viewsNthQldITFC

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:13 - Mar 28 by Keno

the earth didnt move but it was interesting enough

not 100% sure it says anything we didnt know apart from outing Phil

I'll tune in at 11:30 next week for the next instalment then.

Drum roll for the Monkey Barrel.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:23 - Mar 28 with 1494 viewsIllinoisblue

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 12:34 - Mar 28 by SmithersJones

“Knows things” as in “understands how private equity deals are structured”? Or as in “knows the details of this particular deal”?

I’d be interested to see their workings. If it’s a loan (and all the press releases say it’s an equity purchase) who’s it repayable from and to, and under what circumstances?

Knows general ITFC thihgs as seems to have a source at the club; they tweeted about the takeover before it was announced

62 - 78 - 81

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:24 - Mar 28 with 1489 viewsPhilTWTD

They've funded for three years as it stands. I don't see how it could be a loan given they've taken a stake of just over 40 per cent of the club.
The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 15:56 - Mar 28 with 1121 viewsBlueBadger

Didn't realise that Budgieintheroom was on Twitter.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 16:07 - Mar 28 with 1082 viewsIllinoisblue

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 13:04 - Mar 28 by Bobbychase

I was once told, by someone relatively well informed at ITFC, that it was more like eight years

As others have said, the two year thing doesn’t make any sense at all really if you’re buying a fading underinvested L1 club and hoping to turn a profit that quickly.

62 - 78 - 81

The Price Of Football - Ipswich New Investors discussion on 16:35 - Mar 28 with 984 viewsOldFart71

Unless Towns CEO is a liar, which given he's been unfront ever since he took office then this is a straightforward investment. Gamechanger although we were initially informed they had a money pot of I believe some 800 million were according to all involved always going to look for further investment of the club and this extra £102 million is for the future security of the club allowing them to make necessary changes to the training facilities, player purchases and perhaps the building of a new stand. Ultimately of course all the relevant investors will want a return on their money. Nobody should kid themselves that this isn't the ultimate aim. But we have to ask ourselves what we prefer, a rundown club with little investment and even less entertainment or what we have now, a dynamic forward thinking owner(s) with a fantastic manager, backroom staff, CEO and players and supporters who can't get enough of it after years of failure and disappointment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024