Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? 05:49 - Feb 29 with 3479 viewsibbleobble

With rumours circulating on Davis, my immediate reaction is that hardly any players who have left us to join prem teams have done that well - success being subjective.

Who has been the most successful? Mings? Cressswell? Dyer? Lots have never achieved their full potential and plenty probably shouldn’t have been signed but who has done well irrespective of financial gain?
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:32 - Feb 29 with 2401 viewsTownieRob

I've always felt that Dyer didn't quite fulfill his potential in the Prem League, mostly due to unfortunate injuries. He was undeniably one of the most talented players we've seen come through, and I expected him to be a mainstay in a top four club and the England team for years.

Interestingly, one could argue that Cresswell has made the biggest impact in the Premier League. He's amassed significant appearances for West Ham and has represented England since his departure from us.

For what it's worth, I believe LD has even more potential than AC, and I have little doubt he'll play for England.
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:32 - Feb 29 with 2401 viewsEddyJ

Mings, Cresswell, Dyer and Bent all had good prem careers and got themselves to the fringes of the England team.

Ambrose had a solid career.

Wickham had a couple of golden moments, but never really lived up to potential.
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:34 - Feb 29 with 2395 viewsMattinLondon

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:32 - Feb 29 by TownieRob

I've always felt that Dyer didn't quite fulfill his potential in the Prem League, mostly due to unfortunate injuries. He was undeniably one of the most talented players we've seen come through, and I expected him to be a mainstay in a top four club and the England team for years.

Interestingly, one could argue that Cresswell has made the biggest impact in the Premier League. He's amassed significant appearances for West Ham and has represented England since his departure from us.

For what it's worth, I believe LD has even more potential than AC, and I have little doubt he'll play for England.

I’m convinced that if it wasn’t for injury, Kieron Dyer would have won 100 plus caps for England.
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:41 - Feb 29 with 2346 viewsCrawfordsboot

Johnny Wark!
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:54 - Feb 29 with 2293 viewsArnieM

John Wark to Liverpool

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:58 - Feb 29 with 2274 viewsPerublue

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:54 - Feb 29 by ArnieM

John Wark to Liverpool

I'm not sure he transferred from us to the Prem as it didn't exist and we were in the same division anyway,

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:04 - Feb 29 with 2242 viewsbluefunk

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:32 - Feb 29 by TownieRob

If we’re just looking at Premier League transfers then Matt Holland must be in the conversation,
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:07 - Feb 29 with 2228 viewscbower

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:32 - Feb 29 by EddyJ

Mings, Cresswell, Dyer and Bent all had good prem careers and got themselves to the fringes of the England team.

Ambrose had a solid career.

Wickham had a couple of golden moments, but never really lived up to potential.

In terms of longevity in the Premier League, surely Titus Bramble has to be worth a mention? You could argue he went from ITFC in the Premier to Newcastle but we had been relegated. 2 seasons in Premier with Town and a further 11 with Newcastle, Sunderland and Wigan. Not a bad career even though his cock ups were often highlighted by the media more than those of others.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:08 - Feb 29 with 2223 viewsCoastalblue

McAuley did pretty well especially considering the number of people here who wanted him gone.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:10 - Feb 29 with 2217 viewsPerublue

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:07 - Feb 29 by cbower

In terms of longevity in the Premier League, surely Titus Bramble has to be worth a mention? You could argue he went from ITFC in the Premier to Newcastle but we had been relegated. 2 seasons in Premier with Town and a further 11 with Newcastle, Sunderland and Wigan. Not a bad career even though his cock ups were often highlighted by the media more than those of others.

Deal of the century too ..how much did we get for him 6 .. 8 mill ?

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:30 - Feb 29 with 2120 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Darren Bent must be up there

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:30 - Feb 29 with 2116 viewsTownieRob

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:34 - Feb 29 by MattinLondon

I’m convinced that if it wasn’t for injury, Kieron Dyer would have won 100 plus caps for England.

I totally agree. Could cover a number of positions really well. When he was on song though, what a player!
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:37 - Feb 29 with 2093 viewsiamatractorboy

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:34 - Feb 29 by MattinLondon

Kieron was so unlucky with injuries and still managed over 30 England caps. When in full flow he was such an exciting player, and I don't think a lot of general football fans appreciated how good he could have been.
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:41 - Feb 29 with 2066 viewsHerbivore

Dyer for me. He didn't maximise his potential because of injuries but still played regularly for a top Prem side and racked up a good number of England caps. Cresswell has had a very solid Prem career without massively hitting the heights in the same way as Dyer or even Mings or Bent, but his longevity is impressive at that level.
[Post edited 29 Feb 8:48]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:46 - Feb 29 with 2049 viewsibbleobble

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:04 - Feb 29 by bluefunk

If we’re just looking at Premier League transfers then Matt Holland must be in the conversation,

Great shout. He became one of their longest serving players and had them on the cusp of Europe. Already an established International by then but definitely in the mix.
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:53 - Feb 29 with 1976 viewsiamatractorboy

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:46 - Feb 29 by ibbleobble

Great shout. He became one of their longest serving players and had them on the cusp of Europe. Already an established International by then but definitely in the mix.

Definition of a model pro wasn't he. Mr Reliable, hardly ever unavailable for selection and made the absolute most of his talent (which was obviously of a good level anyway). All round bl00dy good player.
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:54 - Feb 29 with 1966 viewschicoazul

Definitely Titus.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:59 - Feb 29 with 1945 viewsHerbivore

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:54 - Feb 29 by chicoazul

Definitely Titus.

Lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 09:02 - Feb 29 with 1918 viewskeighleyblue

Mauricio
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 09:02 - Feb 29 with 1924 viewsitfcjoe

1. Bent
2. Dyer
3. Cresswell
4. Walters

All did excellently at the clubs they went to and progressed their careers either by staying there and growing, or getting a good move off the back of it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Darren Bent, 106 Premier League goals…. on 09:03 - Feb 29 with 1905 viewsBloots

….more than Drogba, more than Ronaldo.

Question answered.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 09:11 - Feb 29 with 1861 viewsBlueBadger

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 09:02 - Feb 29 by itfcjoe

1. Bent
2. Dyer
3. Cresswell
4. Walters

All did excellently at the clubs they went to and progressed their careers either by staying there and growing, or getting a good move off the back of it

Shout out here for the under-the-radar Matt Holland who played a large part in keeping Charlton punching above their weight and established himself as an international footballer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 09:15 - Feb 29 with 1841 viewsArnieM

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 07:58 - Feb 29 by Perublue

I'm not sure he transferred from us to the Prem as it didn't exist and we were in the same division anyway,

I wasnt sure if it was PL or old First Div tbh...but you're probably right. But he did do very well there

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 09:18 - Feb 29 with 1824 viewsChurchman

My immediate thought was Cresswell. Seamlessly fitted in to the PL and a could have played for just about any Premier League side and fitted in. Terrific player who could probably have done better than West Ham.

While I stick by my vote, an honourable mention to Damien Delaney. When he played for us I thought he was a liability and carried by his defensive partner. League One at best. Poor.

Shows what I know. Went on to have six good years in the Premier League and a great career with Crystal Palace. Astonished me but good for him!
Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 09:26 - Feb 29 with 1779 viewschicoazul

Which player had the most successful transfer to the prem? on 08:59 - Feb 29 by Herbivore

Lolz.

I’ve never understood this reaction. Titus played for years exclusively in the Prem, he was hardly ever injured and hardly ever dropped. That’s success. Im not saying he was a better player than Kieron who to my mind is the best player we have ever produced.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024