Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating 23:26 - Mar 5 with 2098 viewsDubtractor

We had a ref on Saturday who was giving free kicks for the slightest of contacts, but then tonight's joker seemed determined to allow almost everything to go. Not seen a replay, but looked a clear foul on Omari leading up to their opener.

Must be so hard for players to work out what the line is from game to game.

Edit: Just seen a replay and not really a clear foul on Omari for their goal, though Saturday's ref would have given it!
[Post edited 5 Mar 23:35]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 23:27 - Mar 5 with 2064 viewsKieran_Knows

It’s something about short refs down at Portman Road.

We always get lumbered with them, they’re all sh!te and they all have massive inferior complexes due to their heights.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 23:28 - Mar 5 with 2048 viewsDarkBrandon

It looked a clear foul on tv.

I much prefer refs who let a lot go and allow the game to flow. You risk things getting overheated, but if the players are sensible you can get fantastic end-to-end football
Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 23:29 - Mar 5 with 2022 viewspointofblue

I prefer refs who let the play on... what irritated me is, midway through the second half, he suddenly seemed to blow up for fouls against us which he let Bristol get away with. Be fair with both sides.

I also thought he missed a second penalty, when Sarmiento was challenged inside the box at 3-2.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 23:32 - Mar 5 with 1990 viewsIllinoisblue

This one was weird as he let almost everything go and didn’t want to whistle at all - but then the last 15 he was blowing for any challenge

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 23:39 - Mar 5 with 1881 viewsTrequartista

It's almost like two different sports isn't it. But I thought once this referee set the pattern of not giving soft fouls, you have to play the hand you're given, and it took us awhile to grasp that. Then of course he starts giving a few towards the end.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 00:51 - Mar 6 with 1691 viewsGarv

We were a bit naive at times expecting fouls when he was clearly going to let a lot go. But he then bizarrely started giving some unbelievably soft ones against us late on, notably against 5"5 Chaplin for trying to win a header and then AAH for intercepting a pass and putting it out for a regulation throw in.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 01:13 - Mar 6 with 1662 viewsChurchman

The ref was rubbish and the Lino on the Pioneer/West stand side seemed struggle with the rules too.
Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 01:19 - Mar 6 with 1653 viewscbower

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 23:29 - Mar 5 by pointofblue

I prefer refs who let the play on... what irritated me is, midway through the second half, he suddenly seemed to blow up for fouls against us which he let Bristol get away with. Be fair with both sides.

I also thought he missed a second penalty, when Sarmiento was challenged inside the box at 3-2.

The Sarmiento one looked stonewall to me and he didn’t give it because he'd already given one.....maybe?
Omari went down way too easy for me and was looking for the foul.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 06:56 - Mar 6 with 1450 viewsBloomBlue

I didn't mind the ref last night, he let physical challenges in a physical sport go. I much prefer that than refs who blow for every gentle touch on another player.

He did suddenly change his approach with about 15 mins to go.

On the subject of challenges, Morsy's challenge on Williams in the first half which upset Williams- anyone get a close view of that?
Looked OK to me but my mate who sits in the lower tier said when it happened he thought, f'ck that's a red for Morsy. He said he was shocked and delighted he didn't even get a yellow
Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 07:38 - Mar 6 with 1277 viewsBlueBoots

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 06:56 - Mar 6 by BloomBlue

I didn't mind the ref last night, he let physical challenges in a physical sport go. I much prefer that than refs who blow for every gentle touch on another player.

On the subject of challenges, Morsy's challenge on Williams in the first half which upset Williams- anyone get a close view of that?
Looked OK to me but my mate who sits in the lower tier said when it happened he thought, f'ck that's a red for Morsy. He said he was shocked and delighted he didn't even get a yellow

On TV, the challenge on Williams looked liked Samy went to block the ball (with studs up, which is why they were upset) but was late to it; think what saved him was that there was more movement from Williams sliding towards his boot.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 08:08 - Mar 6 with 1178 viewsredrickstuhaart

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 07:38 - Mar 6 by BlueBoots

On TV, the challenge on Williams looked liked Samy went to block the ball (with studs up, which is why they were upset) but was late to it; think what saved him was that there was more movement from Williams sliding towards his boot.

The boot was a matter of three or four inches off the ground, mid stride, facing a two footed high speed lunge. Not sure where else it could have been, whilst running.
Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 08:22 - Mar 6 with 1134 viewsDurovigutum

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 06:56 - Mar 6 by BloomBlue

I agree. This is how I prefer to referee games. Last 15 he changed because the players started to get angsty.

As to why isn’t there consistency between referees? The stupid but correct answer is they are different people, and the laws of the game are open to so much interpretation. It’s really interesting when we do a ref training session and a clip is played that can split the room - red card or goal kick.
Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 08:28 - Mar 6 with 1100 viewsSteve_M

I don't think there was enough in the one on Omari for us to be aggrieved. It was the consistent pushes, notably on Davis but there was one on Chaplin right in front of the the ref, that really grated.

Bizarrely Bristol City players then spent far too long disputing a very obvious foul from the free kick Chaplin scored from. Seemed quite careless from them really.

Don't think Sky showed the challenge on Sarmiento on the edge of the area again, probably outside but looked a blatant foul.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 08:30 - Mar 6 with 1089 views3_5_2

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 01:13 - Mar 6 by Churchman

The ref was rubbish and the Lino on the Pioneer/West stand side seemed struggle with the rules too.

The standard of refs in this league is dreadful, no better than L1 in my opinion and last nights was one of the worst yet which is saying something

Agree re the lino on the Pioneer side, he missed things that were 5 yards away

As for the constant time wasting........ The first time it happens, a word, 2nd time book them and it will stop Took him about 75 minutes to speak to anyone about it
(Proven by the speed at which the gk was taking kicks after scored!)

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 08:48 - Mar 6 with 1053 viewsHerbivore

Just watched the highlights and looks a pretty clear nudge in the back on Omari, I think that gets given far more often than not. He let far more blatant stuff than that go though. I get the argument that it's a physical game and we don't want refs blowing for every bit of contact but there has to be a middle ground between giving everything and giving nothing at all. Biggest problem for me was that he just didn't have any control of the game at all, never really got a handle on their time wasting or stealing 10 yards every throw in, let them spend ten minutes debating with him about the rare decisions he did give our way. It was a really weak showing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 08:52 - Mar 6 with 1023 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 23:28 - Mar 5 by DarkBrandon

It looked a clear foul on tv.

I much prefer refs who let a lot go and allow the game to flow. You risk things getting overheated, but if the players are sensible you can get fantastic end-to-end football

I agree with you on letting the game flow, but the Ref last night was ridiculous.

He let 2 really clear and obvious handballs go in the first half. For the 2nd one, the Bristol player effectively batted it away with his hand.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 09:33 - Mar 6 with 934 viewspointofblue

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 08:52 - Mar 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

I agree with you on letting the game flow, but the Ref last night was ridiculous.

He let 2 really clear and obvious handballs go in the first half. For the 2nd one, the Bristol player effectively batted it away with his hand.

You may be thinking of another occasion, but I thought the batted one was just after the second half kicked off? That one ridiculous - no idea how he missed that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 09:52 - Mar 6 with 897 viewsITFCson

I am surprised he let the late tackle by Taylor that set up Burns to blaze over go, yes it was a great old school tackle but most refs give a foul there and even a yellow for excessive force
Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 09:56 - Mar 6 with 874 viewsHerbivore

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 09:33 - Mar 6 by pointofblue

You may be thinking of another occasion, but I thought the batted one was just after the second half kicked off? That one ridiculous - no idea how he missed that.

Yes, was just after half time and was basically like a volleyball shot and he somehow failed to give it. Too many times as well he seemed to play advantage and then when there was no advantage he didn't pull it back. Just a really poor ref.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 09:59 - Mar 6 with 849 viewsVaughan8

I did post the other day, I find we seem to be a bit slow in calibrating the ref and what he gives and doesn't give.

I cannot believe with all the stats and analysers, we don't do a bit of digging up on the ref before hand. I would imagine they are consistent for themselves.
[Post edited 6 Mar 10:00]
Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 10:01 - Mar 6 with 819 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Inconsistency of refs is so frustrating on 09:52 - Mar 6 by ITFCson

I am surprised he let the late tackle by Taylor that set up Burns to blaze over go, yes it was a great old school tackle but most refs give a foul there and even a yellow for excessive force

He probably didn't give it because it wasn't late.
Its a bit like the Bristol fans bleating that Morsy should have been sent off, ignoring completely that their player went in two footed on Morsy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024