Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. 07:59 - Mar 6 with 4991 viewsITFC_Forever

Embarrassing from the Bristol players, it took half the Town team to protect the penalty spot, and several of our players had to mark theirs like they were defending a set piece.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:00 - Mar 6 with 3496 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think that's why the Pen was turned over to Al-Hamadi, Chappers had 3 or 4 Bristol players in his face the second he got in to the area.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:06 - Mar 6 with 3411 viewsRadlett_blue

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:00 - Mar 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think that's why the Pen was turned over to Al-Hamadi, Chappers had 3 or 4 Bristol players in his face the second he got in to the area.

The unpleasant side of modern football. No wonder a penalty kick these days takes 2-3 minutes to be taken, when in the old days, it was all done & dusted in 30 seconds.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:08 - Mar 6 with 3388 viewsnorfsufblue

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:00 - Mar 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

I begin to wonder why a penalty taker doesn't just disappear off to the centre circle and wait for the nowadays inevitable melee in the penalty area to get sorted...... get your head together and then just score!
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:10 - Mar 6 with 3372 viewsSitfcB

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:08 - Mar 6 by norfsufblue

I begin to wonder why a penalty taker doesn't just disappear off to the centre circle and wait for the nowadays inevitable melee in the penalty area to get sorted...... get your head together and then just score!

That’s why the distraction tactic was used, Chaplin held on to the ball to make out he was going to take it, then handed it to Ali at the last minute.

Didn’t really work mind.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:11 - Mar 6 with 3344 viewsLamp

Compare and contrast to how our players behaved after getting the Stroud treatment for the penalty Rotherham were awarded.
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:15 - Mar 6 with 3295 viewswrightsrightglove

I never understand why someone doesn’t sit / lay on the penalty spot. It shouldn’t come to that but it happens at every penalty now. Just lay across it and wait for the ref to get control
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:19 - Mar 6 with 3247 viewsHerbivore

It was symptomatic of the complete lack of control that the ref had all game. It wasn't like it was a particularly controversial award, there's no way it should have taken that long for the penalty to be taken but the ref was too weak to get the Brizzle sh!thouses out of the box. Thought they were one of the better schooled sides in the dark arts but they were aided by a ref who may as well not have bothered turning up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:23 - Mar 6 with 3210 viewstextbackup

‘Protect the pen spot’

I never get this, they might scuff it a bit, but it’s a dead ball kick, a bit of mess really shouldn’t matter.

It’s all very pantomime IMO.

Also, AAH should have never been given that pen.
[Post edited 6 Mar 8:27]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:27 - Mar 6 with 3110 viewsnorfsufblue

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:23 - Mar 6 by textbackup

‘Protect the pen spot’

I never get this, they might scuff it a bit, but it’s a dead ball kick, a bit of mess really shouldn’t matter.

It's simple really he just has to start booking players till they get the message..... I'd start with the keeper if he's anywhere near the spot!
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:30 - Mar 6 with 3059 viewsSteve_M

I thought the same with the free kick Chaplin scored from, they spent far too long disputing an obvious decision so was great to see them concede from it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:30 - Mar 6 with 3064 viewsEuropablue

They should change the guidance and let everyone know that once the decision has been made if players get in the way of the penalty being taken, yellow cards will start coming out. It only takes consistent application of fair rules to change behaviour.
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:32 - Mar 6 with 3036 viewsredrickstuhaart

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:30 - Mar 6 by Europablue

They should change the guidance and let everyone know that once the decision has been made if players get in the way of the penalty being taken, yellow cards will start coming out. It only takes consistent application of fair rules to change behaviour.

You know what will happen. They will introduce it one season, and then about 5 games in it will be forgotten again.
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:35 - Mar 6 with 2985 viewsEuropablue

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:11 - Mar 6 by Lamp

Compare and contrast to how our players behaved after getting the Stroud treatment for the penalty Rotherham were awarded.

It's much better to move on from the penalty as soon as you have conceded it. Just concentrate on getting another one back. Bristol City did seem to lose their heads, you'd expect a penalty miss to energize you. Then again the penalty was missed rather than saved. It really demonstrated our mental strength. We knew there would be at least one more chance, so we kept at it.
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:35 - Mar 6 with 2990 viewsITFC_Forever

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:23 - Mar 6 by textbackup

‘Protect the pen spot’

He never looked like he was going to score did he?

Not sure I would have been any more confident had Chaplin taken it either though.

We don't seem to have a reliable penalty taker at the moment. Maybe Taylor? But he's not always on the pitch....

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:38 - Mar 6 with 2938 viewsBuhrer

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:10 - Mar 6 by SitfcB

That’s why the distraction tactic was used, Chaplin held on to the ball to make out he was going to take it, then handed it to Ali at the last minute.

Didn’t really work mind.

And Ali then fumbled and dropped it, so immediately I feared a miss.
He looked like he was hyerventilating on 08:42 - Mar 6 with 2869 viewsDyland

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:38 - Mar 6 by Buhrer

And Ali then fumbled and dropped it, so immediately I feared a miss.

I was so sure he'd miss I even watched (when I'm not sure I usually close my eyes), arf.

Fair play to him for taking it though. The lad is full of desire and love for the game and seems to have a top attitude. Hes the dog's ballacks :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:06 - Mar 6 with 2694 viewsblue_curacao

I was also surprised that there was no red card for the foul - last man etc?

Not sure what the goalie was booked for?
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:09 - Mar 6 with 2673 viewsFixed_It

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:06 - Mar 6 by blue_curacao

Can't award a penaly AND send the player off - double jeopardy rule. But amazed he wasn't even booked!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:16 - Mar 6 with 2556 viewsKieran_Knows

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:35 - Mar 6 by ITFC_Forever

He never looked like he was going to score did he?

Not sure I would have been any more confident had Chaplin taken it either though.

We don't seem to have a reliable penalty taker at the moment. Maybe Taylor? But he's not always on the pitch....

McKenna mentioned after the Millwall game that the designated penalty taker wasn't on the pitch at the time .... so my guess is that could it be Moore now?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:21 - Mar 6 with 2494 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:16 - Mar 6 by Kieran_Knows

McKenna mentioned after the Millwall game that the designated penalty taker wasn't on the pitch at the time .... so my guess is that could it be Moore now?

I'd imagine Broadhead is probably first choice.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:24 - Mar 6 with 2462 viewsNthQldITFC

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:15 - Mar 6 by wrightsrightglove

I never understand why someone doesn’t sit / lay on the penalty spot. It shouldn’t come to that but it happens at every penalty now. Just lay across it and wait for the ref to get control

I once played in a game at Needham where there was giant kerfuffle off to the side of the box after a penalty had been awarded to the opposition. One of our lads quickly dropped his kecks and did a massive turd on the penalty spot before anyone noticed. They missed the kick.

(that didn't really happen, but I found the idea somewhat amusing)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:25 - Mar 6 with 2450 viewstextbackup

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:16 - Mar 6 by Kieran_Knows

If it came to a shootout I’d like to see
(In no particular order)
Taylor
Moore
Davis
Chaplin
Broadhead

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:28 - Mar 6 with 2379 viewsEastTownBlue

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:06 - Mar 6 by blue_curacao

A genuine attempt to play the ball in the penalty area is no longer a red card offence in that situation.
The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:29 - Mar 6 with 2367 viewsGarv

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 08:32 - Mar 6 by redrickstuhaart

You know what will happen. They will introduce it one season, and then about 5 games in it will be forgotten again.

In fairness clear time wasting* has been clamped right down on this season, so it shouldn't be too difficult as long as referees don't take any nonsense.

*things like kicking the ball away or holding onto it. Taking a long time over goal kicks etc is more difficult to police.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The kerfuffle when the penalty was awarded…. on 09:30 - Mar 6 with 2364 viewslazyblue

It’s ridiculous, it’s childish school playground behaviour and fed up with it in modern football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024