Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson.... 18:23 - Mar 16 with 3838 viewshomer_123

....just brilliant.

As good a cross as you'll see and was an absolute constant threat from the minute he was on.

Will he always be underrated? An absolute team player....delighted for him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jackson.... on 18:26 - Mar 16 with 3058 viewsHerbivore

That ball for Broadhead was ridiculous. Thought he was great, almost a bit too unselfish on a couple of occasions second half but we didn't miss a beat with him replacing Burns which shows what a fantastic squad option he is. Anyone who still doesn't rate Jackson at this point, I give up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson.... on 18:27 - Mar 16 with 3037 viewshomer_123

Jackson.... on 18:26 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

That ball for Broadhead was ridiculous. Thought he was great, almost a bit too unselfish on a couple of occasions second half but we didn't miss a beat with him replacing Burns which shows what a fantastic squad option he is. Anyone who still doesn't rate Jackson at this point, I give up.

He so nearly found him again in the second half. Cracking performance.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jackson.... on 18:32 - Mar 16 with 2980 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Jackson has been great whenever called upon by McKenna. And he is often called upon.

Won't hear a bad word against him. Great servant for us.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jackson.... on 20:03 - Mar 16 with 2668 viewsJackNorthStand

I think because you believe he’s under-rated, you have subconsciously over rated his performance.
Jackson.... on 20:09 - Mar 16 with 2627 viewstextbackup

Today was perfect for him, taking nothing away from him, but they weren’t great, from memory he seems to always play well Vs SWFC. One of my favourite goals last season was his away goal vs them.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jackson.... on 20:09 - Mar 16 with 2626 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Was scratching my head about who would replace Burns, thinking Omari might go wide and someone else go central. Jackson had completely gone off my radar but what a great job he did.....again.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Jackson.... on 20:13 - Mar 16 with 2607 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Jackson.... on 20:03 - Mar 16 by JackNorthStand

I think because you believe he’s under-rated, you have subconsciously over rated his performance.

Right. Excellent ball for the broadhead goal, technically poor twice in the second half (once for that volley, and once when trying to pass 20 yards to an unmarked player in the middle).

We always go around in circles on this. He’s a worker, but technically not at the level.
Jackson.... on 20:42 - Mar 16 with 2455 viewsITFC_84

Jackson.... on 20:13 - Mar 16 by PrideOfTheEast

Right. Excellent ball for the broadhead goal, technically poor twice in the second half (once for that volley, and once when trying to pass 20 yards to an unmarked player in the middle).

We always go around in circles on this. He’s a worker, but technically not at the level.

Yep.
Let’s not go over the top here.
Decent. Works hard. A good ball for Broadhead today.
But, as we’ve seen multiple times, not good enough for this level.
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson.... on 20:43 - Mar 16 with 2453 viewsblueislander

Have you hacked Wally’s account?
Jackson.... on 20:54 - Mar 16 with 2378 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

An old fella behind me in SBR Block 3. 1st 10 minutes of the game he's yelling "Get rid of it" while we are stroking it about with Wednesday chasing shadows. Then as Kayden was on the touchline about to come on, he is shouting "Not that f***ing c**t" .
I turned round and gave him some verbal, told him to get behind our players.
What is it with some people? Utter moron.
[Post edited 16 Mar 21:20]

Poll: would you rather

Jackson.... on 21:00 - Mar 16 with 2327 viewsSE1blue

Jackson.... on 20:54 - Mar 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

An old fella behind me in SBR Block 3. 1st 10 minutes of the game he's yelling "Get rid of it" while we are stroking it about with Wednesday chasing shadows. Then as Kayden was on the touchline about to come on, he is shouting "Not that f***ing c**t" .

You’d think Lambert would just be happy that he’s still getting money from us but the fact he’s going to our games is crazy.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Jackson.... on 21:02 - Mar 16 with 2313 viewsAVJones

Jackson.... on 20:42 - Mar 16 by ITFC_84

Yep.

I’d suggest it was a brilliant pass, not just “good”.

He’s clearly good enough for this level, McKenna wouldn’t trust him and play him if he wasn’t.

And being as hard working as him is a great strength.

Excellent squad player.
Jackson.... on 21:04 - Mar 16 with 2291 viewsSteve_M

If he had got that volley right it would have been an outstanding goal, seems harsh to judge him on that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jackson.... on 21:05 - Mar 16 with 2281 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Jackson.... on 20:54 - Mar 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

Citation?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Jackson.... on 21:15 - Mar 16 with 2239 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am sure he will be happy for some fans to be constantly underrating him whilst his manager is utilising as a squad player in the Premier League. It is what the manager thinks that matters most and if any fan thinks they know better than the manager who has us sitting 2nd in the Championship a couple of years after we were 9th in League 1 16 points away from automatic promotion is not worth listening to.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Jackson.... on 21:18 - Mar 16 with 2214 viewslmfcblue

Yep.

He played great today , was a constant threat with a great assist so which part is he not good enough at this level?? You tell me who you would’ve brought on for Burns?
Jackson.... on 21:27 - Mar 16 with 2166 viewsVic

Jackson.... on 21:15 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am sure he will be happy for some fans to be constantly underrating him whilst his manager is utilising as a squad player in the Premier League. It is what the manager thinks that matters most and if any fan thinks they know better than the manager who has us sitting 2nd in the Championship a couple of years after we were 9th in League 1 16 points away from automatic promotion is not worth listening to.

Sometimes I wish I could give mor3 than one uppie 🙂

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Jackson.... on 21:51 - Mar 16 with 2046 viewsVic

Yep.

Here’s what Mass said about Jackson’s cross for Broadie - “ … and he’s set up Broady [Nathan Broadhead] with an unbelievable ball.”.

That’s good enough for me!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Jackson.... on 21:53 - Mar 16 with 2039 viewsbaxterbasics

Good shift from him, he works quite well on the right there.

Should have done better with that volley attempt.

But if Burns is out for a while, I am glad we have Jackson available.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Jackson.... on 21:57 - Mar 16 with 1984 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Jackson.... on 20:03 - Mar 16 by JackNorthStand

You obviously had too many shandies to notice much that was going on today at Portman Road or you don’t understand football.
Jackson.... on 22:02 - Mar 16 with 1940 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Jackson.... on 21:18 - Mar 16 by lmfcblue

He played great today , was a constant threat with a great assist so which part is he not good enough at this level?? You tell me who you would’ve brought on for Burns?

Exactly, I’m really not sure what some people on here expect.
Jackson.... on 22:10 - Mar 16 with 1894 viewsLankHenners

Seems to be one of a few players that people love to laud when they make an impact of any kind regardless of general performance, which is fine really as sport would be dull if everything was mechanically evaluated based on hitting statistical targets. Also true that when you get a big win everyone's brilliant, outstanding etc. but a loss means everyone was awful and should be out the team.

The cross for the goal was great, thought his quality on the ball other than that was lacking quite considerably to be honest. Probably says something that he didn't really take the time to think about the assist whereas every other time he was played down the line and had time he didn't put it near where it should have gone (obviously they can't all go right for any wide player).

You know what you're going to get with Jackson - technically a level or so below the rest of the forwards (hence why he's rarely been used outside of needs must situations this season) but works incredibly hard for the team and just the knowledge that he's got pace to burn gives defenders something different to worry about.

To be honest I feel quite sorry for him as I do think if we weren't such a mess as a club during the bulk of his time here he'd have had a better career in terms of playing and scoring goals had he gone to, say, Peterborough instead.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Jackson.... on 22:22 - Mar 16 with 1834 viewsNutkins_Return

I don't think he's underated. He has clear limitations. But what McKenna has done brilliantly for him is focused and made full use of what he does have. And how and where he plays now suits him. He was never going to be a 20 goal a season striker. But he is rapid and he can deliver a certain type of cross/cut back.

What I love about Jackson more than anything is his determination, guts, positivity and willingness to graft for every minute on the field.
Jackson.... on 22:35 - Mar 16 with 1782 viewsjayessess

Jackson.... on 22:10 - Mar 16 by LankHenners

Seems to be one of a few players that people love to laud when they make an impact of any kind regardless of general performance, which is fine really as sport would be dull if everything was mechanically evaluated based on hitting statistical targets. Also true that when you get a big win everyone's brilliant, outstanding etc. but a loss means everyone was awful and should be out the team.

The cross for the goal was great, thought his quality on the ball other than that was lacking quite considerably to be honest. Probably says something that he didn't really take the time to think about the assist whereas every other time he was played down the line and had time he didn't put it near where it should have gone (obviously they can't all go right for any wide player).

You know what you're going to get with Jackson - technically a level or so below the rest of the forwards (hence why he's rarely been used outside of needs must situations this season) but works incredibly hard for the team and just the knowledge that he's got pace to burn gives defenders something different to worry about.

To be honest I feel quite sorry for him as I do think if we weren't such a mess as a club during the bulk of his time here he'd have had a better career in terms of playing and scoring goals had he gone to, say, Peterborough instead.

7 goals/assists in 778 minutes of football this season. That's an outstanding impact from a fringe player full stop.

Wingers put in a lot of crosses that don't connect with a forward player, it's in the nature of crossing. Leif Davis completed 4/12 today, Kayden Jackson 1/4, Wes Burns 0/2. Burns and Davis completed 2/11 at Cardiff. Any time you attempt to complete a cross, there'll be more defensive players in the zone you're trying to hit than there are attacking players, so you'll fail more often than not.

When football fans don't rate a player, they tend to see common occurrences (like incomplete crosses or not scoring from a shooting opportunity) as evidence that they aren't up to it in fundamental ways, when in reality those things happen to every player.

You say "general performance" but basically just note whether he completed crosses. General performance includes all that stuff about off-the-ball movement, defensive work, simple involvement in our play that you basically take for granted.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson.... on 23:17 - Mar 16 with 1626 viewsLankHenners

Jackson.... on 22:35 - Mar 16 by jayessess

7 goals/assists in 778 minutes of football this season. That's an outstanding impact from a fringe player full stop.

Wingers put in a lot of crosses that don't connect with a forward player, it's in the nature of crossing. Leif Davis completed 4/12 today, Kayden Jackson 1/4, Wes Burns 0/2. Burns and Davis completed 2/11 at Cardiff. Any time you attempt to complete a cross, there'll be more defensive players in the zone you're trying to hit than there are attacking players, so you'll fail more often than not.

When football fans don't rate a player, they tend to see common occurrences (like incomplete crosses or not scoring from a shooting opportunity) as evidence that they aren't up to it in fundamental ways, when in reality those things happen to every player.

You say "general performance" but basically just note whether he completed crosses. General performance includes all that stuff about off-the-ball movement, defensive work, simple involvement in our play that you basically take for granted.

Well I already mentioned wide players not being expected to be accurate all the time and the other parts of Jackson's game so not really sure why you've decided to drag me over the coals about them.

Just thought he wasn't as good today as the thread made out, as I think happens fairly regularly with him as it does with certain other players (for broadly speaking the inverse of your 3rd para). Fine to disagree, I don't really care, just a bit tedious to be talked down to like I'm stupid because of it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024