Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe standing…. 18:53 - Mar 19 with 1349 viewsITFC_Forever

If I am not mistaken, Cardiff away was the first time we have used it / had it allocated to us as away fans.

For those in the safe standing section, what was it like? Any different to everyone standing up anyway? More densely populated? Better with something to stop you falling over the seat in front when we scored?

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Safe standing…. on 18:58 - Mar 19 with 1319 viewsDanny_G

We had it at QPR too. It felt the same as standing in front of a seat.
Safe standing…. on 19:04 - Mar 19 with 1282 viewsSitfcB

Weirdly it felt more spacious, where I was anyway, helps that it’s a new stadium, and nice to have something to lean on

Experienced it at Old Trafford last month and it was fine there to be fair, but a bit tighter, and couldn’t sit down properly at HT.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Safe standing…. on 19:12 - Mar 19 with 1245 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Safe standing…. on 19:04 - Mar 19 by SitfcB

Weirdly it felt more spacious, where I was anyway, helps that it’s a new stadium, and nice to have something to lean on

Experienced it at Old Trafford last month and it was fine there to be fair, but a bit tighter, and couldn’t sit down properly at HT.

It did feel more spacious, the bar was a bit low I thought though, and when I did sit down at half time, I cracked the back of my head on it. Safe Standing maybe, safe sitting? My arse.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Safe standing…. on 19:23 - Mar 19 with 1199 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Safe standing…. on 19:12 - Mar 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

It did feel more spacious, the bar was a bit low I thought though, and when I did sit down at half time, I cracked the back of my head on it. Safe Standing maybe, safe sitting? My arse.

Where there's a sprain there's a claim.
Tell them you demand our points back.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Safe standing…. on 19:30 - Mar 19 with 1164 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

we also had it at Birmingham away
Safe standing…. on 19:45 - Mar 19 with 1115 viewsITFC_Forever

Safe standing…. on 18:58 - Mar 19 by Danny_G

We had it at QPR too. It felt the same as standing in front of a seat.

I don’t remember it at QPR, it wasn’t in our section (upper tier to the left of the goal).

Safe standing…. on 19:46 - Mar 19 with 1108 viewsITFC_Forever

Safe standing…. on 19:30 - Mar 19 by HungryLikeTheWoolf

we also had it at Birmingham away

Ah, ok, didn’t go to Brum.

Safe standing…. on 20:38 - Mar 19 with 1026 viewsDanny_G

Safe standing…. on 19:45 - Mar 19 by ITFC_Forever

I don’t remember it at QPR, it wasn’t in our section (upper tier to the left of the goal).

They only have it in a few rows at the back of the upper tier, in the middle blocks. Bit pointless when the whole end stands anyway.

You can see it at the back in this photo

[Post edited 19 Mar 20:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Safe standing…. on 20:47 - Mar 19 with 998 viewsSwansea_Blue

What was it like? Tiring lol. I enjoyed my sit down at half time. The set up there was very inconspicuous - just a low(ish) round bar retrofitted along the front edge of each step and with the original seats still in place. It didn’t get in the way when you moved about, so there was as much room as you have when seated. Some of the safe standing areas have whole new seat units with integrated barriers on the back. It was nothing like that and I imagine as cheap as chips to install. It was very low key/low tech, it makes me wonder what all the fuss is about.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Safe standing…. on 20:52 - Mar 19 with 981 viewsSitfcB

Safe standing…. on 20:47 - Mar 19 by Swansea_Blue

What was it like? Tiring lol. I enjoyed my sit down at half time. The set up there was very inconspicuous - just a low(ish) round bar retrofitted along the front edge of each step and with the original seats still in place. It didn’t get in the way when you moved about, so there was as much room as you have when seated. Some of the safe standing areas have whole new seat units with integrated barriers on the back. It was nothing like that and I imagine as cheap as chips to install. It was very low key/low tech, it makes me wonder what all the fuss is about.

I think all of the safe standing areas in England are the same, just a bar fitted in front of existing seats. It’s not what it’s like in say Germany.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Safe standing…. on 21:23 - Mar 19 with 876 viewsTractorWood

Safe standing…. on 20:52 - Mar 19 by SitfcB

I think all of the safe standing areas in England are the same, just a bar fitted in front of existing seats. It’s not what it’s like in say Germany.

It's how I remember Dortmund when I saw England play there years ago.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Safe standing…. on 21:27 - Mar 19 with 867 viewsSwansea_Blue

Safe standing…. on 20:52 - Mar 19 by SitfcB

Should be relatively straightforward to convert stadia if that’s the case. Although presumably it’s legislation that’s the block rather than bolting a few bars down.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Safe standing…. on 06:45 - Mar 20 with 579 viewsDanny_G

Safe standing…. on 21:23 - Mar 19 by TractorWood

It's how I remember Dortmund when I saw England play there years ago.

We weren’t in the actual standing area in Dortmund. The away section was in a normal seating area in the upper tier where they had also installed bars with the seats for safety reasons.

Plus, for international matches, the stadia are all-seater anyway, so they don’t have the double capacity in the standing area. Meaning even if we had been out into either the terrace or the rail seat standing area, it wouldn’t have felt much different.
Safe standing…. on 06:54 - Mar 20 with 569 viewsJakeITFC

The Birmingham one was quite painful when we scored as it was effectively just heavy scaffolding poles.

The England end at Wembley that has it is really good, spacious and well designed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024