Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There will be plenty vying for it this season. 06:50 - Mar 6 with 1224 viewshomer_123

But I think a genuine case can be made for Wells's shot hitting the angle as pivotal.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 07:10 - Mar 6 with 1105 viewsLamp

I think fans of other teams might agree with that statement.

The more I think about it though the more I think this team would have taken it in their stride and still won.
There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 08:35 - Mar 6 with 876 viewsbritbiker

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 07:10 - Mar 6 by Lamp

I think fans of other teams might agree with that statement.

The more I think about it though the more I think this team would have taken it in their stride and still won.

I know Nodge fans are whining about it, however they have overlooked us hitting the woodwork twice and missing the penalty.

We keep rolling on despite not playing at out best.
There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 08:39 - Mar 6 with 848 viewsBlueRaider

I said to mate that that was the turning point just as it happened

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 08:57 - Mar 6 with 785 viewsRobTheMonk

First game of the season - Hladky's double save against Sunderland in the dying moments of the game. The first save was ridiculous.

Set the scene for the rest of the season (fantastic moments).
[Post edited 6 Mar 8:57]
If they're saying them hitting the woodwork is lucky (for Town) on 08:59 - Mar 6 with 773 viewsDyland

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 08:35 - Mar 6 by britbiker

I know Nodge fans are whining about it, however they have overlooked us hitting the woodwork twice and missing the penalty.

They are also overlooking the first goal which was... and some Leicester fans need to pay attention here... a massive deflection.

It's absolutely brilliant all these know-nothing twonks saying we're lucky. And for balance it should be noted they are in a minority, with even green and yellow dipped pundits commenting that if you keep attacking you put the oppo under immense pressure and that helps you win games from losing positions. However well you've been playing up to that point.

You make your own luck, and the stats don't lie. The notion we are where we are through luck is hilarious and if it gets under the skin of the oppo then all the better. That's right, you can't beat us even if you are better because we are lucky, arf!

Also, we have actual sorcerers' tools. As Kenners said, the reason five foot five Chappers scores from headers is because we have a magic invisibility switch. That can be the only reason, arf.

COYFB!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 09:11 - Mar 6 with 685 viewsDarkBrandon

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 08:57 - Mar 6 by RobTheMonk

First game of the season - Hladky's double save against Sunderland in the dying moments of the game. The first save was ridiculous.

Set the scene for the rest of the season (fantastic moments).
[Post edited 6 Mar 8:57]

I’ve long thought that that first game of the season was absolutely pivotal.

A tough game against a big club at an imposing ground. On the telly too iirc.

We played well, but didn’t dominate like we did in League One (obviously) and came out on top in a very close game. Could have drawn. Could have lost.

But we set the tone and got off to a great start. Somehow it is never mentioned in the defining moments of our season discussions
There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 09:18 - Mar 6 with 619 views_clive_baker_

Pivotal last night for sure, I don't think we come back from 0-2 if that goes in. Having said that we've come back from 2-0 down already this season to win 3-2 (Cardiff) and also away at Brum to draw, so it's possible.

Fine lines though isn't it, had Chaplin converted that chance in the 1st half (difficult angle to be fair) the game could've been very different. Their opener had a big slice of fortune about it too, as did our winner.

All ifs, buts and maybe's isn't it. The league table doesn't tend to lie come the end of the season.
There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 09:18 - Mar 6 with 619 viewsGavTWTD

I think teams scoring against us are turning points. If teams want to take points off us, I recommend they don't score, it'll only end up badly for them.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 09:19 - Mar 6 with 607 viewsNthQldITFC

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 08:35 - Mar 6 by britbiker

I love it when your rivals are constantly banging on about your luck - it's a sign that they know you're flying and they're a broken wreck of a club, clinging to the hope of the play-offs, but knowing they're nowhere near good enough and they're set to sink next year after selling off their unproven 'assets' for a lot less than they expect to keep the gin shelf full.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 09:21 - Mar 6 with 589 views_clive_baker_

There will be plenty vying for it this season. on 09:19 - Mar 6 by NthQldITFC

I love it when your rivals are constantly banging on about your luck - it's a sign that they know you're flying and they're a broken wreck of a club, clinging to the hope of the play-offs, but knowing they're nowhere near good enough and they're set to sink next year after selling off their unproven 'assets' for a lot less than they expect to keep the gin shelf full.

I reckon they're right. Just lucky that we're 23 points ahead of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024