Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed 10:04 - Mar 28 with 3090 viewschrice

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/28/season-ticket-renewal-window/
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 10:36 - Mar 28 with 2543 views_clive_baker_

Up 8%. Can't say I'm particularly surprised given the inflationary environment we're operating in, and with NMW up too. Not to mention the fact demand is outpacing supply, so it's perfectly understandable that we'll want to maximise the revenue at a time PR is packed to the rafters.

Times are tough for people right now, and our fans have been amazing this season home and away, so it's a tricky one for the club I imagine, but ultimately feels like a necessity.
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 10:42 - Mar 28 with 2496 viewsScuzzer

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 10:36 - Mar 28 by _clive_baker_

Up 8%. Can't say I'm particularly surprised given the inflationary environment we're operating in, and with NMW up too. Not to mention the fact demand is outpacing supply, so it's perfectly understandable that we'll want to maximise the revenue at a time PR is packed to the rafters.

Times are tough for people right now, and our fans have been amazing this season home and away, so it's a tricky one for the club I imagine, but ultimately feels like a necessity.

Totally understand the club. And for one I'm not going to moan about it as the entertainment value is well worth it. And...maybe we will be watching Premier League football next season.

Established 1968

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 10:56 - Mar 28 with 2400 views_clive_baker_

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 10:42 - Mar 28 by Scuzzer

Totally understand the club. And for one I'm not going to moan about it as the entertainment value is well worth it. And...maybe we will be watching Premier League football next season.

£20 a game for PL football and <£17 a game for Championship football feels like a good deal to me.
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 10:56 - Mar 28 with 2406 viewsnorfsufblue

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 10:42 - Mar 28 by Scuzzer

For me the DD is a no brainer.... I pay once a month about the same as I would to buy a single match ticket and makes it affordable and its never been better for entertainment value!.... and I don't have to worry about renewing, its all automatic so it's win win for me
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 11:23 - Mar 28 with 2276 viewsN2_Blue

Yes, think that's all pretty reasonable from the club.

In the current inflationary environment and considering the demand there currently is it would be pretty poor business sense not to have applied an increase of this kind. The club is a business at the end of the day and must be prudent.

It's still incredibly reasonable, especially considering what the team has served up over last two seasons. It's great value and can be spread out over a year with the DD is a no brainer for me even though I can't make every game.

Feel for those where the increase does start to put pressure on the finances but we're still good value as a club.
[Post edited 28 Mar 11:24]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 11:27 - Mar 28 with 2243 viewslizzibee

Definately reasonable and may even be for PL! I don't think there was an increase last year either. The price per game is really good value for money. Look at the cost of some other clubs in our league, such as Wednesday and their costs
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 12:48 - Mar 28 with 2033 viewsitfcsuth

8% is about right for me.

Continued inflationary environment, but other factors to consider as well - continued heavy investment in the clubs infrastructure, continued investment in players & staff, and development of the academy, and naturally more successful/attractive football on the pitch.

Very different times from the Evans era, we see the investment being made it the club, and the fans have their part to play of financing as well.

Most, if not all fans would say we are getting real bang for your buck right now.
[Post edited 28 Mar 12:48]
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 13:18 - Mar 28 with 1922 viewsChurchman

I think it’s ok. The cost per game with DD is actually cheap especially given the fun we have had this season and that my seat is in the steerage cheap seats.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 13:22 - Mar 28 with 1903 viewsDinDjarin

I think that's reasonable and also cannot remember the last time prices were raised?
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 13:31 - Mar 28 with 1854 viewsHipsterectomy

Is Prem away allocations the same % as Championship?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 13:35 - Mar 28 with 1843 viewsLankHenners

Going to go massively against the grain and say it's Not Good when things get more expensive, sorry.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 13:53 - Mar 28 with 1775 viewsITFC_Forever

Daughter's has actually gone down £2... as she is a new ST holder this year, she (I) had to buy at the standard price last summer, so not the early bird price.

So her renewal at the 2024-25 early bird price is actually cheaper.

Mine is £381, which given what we've seen in the last couple of years is a bargain.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 14:06 - Mar 28 with 1719 viewsN2_Blue

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 13:35 - Mar 28 by LankHenners

Going to go massively against the grain and say it's Not Good when things get more expensive, sorry.

So you expect anything to stay the same price for ever or actually get cheaper? Welcome to the real word.

I don't think anyone is saying it's good when something gets more expensive but under the economic circumstances (inflation), the circumstances of the club, the demand and the football on offer this is a completely reasonable and expected rise.

I'd actually be concerned there was no business acumen at the club if there hadn't been a rise of somekind.

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 14:38 - Mar 28 with 1649 viewsAlanG296

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 14:06 - Mar 28 by N2_Blue

So you expect anything to stay the same price for ever or actually get cheaper? Welcome to the real word.

I don't think anyone is saying it's good when something gets more expensive but under the economic circumstances (inflation), the circumstances of the club, the demand and the football on offer this is a completely reasonable and expected rise.

I'd actually be concerned there was no business acumen at the club if there hadn't been a rise of somekind.

Not knocking Town at all. The increase is not a surprise to me, I expected worse given good old capitalist supply and demand.
Unfortunately annual price rises in all things has become an accepted business device, blaming "inflation" while actually contributing to "inflation" regardless of how much actual costs specific to the product or service have changed. Even saw an article the other day regarding "fears" that "inflation" could drop to 2% which was said to be "too low". It's a racket to keep screwing the majority while the greedy minority get richer and richer.
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 14:56 - Mar 28 with 1584 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 10:56 - Mar 28 by norfsufblue

For me the DD is a no brainer.... I pay once a month about the same as I would to buy a single match ticket and makes it affordable and its never been better for entertainment value!.... and I don't have to worry about renewing, its all automatic so it's win win for me

I'm sure people have their reasons, but I don't know why anyone would choose not to pay by interest free direct debit.

Can only think that some people don't want to be auto renewed.
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 15:13 - Mar 28 with 1512 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Whilst it has increased, looking back on the price of my ST seat(Upper SAR), it did take a significant dip on relegation to league 1. Given we are pushing for the PL, I think to be paying much the same as I was in 2011-12 is reasonable.

2006-07 - £456
2007-08 - £474
2008-09 - £474
2009-10 - £474
2010-11 - £474
2011-12 - £502
2012-13 - £502
2013-14 - £502
2014-15 - £532
2015-16 - £548
2016-17 - £556
2017-18 - £564
2018-19 - £508
2019-20 - £444
2020-21 - £444
2021-22 - £444
2022-23 - £444
2023-24 - £464
2024-25 - £501
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 15:21 - Mar 28 with 1477 viewsZx1988

It's a tricky one for me.

I appreciate why the club has done it, and completely get that 8% on season tickets is more revenue towards FFP etc., I just hope that the staff at the lower end of the wage scale (not necessarily those on minimum wage, as they're getting an automatic increase) are also seeing an 8% increase in their wages.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 15:35 - Mar 28 with 1424 viewsSheffordBlue

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 15:21 - Mar 28 by Zx1988

It's a tricky one for me.

I appreciate why the club has done it, and completely get that 8% on season tickets is more revenue towards FFP etc., I just hope that the staff at the lower end of the wage scale (not necessarily those on minimum wage, as they're getting an automatic increase) are also seeing an 8% increase in their wages.

I seem to remember that the club gave an above inflation pay rise to those on lower wages when the cost of living crisis hit.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 15:47 - Mar 28 with 1383 viewsGeoffSentence

The club are subject to inflation too. Their costs go up so it is reasonable for them to cover those costs by putting up their own prices. This is, after all, The Real World.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 16:22 - Mar 28 with 1301 viewslizzibee

Get that, but running the club will have got more expensive - all running costs have gone up. I expect the cost of that is more than the 8% on season tickets and still cheap compared to other clubs
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 16:31 - Mar 28 with 1245 viewsN2_Blue

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 14:38 - Mar 28 by AlanG296

Not knocking Town at all. The increase is not a surprise to me, I expected worse given good old capitalist supply and demand.
Unfortunately annual price rises in all things has become an accepted business device, blaming "inflation" while actually contributing to "inflation" regardless of how much actual costs specific to the product or service have changed. Even saw an article the other day regarding "fears" that "inflation" could drop to 2% which was said to be "too low". It's a racket to keep screwing the majority while the greedy minority get richer and richer.

But it's not just inflationary increase here is it.
Demand through the roof.
Entertainment 2nd to none for any ground in England in last two years. Ipswich under Mckenna have scored more goals than any of the under 92 and we know the majority of those are scored at home.
Potential Prem league football
Massive infrastructural investment

They are all valid reasons for the increase

So whilst i do get your point with regards to inflation, that is not necessarily being used as an excuse to raise the prices in this case.

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 17:12 - Mar 28 with 1149 viewsAlanG296

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 16:31 - Mar 28 by N2_Blue

But it's not just inflationary increase here is it.
Demand through the roof.
Entertainment 2nd to none for any ground in England in last two years. Ipswich under Mckenna have scored more goals than any of the under 92 and we know the majority of those are scored at home.
Potential Prem league football
Massive infrastructural investment

They are all valid reasons for the increase

So whilst i do get your point with regards to inflation, that is not necessarily being used as an excuse to raise the prices in this case.

As I said, not knocking the club at all.
The club has not used the i word in their announcements about this anywhere and IMO didn't need to give any reasons. Just had noticed that many posters used the i word on this thread, show how conditioned people have become to prices, in a general sense, going up, which IMO is for the benefit of the few. Too many prices
go up because they can be not because they have to be. That's the real rich man's world.
Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 17:13 - Mar 28 with 1134 viewsLankHenners

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 15:47 - Mar 28 by GeoffSentence

The club are subject to inflation too. Their costs go up so it is reasonable for them to cover those costs by putting up their own prices. This is, after all, The Real World.

To paraphrase Mr H. Simpson, just because I don't think something's good, doesn't mean I don't understand.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 17:16 - Mar 28 with 1115 viewsN2_Blue

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 17:12 - Mar 28 by AlanG296

The club has not used the i word in their announcements about this anywhere and IMO didn't need to give any reasons. Just had noticed that many posters used the i word on this thread, show how conditioned people have become to prices, in a general sense, going up, which IMO is for the benefit of the few. Too many prices
go up because they can be not because they have to be. That's the real rich man's world.

That's very valid, i can't argue with that

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 17:23 - Mar 28 with 1093 views_clive_baker_

Season Ticket Renewal Info Just Landed on 17:12 - Mar 28 by AlanG296

Inflation will have impacted the club though, just like any business over the past couple of years. National minimum wage going up, staff costs will have gone up to retain talent (1/3 of our total wage bill is non playing staff), utility costs will have gone up and back down but still above pre covid levels. That's no small figure when you're running and maintaining a football club. Rates and other operational expenditure will also be impacted.

Not to say the club has pointed to those factors, but I dare say we can't not offset that. The big one of course for football clubs is player wages which increase if you want the sort of players who can have you 3rd in the Championship. There's really no justification needed, and primarily its opportunistic given there's a finite amount of supply, and currently sufficient demand to fill that supply at a higher price. It was always going to happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024