Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? 09:38 - Mar 11 with 10707 viewsUSA

I write this with no agenda. Only with a genuine concern about the reputation of our club.

I have previously raised concerns on other channels about the reputational damage that I think the club risk with part of the Blue Action movement labelling themselves as Ultras. I believe that the connotations of what Ultras represent is very very negative. Please read the link below.

https://news.sky.com/story/violent-football-ultras-reveal-why-they-attack-rivals

Now, initially I contacted a friend who is involved in the BA movement and made a suggestion that they could speak with someone to discuss whether or not this is the type of thing we want to potentially be linked with, even if very tenuously. I appreciate many of the Ultras are over hormonal teens who get a bit OTT but my friend advised that they had actually noticed an increase in the numbers of people who are getting the wrong idea about what BA is intended for and incidents of fighting etc are starting to occur. The Cardiff incident as an example. Now the Cardiff incident may not be in anyway associated with any BA member. But if their own members are also noticing issues then now is the time to act.

Yes the effectiveness of what they do is debated, but there is no doubt their intentions are for the good of the club. What we don’t need to to end up with a reputation of Cardiff or Millwall fans. Which may seem a long way off now, but we need to recognise the risk now and stamp it out.

I await your down votes.
[Post edited 11 Mar 9:39]
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:45 - Mar 11 with 5664 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

[Post edited 11 Mar 9:49]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 09:48 - Mar 11 with 5619 viewsUSA

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:45 - Mar 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

[Post edited 11 Mar 9:49]

Yes, but if they don’t distance themselves, and soon, it could become a problem for them. I agree the intentions are good.
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 09:52 - Mar 11 with 5570 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 09:48 - Mar 11 by USA

Yes, but if they don’t distance themselves, and soon, it could become a problem for them. I agree the intentions are good.

Not sure why my initial post has deleted. I don't understand technology.

But to this I would say, it isn't up to Blue action to distance themselves from something that probably has nothing to do with them.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 09:57 - Mar 11 with 5513 viewsEuropablue

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 09:48 - Mar 11 by USA

If they don't distance themselves from trouble elements, the club is not going to tolerate them or allow them to have a continued privileged position in the stadium.
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:02 - Mar 11 with 5424 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shouldn't you need to demonstrate there's any link between BA and trouble before claiming they are (or could) threaten the reputation of our club? The idiots I saw in Cardiff didn't have anything obvious about them that linked them to BA.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:07 - Mar 11 with 5386 viewsUSA

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:02 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

Shouldn't you need to demonstrate there's any link between BA and trouble before claiming they are (or could) threaten the reputation of our club? The idiots I saw in Cardiff didn't have anything obvious about them that linked them to BA.

So they all wear badges then? Or is it only Stone Island jackets that’s the u form?

My immediate thought when I saw that Ultra banner at the Norwich game was, oh god, what are Blue Action doing that for. I assumed it’s them because of the organisation to have a banner. If the masses associate the two as the same, then that’s a problem.
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:16 - Mar 11 with 5283 viewsSwansea_Blue

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:07 - Mar 11 by USA

So they all wear badges then? Or is it only Stone Island jackets that’s the u form?

My immediate thought when I saw that Ultra banner at the Norwich game was, oh god, what are Blue Action doing that for. I assumed it’s them because of the organisation to have a banner. If the masses associate the two as the same, then that’s a problem.

BA are normally very visible with their banners and flags and the like. It wouldn't hurt to disassociate themselves from the word 'Ultras', but apart from that there's not a lot they can do if people are going to associate them with trouble when they're not causing any.

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:23 - Mar 11 with 5242 viewsSteve_M

It does look as if you've added two and two here and made 573.

The problem Saturday seems to have been one that has become increasingly frustrating for London awaydays: youngsters drinking far more than they can cope with and becoming overly aggressive and obnoxious, including to other Town fans.

I'm not sure that has anything at all to do with Blue Action, although there is perhaps an issue that the wider membership of BA does include some of the above behaviours and some chants that are best consigned to history (the ones about an 80 year old woman mainly).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:24 - Mar 11 with 5219 viewscbower

From my perspective, BA are a group of very committed fans ( hence the 'Ultra' terminology) who's only interest is to generate more noise, a better atmosphere at PR through their singing, banners and their pre- match welcomes. They deserve nothing but praise for this. If, and it remains a big IF, any Town fan (not just members of BA) has information about violent / criminal behaviour, it is their civic duty to report it to the relevant authorities. It should never become just a BA issue to resolve, as an entire fan base we should oppose any such behaviour.
I for ohe would like to thank the BA group for resurrecting an atmosphere over the last few years. Don’t let a few to$$ers destroy the great work they have done.

bluescouser

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:28 - Mar 11 with 5176 viewsUSA

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:24 - Mar 11 by cbower

From my perspective, BA are a group of very committed fans ( hence the 'Ultra' terminology) who's only interest is to generate more noise, a better atmosphere at PR through their singing, banners and their pre- match welcomes. They deserve nothing but praise for this. If, and it remains a big IF, any Town fan (not just members of BA) has information about violent / criminal behaviour, it is their civic duty to report it to the relevant authorities. It should never become just a BA issue to resolve, as an entire fan base we should oppose any such behaviour.
I for ohe would like to thank the BA group for resurrecting an atmosphere over the last few years. Don’t let a few to$$ers destroy the great work they have done.

And that was where it started for me. Don’t use the word Ultras. The connotations are not good.
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:29 - Mar 11 with 5162 viewsBasuco

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 09:52 - Mar 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

Not sure why my initial post has deleted. I don't understand technology.

But to this I would say, it isn't up to Blue action to distance themselves from something that probably has nothing to do with them.

Sadly the term ultra is associated with hard core football violence, this could attract the hard core very violent fans to want to "take them on". Blue action have been brilliant and long may it continue, but away Town fans do not want to give the impression in any way that we are that type of club or fans. Hard core vocal support home and away is what I believe BA is all about, something they are very good at and long may it continue. I would not want them to be targeted by "proper lads" because they could end up getting themselves into serious trouble, up against an experienced firm, as it does still exist. I am not part of BA but fully support them and what they are trying to do, but they need to protect themselves.
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:29 - Mar 11 with 5156 viewsUSA

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:23 - Mar 11 by Steve_M

The problem Saturday seems to have been one that has become increasingly frustrating for London awaydays: youngsters drinking far more than they can cope with and becoming overly aggressive and obnoxious, including to other Town fans.

I'm not sure that has anything at all to do with Blue Action, although there is perhaps an issue that the wider membership of BA does include some of the above behaviours and some chants that are best consigned to history (the ones about an 80 year old woman mainly).

Your last paragraph is exactly what should happen. Let’s stop those with those behaviours before they stop Blue Action
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:30 - Mar 11 with 5142 viewsartsbossbeard

File under: Fuss about absolutely nothing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:32 - Mar 11 with 5126 viewsUSA

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:29 - Mar 11 by Basuco

Sadly the term ultra is associated with hard core football violence, this could attract the hard core very violent fans to want to "take them on". Blue action have been brilliant and long may it continue, but away Town fans do not want to give the impression in any way that we are that type of club or fans. Hard core vocal support home and away is what I believe BA is all about, something they are very good at and long may it continue. I would not want them to be targeted by "proper lads" because they could end up getting themselves into serious trouble, up against an experienced firm, as it does still exist. I am not part of BA but fully support them and what they are trying to do, but they need to protect themselves.

This is it exactly. Using that word could make them the target.
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:35 - Mar 11 with 5093 viewstextbackup

Imagine thinking a bunch of kids from Kesgrave and Woodbridge are actually the same as the ultras seen in Europe 😂😂😂😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:36 - Mar 11 with 5062 viewsartsbossbeard

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:35 - Mar 11 by textbackup

Imagine thinking a bunch of kids from Kesgrave and Woodbridge are actually the same as the ultras seen in Europe 😂😂😂😂

This is ace, isn't it.

I'm sticking around to see how this pans out.

* sips coffee *

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:36 - Mar 11 with 5054 viewsFunge

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:23 - Mar 11 by Steve_M

Apropos of very little here, and talking from a purely anecdotal perspective, I think part of the teenage support experience is going away, getting drunk and excited, and acting like a nobhead.

I got punched in the head at Carrow Rd in 1996 (Danny Sonner scored a blinder, and I deserved it), and, 3 years later at Swindon, I got basically told by about 30 Towun fans to sit down, shut up and fck off, after turning up drunk and giving some poor old Swindon steward grief over pretty much nothing.

I've also, in more recent times (maybe 10 years ago), started on Sitters and his mates at the back of the NSL over not much at all, prompting a mid-game downstairs 'chat' and, happily, an amicable resolution (do pass my best onto Sam if you see him, Sitters...)

Of course, I am now an exemplary Towun fan, and many others in North Lower follow my lead when passing comment on Keith Stroud's excellent refereeing, along with many other issues.

Simply, if you're punching people at football, then you might be taking it a little bit too seriously.

In any case, I've a lot of love for Blue Action; the OPs post is a bit wild.
[Post edited 11 Mar 10:39]
Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:38 - Mar 11 with 5014 viewstextbackup

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:30 - Mar 11 by artsbossbeard

File under: Fuss about absolutely nothing.

I actually read this open mouthed that a human was saying/thinking it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:39 - Mar 11 with 4983 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

They aren't the same.

Kesgrave much harder than Poznan and Rome.

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:40 - Mar 11 with 4946 viewsReuser_is_God

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:39 - Mar 11 by TRUE_BLUE123

They aren't the same.

Kesgrave much harder than Poznan and Rome.

Why do you think foreign football fans never travel to Kesgrave?

They wouldn’t make it past the Fisheries.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:41 - Mar 11 with 4943 viewsReuser_is_God

Utter tripe.

Evans out

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:41 - Mar 11 with 4932 viewsSitfcB

Lazy connection.

If you look up the saying ‘football ultra’ fighting isn’t mentioned.

Now if BA was a ‘football firm’ you’d have a point. But it isn’t.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:41 - Mar 11 with 4919 viewsSwansea_Blue

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:28 - Mar 11 by USA

And that was where it started for me. Don’t use the word Ultras. The connotations are not good.

In fairness, that's not the worst suggestion. I think you went overboard on making links with things that may not exist, but the word 'ultra' certainly does have very negative connotations.

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:42 - Mar 11 with 4916 viewsReuser_is_God

I can’t wait for us to play some obscure European team in a couple of years & start slashing them.

We were actually planning an ambush on Sheff Weds Saturday but better think twice now.
[Post edited 11 Mar 10:43]

Evans out

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:42 - Mar 11 with 4907 viewsartsbossbeard

Beginning of the end for Blue Action? on 10:40 - Mar 11 by Reuser_is_God

Why do you think foreign football fans never travel to Kesgrave?

They wouldn’t make it past the Fisheries.

Kesgrave is Wanderers manner.

Might have to be on your toes if you get rumbled.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024