Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Playoff tickets 19:57 - Mar 4 with 2500 viewsChrisAllen7

Hi everybody,

I really don't like talking ahead of myself but as we are almost guaranteed playoffs now I'd really appreciate any knowledge or advice on tickets.

I am a Super blues member and live in Sweden. I've managed to get back for 7 matches this season and hopefully end the season on 8 or 9.

My question is do you think there will be a certain amount of tickets purchased to qualify for buying both Semi final and Final tickets?

I had this problem with the Norwich game as you needed to have purchased at least 3 tickets to be able to purchase a ticket for that game.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. In an ideal world I'd get back for more games but match day tickets for me and my son on top of flights are costing us 200-400 quid a pop.

Thanks all
[Post edited 4 Mar 20:05]
Potential Playoff tickets on 20:09 - Mar 4 with 2386 viewsWestSussexBlue

No need to be concerned about play off tickets 😉
Potential Playoff tickets on 20:13 - Mar 4 with 2354 viewsgainsboroughblue

Off topic, well sort of, how many did we have in 2000?

Edit. Wembley I mean.
[Post edited 4 Mar 20:19]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:16 - Mar 4 with 2334 viewsMullet

For the final I'd imagine you'd be fairly safe with any sort of purchase history. Semis, you might make the home one with that many tickets if they're all home ones. Can't imagine an away game would go that low.

Nightmare scenario would be Leeds. The away leg will cost more than the final!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:17 - Mar 4 with 2332 viewsbluelagos

Home playoff, sure club will have a similar points priority as per Naardge match. You number sounds borderline, so will have to see.

Away leg...u have no chance.

Wembley, pretty sure youd be good. We would get 40k tickets so i reckon all members would be fine.

Those are my best guesses, no inside info.

Edit. 36200-36400 was the allocation for last year. Seems a bit low but it is what it is.
[Post edited 4 Mar 21:16]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:20 - Mar 4 with 2300 viewsIllinoisblue

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:13 - Mar 4 by gainsboroughblue

Edit. Wembley I mean.

Was it roughly 34,000?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:23 - Mar 4 with 2261 viewsgainsboroughblue

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:20 - Mar 4 by Illinoisblue

Was it roughly 34,000?

I had between 30-35 in my head. Don't recall there being much of a struggle to get one. Not that I did, a mate queued for me.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Potential Playoff tickets on 21:08 - Mar 4 with 2076 viewsIllinoisblue

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:23 - Mar 4 by gainsboroughblue

I had between 30-35 in my head. Don't recall there being much of a struggle to get one. Not that I did, a mate queued for me.

Had a ST at the time, recall a long queue on a Sunday morning snaking around the ground and then into Churchmans. Did that and went straight to the station to get train tickets.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Potential Playoff tickets on 21:16 - Mar 4 with 2030 viewsBluemer

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:23 - Mar 4 by gainsboroughblue

I think pretty much everybody who really wanted a ticket got one. Was actually surprised to see that the crowd was only 73 thousand, was that the capacity at that time?, assume we sold out and Barnsley didn't ?
Login to get fewer ads

Potential Playoff tickets on 21:20 - Mar 4 with 1987 viewsITFC_Forever

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:13 - Mar 4 by gainsboroughblue

Edit. Wembley I mean.

I think we sold 38k.

Went on sale to ST holders with x number of away ticket stubs, then ST holders etc, but pretty much everyone got one who wanted one.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Potential Playoff tickets on 21:23 - Mar 4 with 1973 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Potential Playoff tickets on 21:16 - Mar 4 by Bluemer

I think pretty much everybody who really wanted a ticket got one. Was actually surprised to see that the crowd was only 73 thousand, was that the capacity at that time?, assume we sold out and Barnsley didn't ?

It was Old Wembley so the capacity was lower. I don’t think Barnsley sold all their tickets either

Poll: Our final position

Potential Playoff tickets on 08:18 - Mar 5 with 1733 viewsnodge_blue

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:16 - Mar 4 by Mullet

For the final I'd imagine you'd be fairly safe with any sort of purchase history. Semis, you might make the home one with that many tickets if they're all home ones. Can't imagine an away game would go that low.

Can’t see a scenario where we could end up playing Leeds. One of us would have to finish 5th or 6th.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Potential Playoff tickets on 08:44 - Mar 5 with 1683 viewsBobbychase

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:20 - Mar 4 by Illinoisblue

Was it roughly 34,000?

It was roughly 38,000

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Potential Playoff tickets on 08:50 - Mar 5 with 1662 viewsKeno

why do you want to watch Leicester, West Brom, Southamopton & Hull at the end of the season?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Potential Playoff tickets on 09:31 - Mar 5 with 1614 viewsCobboldCrusty

Potential Playoff tickets on 20:16 - Mar 4 by Mullet

no way we'll be facing Leeds in semi-final - West Brom would have to make their way to third for that to happen
Potential Playoff tickets on 10:18 - Mar 5 with 1550 viewsRadlett_blue

Potential Playoff tickets on 21:23 - Mar 4 by southnorfolkblue

It was Old Wembley so the capacity was lower. I don’t think Barnsley sold all their tickets either

while the new Wembley has 90,000 seats, 15,000 of those were allocated to "Club Wembley", leaving 75,000 for the 2 finalists. I think Club Wembley may have been downsized to 10,000.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Potential Playoff tickets on 10:22 - Mar 5 with 1523 viewsEdmundo

Unless we end up against Dirty Leeds, I can see us getting 50%, so at least 35-37k tickets. Given we sell.out 26k every home game, I can see a limit of 2 per person applying to ST and Members, then it's a bullfight.

No negative talk though: 2nd is ours!!

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Potential Playoff tickets on 12:59 - Mar 5 with 1377 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Potential Playoff tickets on 10:22 - Mar 5 by Edmundo

Unless we end up against Dirty Leeds, I can see us getting 50%, so at least 35-37k tickets. Given we sell.out 26k every home game, I can see a limit of 2 per person applying to ST and Members, then it's a bullfight.

No negative talk though: 2nd is ours!!

We have 20k season ticket holders and a good 2-3k members so no chance it would be two per person unfortunately
Potential Playoff tickets on 13:08 - Mar 5 with 1346 viewsVaughan8

I can't imagine many people without a season ticket would have gone to more than 8 or 9 to be honest with you.
[Post edited 5 Mar 13:08]
Potential Playoff tickets on 13:30 - Mar 5 with 1253 viewsJ2BLUE

7 matches from Sweden is a cracking effort.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Potential Playoff tickets on 14:10 - Mar 5 with 1174 viewsVegtablue

I'd seriously question what we're doing if you don't receive a good opportunity to buy home tickets Chris. Long gone are the days when ST holders deserved a badge of honour. It's a privilege now; I work with two who were waiting for payday and missed out. I'm sure they were far from alone in doing so and it could be a closed shop for several seasons to come. Plus-ones for our personal entertainment couldn't possibly be the order of the day.

3 home league purchases from the start of 22/23 was the restriction for Norwich (3 out of 31 league games). I'm told this was to stop their fans exploiting the system (perhaps made-up, but plausible). Surely oppo fans haven't forked out on a membership and 5+ home games in case they match with us (alongside all the other potential opponents they'll need to have done this with!)? 1K tickets went unsold in the 1st priority window for the derby. Between Swansea and the playoffs we'll have had 15 home games. I'll be flabbergasted if they increase requirements from a rate of 1 league game in 10 pre-Norwich to 1 in 3 or 1 in 2 post-Norwich.

Final: Coventry, Luton, Hudders and Forest were allocated 36K each, as already mentioned. No reason to suspect this year's finalists will receive less and I'll eat someone's hat if you're not in the 35K most regular attendees.

Rooting for you!
Potential Playoff tickets on 17:42 - Mar 5 with 956 viewsChrisAllen7

Potential Playoff tickets on 13:30 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

7 matches from Sweden is a cracking effort.

Thanks mate, appreciate it 💪
Potential Playoff tickets on 17:43 - Mar 5 with 953 viewsChrisAllen7

Potential Playoff tickets on 14:10 - Mar 5 by Vegtablue

I'd seriously question what we're doing if you don't receive a good opportunity to buy home tickets Chris. Long gone are the days when ST holders deserved a badge of honour. It's a privilege now; I work with two who were waiting for payday and missed out. I'm sure they were far from alone in doing so and it could be a closed shop for several seasons to come. Plus-ones for our personal entertainment couldn't possibly be the order of the day.

3 home league purchases from the start of 22/23 was the restriction for Norwich (3 out of 31 league games). I'm told this was to stop their fans exploiting the system (perhaps made-up, but plausible). Surely oppo fans haven't forked out on a membership and 5+ home games in case they match with us (alongside all the other potential opponents they'll need to have done this with!)? 1K tickets went unsold in the 1st priority window for the derby. Between Swansea and the playoffs we'll have had 15 home games. I'll be flabbergasted if they increase requirements from a rate of 1 league game in 10 pre-Norwich to 1 in 3 or 1 in 2 post-Norwich.

Final: Coventry, Luton, Hudders and Forest were allocated 36K each, as already mentioned. No reason to suspect this year's finalists will receive less and I'll eat someone's hat if you're not in the 35K most regular attendees.

Rooting for you!

Thanks for the information. 🙌
Potential Playoff tickets on 18:34 - Mar 5 with 878 viewsMullet

Potential Playoff tickets on 09:31 - Mar 5 by CobboldCrusty

no way we'll be facing Leeds in semi-final - West Brom would have to make their way to third for that to happen

It was more a dig at them being rip off bastard scum.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Potential Playoff tickets on 18:59 - Mar 5 with 826 viewsnoggin

Potential Playoff tickets on 21:16 - Mar 4 by Bluemer

Yep, my nephew and I had to buy Barnsley tickets. We then got thrown out after celebrating our equaliser. Luckily we were able to bribe a steward to let us in with the Town fans. Best £20 I ever spent and probably the easiest he ever earned.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024