Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had a crystal ball 12:56 - Mar 6 with 2012 viewsbaxterbasics

and it could tell you today how this season will finish, would you use it and find out? Or could you resist the temptation and keep on enduring this rollercoaster?

(Assuming you aren't allowed to profit from this knowledge Back to the Future 2 style)

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

If you had a crystal ball on 13:20 - Mar 6 with 1921 viewsJ2BLUE

No. No real fan would look IMO (except in exceptional circumstances)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you had a crystal ball on 16:48 - Mar 6 with 1771 viewsBrandonsBlues

no, the journey is better than arriving sometimes
If you had a crystal ball on 16:53 - Mar 6 with 1759 viewsRyorry

I would, I could then relax and enjoy watching us instead of spending 11 x 90+ minutes with every muscle, nerve, sinew & brain-cell screwed up in tortuous angst, all the while knowing that the nearest de-fibrillator is a mile away.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you had a crystal ball on 17:19 - Mar 6 with 1714 viewsKeno

If I had a crystal ball Id go to the doctors and get it treated

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If you had a crystal ball on 17:23 - Mar 6 with 1693 viewssquiz

It's bad enough watchjng a game online and bet365 is about 60 seconds ahead. Always the temptation to look.
If you had a crystal ball on 18:20 - Mar 6 with 1621 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you had a crystal ball on 17:23 - Mar 6 by squiz

It's bad enough watchjng a game online and bet365 is about 60 seconds ahead. Always the temptation to look.

I have fotmob on my phone and that tends to know about a minute before we score so I turned off the notifications. I think Radio Suffolk is ahead of the Sky streams as well.

I think it was Glassers who simply posted 'Penalty' last night and I was preparing myself for disappointment as at the time of him posting that, Bristol had a free-kick in our half as I was watching.
[Post edited 6 Mar 18:21]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

If you had a crystal ball on 22:04 - Mar 6 with 1514 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hell yeah. And I’d be straight down the bookies.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you had a crystal ball on 22:10 - Mar 6 with 1488 viewsWicklowBlue

Reminds me of the Fighting Fantasy books I had as a kid. The urge to peek at the end or bookmark decision points to go back and choose more wisely.

Spoils all the fun, I'm on the roller coaster whatever will be will be and I'll be super proud of our team no matter what happens.
Login to get fewer ads

If you had a crystal ball on 22:15 - Mar 6 with 1459 viewsRyorry

If you had a crystal ball on 18:20 - Mar 6 by gainsboroughblue

I have fotmob on my phone and that tends to know about a minute before we score so I turned off the notifications. I think Radio Suffolk is ahead of the Sky streams as well.

I think it was Glassers who simply posted 'Penalty' last night and I was preparing myself for disappointment as at the time of him posting that, Bristol had a free-kick in our half as I was watching.

It’s even worse when it’s Town TV alerts pinging 30 seconds ahead of Town TV commentary!

If you had a crystal ball on 23:15 - Mar 6 with 1371 viewsBigalhunter

If you had a crystal ball on 18:20 - Mar 6 by gainsboroughblue

Never understand the desire to watch the game on sky, logged into TWTD forum, and just continue to sit there to create a new thread called penalty or noooooooooo or yeeeeeeeees like some strange cross between a court recorder and ceefax.
I was halfway across the room knocking stuff over and scaring the grandkids when the penalty was awarded.
Up there with the people who sit in the stands for 90 mins on their phones.
[Post edited 6 Mar 23:17]
If you had a crystal ball on 23:46 - Mar 6 with 1345 viewsbaxterbasics

If you had a crystal ball on 22:10 - Mar 6 by WicklowBlue

Reminds me of the Fighting Fantasy books I had as a kid. The urge to peek at the end or bookmark decision points to go back and choose more wisely.

Spoils all the fun, I'm on the roller coaster whatever will be will be and I'll be super proud of our team no matter what happens.

Would that be the Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone books?

I was a big fan of the Lone Wolf series by Joe Dever as a young'un. But yes it was all too easy to check the consequences of your next decision before actually making it!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

If you had a crystal ball on 08:06 - Mar 7 with 1186 viewsLesta_Tractor

You don't need a crystal ball, we're going to finish third and lose in the playoffs.

Still a great season though

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

If you had a crystal ball on 10:03 - Mar 7 with 1106 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you had a crystal ball on 08:06 - Mar 7 by Lesta_Tractor

You don't need a crystal ball, we're going to finish third and lose in the playoffs.

Still a great season though

That's the spirit.

If you had a crystal ball on 10:14 - Mar 7 with 1084 viewsusm

You'd have to look, but then instantly regret it, whatever the outcome.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

If you had a crystal ball on 10:25 - Mar 7 with 1047 viewsgainsboroughblue

If you had a crystal ball on 10:14 - Mar 7 by usm

You'd have to look, but then instantly regret it, whatever the outcome.

I know somebody who had to work on the day of the 2000 play-off final. He had recorded the game to watch when he got home that evening. Turned his phone off so would get no notifications etc (in 2000, mobile use wasn't quite as prolific and no apps sending you notifications like you get now).

To go all that time knowing that the outcome was known and not be tempted to tune into the news on the radio etc took some real strength. Not sure I'd have been able to. Would've been well worth it though.

If you had a crystal ball on 11:33 - Mar 7 with 982 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Of course not. 90% of the fun is the journey and the not knowing.
If you had a crystal ball on 11:36 - Mar 7 with 965 viewsITFC_Forever

If you had a crystal ball on 17:23 - Mar 6 by squiz

Bet365 are quicker than any of the other sports apps.

I set the notifications to come through for the games I have in my acca, and if I include ITFC, our notification comes through within seconds of the goal going in.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If you had a crystal ball on 12:11 - Mar 7 with 923 viewsRyorry

If you had a crystal ball on 10:03 - Mar 7 by gainsboroughblue

That's the spirit.

Anti-hex manoeuvre or self-preservation maybe.

If you had a crystal ball on 13:38 - Mar 7 with 860 viewsStu_Magoo

Good Lord you just unlocked a memory there.... Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone!
If you had a crystal ball on 17:48 - Mar 7 with 762 viewsmonty_radio

Page 49: Al-Ahamadi stepped out to take the penalty - (look away now to page 54 or endure the drama?).

Page 54 - Leif coolly slotted it home to make it 3-2 (Stay with the match till the end, or turn back to page 50 to find out why it's only 3-2?)

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024