Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth loving us 18:42 - Feb 28 with 12666 viewslizzibee

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/argyle-v-ipswich-town-the-build-up.127208/page-2

Good to see last season has carried on and the love for us, particularly Morsy and Mass, remains.

Desperately want three points to remind them that they may have won the title but we are the better team . A Morsy goal would be the icing on the cake
Plymouth loving us on 18:46 - Feb 28 with 6760 viewsJ2BLUE

I read five posts before realising they haven't got a clue.

To be fair it's the same with most fan sites including this one. It simply isn't possible to have in depth knowledge on every other team in the division so people take one game or a few highlights and just assume every game is like that.

The outright thuggery post about Morsy and Luongo is laughable.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Plymouth loving us on 18:53 - Feb 28 with 6669 viewsSheffordBlue

Plymouth loving us on 18:46 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

I read five posts before realising they haven't got a clue.

To be fair it's the same with most fan sites including this one. It simply isn't possible to have in depth knowledge on every other team in the division so people take one game or a few highlights and just assume every game is like that.

The outright thuggery post about Morsy and Luongo is laughable.

Heroic, battling but fair CM Darko Gyabi - 2.21 fouls per 90

Thugish, cheating CM Sam Morsy - 1.92 fouls per 90

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Plymouth loving us on 18:58 - Feb 28 with 6544 viewsHerbivore

What's a plymouth?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Plymouth loving us on 18:58 - Feb 28 with 6600 viewsIllinoisblue

This might be the most amazingly wrong take in the history of the internet.

“McKenna is clearly a good coach. I think he's tried to instill a sort of Manchester United mid to late 90s arrogance about his side, with the result being that arrogance spilling over into outright thuggery by a number of their players when things aren't going their way (Morsy on Randall in lg.1, Luongo raking his studs down Whitaker's calf earlier this season when, but for a notoriously weak ref, we'd have beaten them).”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Plymouth loving us on 19:02 - Feb 28 with 6543 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Plymouth loving us on 18:58 - Feb 28 by Illinoisblue

“McKenna is clearly a good coach. I think he's tried to instill a sort of Manchester United mid to late 90s arrogance about his side, with the result being that arrogance spilling over into outright thuggery by a number of their players when things aren't going their way (Morsy on Randall in lg.1, Luongo raking his studs down Whitaker's calf earlier this season when, but for a notoriously weak ref, we'd have beaten them).”

I actually was going to post that same quote, I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

A work of fiction that Tolkien would have been proud of - lovely stuff.
Plymouth loving us on 19:04 - Feb 28 with 6503 viewsKeno

Eh?

Strengths
Attacking down the wings.

Style of play
Attack through the middle.

so our style is to attack through the middle but our strength is attacking down the wings

Ipswich tactical analysis Whoscored.com
Strengths
Attacking down the wings.
Creating long shot opportunities.
Coming back from losing positions.
Creating scoring chances.
Creating chances using through balls.
Finishing scoring chances.
Attacking set pieces.
Aerial duels.
Weaknesses
Defending against long shots.
Style of play
Attack through the middle.
Attempt through balls often.
Take a lot of shots.
Aggressive.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Plymouth loving us on 19:07 - Feb 28 with 6433 viewsIllinoisblue

Plymouth loving us on 19:02 - Feb 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I actually was going to post that same quote, I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

A work of fiction that Tolkien would have been proud of - lovely stuff.

As with J2, I had to stop reading after that. Beyond laughable.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Plymouth loving us on 19:07 - Feb 28 with 6436 viewsLankHenners

They exposed themselves as a bunch of weirdos with massive chips on their shoulders last season and it seems nothing's changed since.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth loving us on 19:12 - Feb 28 with 6372 viewsSitfcB

‘Hoping we can deal with Kieffer Moore. One of the Ipswich strengths is aerial duels and it isn't one of our strong points’

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Plymouth loving us on 19:14 - Feb 28 with 6338 viewsSitfcB

Plymouth loving us on 19:12 - Feb 28 by SitfcB

‘Hoping we can deal with Kieffer Moore. One of the Ipswich strengths is aerial duels and it isn't one of our strong points’

‘ Maybe we should have the League 1 trophy pitch side, just to remind them as they run out’

Bloody hell, I was over them winning the league before they even did win the league

*cries in 3rd place in the Championship*

COYB

Plymouth loving us on 19:16 - Feb 28 with 6307 viewsMattinLondon

I do think that they overestimate how not winning L1 annoys us. Yes, it would have been nice but I do think that the main concern was to rid ourselves of that god forsaken league.
Plymouth loving us on 19:17 - Feb 28 with 6271 viewsSitfcB

We are the least arrogant team out there ffs!

I like how they think they can ruffle Sam Morsy up

COYB

Plymouth loving us on 19:19 - Feb 28 with 6228 viewsFtnfwest

Plymouth loving us on 19:16 - Feb 28 by MattinLondon

I do think that they overestimate how not winning L1 annoys us. Yes, it would have been nice but I do think that the main concern was to rid ourselves of that god forsaken league.

The last day disappointment for me was missing out on the 100 points tbh
Plymouth loving us on 19:29 - Feb 28 with 6084 viewsSchmoke

They're back to being what they always have been, and always will be, completely and utterly irrelevant to us.

If they want a one way, Colchester style, rivalry let them have it.

The fact that the League One title is the very pinnacle of their achievements (I'm assuming it is given how often they go on about it) only goes to prove my opening point.

The very very height of their existence represents the end of our lowest ever period.

Also, I hope Morsy properly does one of them just so they ACTUALLY have a point because it's non existent at the moment.
Plymouth loving us on 19:32 - Feb 28 with 6026 viewsMattinLondon

Plymouth loving us on 19:19 - Feb 28 by Ftnfwest

The last day disappointment for me was missing out on the 100 points tbh

For me as well. I’m sure that the players would’ve loved to have won it but when we didn’t then it was just a ‘oh, never mind’ moment for me.
Plymouth loving us on 19:35 - Feb 28 with 5995 viewsTheBoyBlue

The whole L1 trophy thing is understandable on their part, but they seem to think we care. Promotion was the aim, didn't care how we did it.

Still, will be a really tough trip, our record there in recent years is pretty dreadful.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Plymouth loving us on 19:36 - Feb 28 with 5974 views_clive_baker_

‘Maybe we should have the League 1 trophy pitch side, just to remind them as they run out‘.

Hilarious. I think we’ll probably get over it mate. L1 is little more than a footnote in our history, whereas it’s up there with their finest achievements.
Plymouth loving us on 19:43 - Feb 28 with 5909 viewsgainsboroughblue

There seemed to be a lot of mutual respect at the start but they grated on me the longer last season went, almost to the point I wanted them to feck it all up. Unfortunately, my dislike of the other team in the top three got in the way.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Plymouth loving us on 19:48 - Feb 28 with 5855 viewsbournemouthblue

It's cute they think we are worried not to have lifted that League One title

I realise for them it's a big deal, they've never even played in the top division

Would they rather have the League One title or be competing for promotion to the league above?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Plymouth loving us on 19:48 - Feb 28 with 5848 viewsbluejacko

Well they really have a chip on both shoulders don’t they😂
Plymouth loving us on 19:55 - Feb 28 with 5786 viewsitfcserbia

Plymouth loving us on 18:58 - Feb 28 by Herbivore

What's a plymouth?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_(automobile)

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Plymouth loving us on 20:05 - Feb 28 with 5701 viewsMattinLondon

Plymouth loving us on 19:55 - Feb 28 by itfcserbia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_(automobile)

Also a type of gin.

Plymouth loving us on 20:11 - Feb 28 with 5651 viewsVegtablue

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/anyone-else-expecting-some-dangerous-challenges-fro

HA and one thread wasn't enough, deeper dive above! If Russian state media did football forums! It's too nutty to engage with really (but aha..)

Their Mickel Miller is on 9 yellows and averaging 1 every 143 minutes! Morsy would be up to 19 yellows by now if we combined his time on the field with Miller's "hit rate". Astonishing pace-setting, they must have the dirtiest player in the league. Mumba on 9 yellows too, it's giving me flashbacks of his leg-breaker on Jackson at HP last season. I'm concerned for the safety of our wide players with that level of thuggery on their flanks, but fear there's no respite in the middle if '8-yellow-cards-in-500-less-minutes-than-Luongo' Randell is on the field (or 'more-yellow-cards-per-minute-than-Morsy' Randell, as he's also known). Maybe we go long to Moore but what if red card Scarr plays (Scarr by name, scar by nature). Will Plymouth be looking to extend their gap in the Fair Play league table on Saturday? *gulp*

(While grounded in accurate stats, I would like to distance myself from the weird ramblings and sentiments expressed above)
Plymouth loving us on 20:37 - Feb 28 with 5437 viewsstrikalite

Plymouth loving us on 19:36 - Feb 28 by _clive_baker_

‘Maybe we should have the League 1 trophy pitch side, just to remind them as they run out‘.

Hilarious. I think we’ll probably get over it mate. L1 is little more than a footnote in our history, whereas it’s up there with their finest achievements.

Maybe we should have the FA Cup and Uefa Cup pitch side, just to remind them.
Plymouth loving us on 20:39 - Feb 28 with 5417 viewsHipsterectomy

I lol’d at the person saying we’re doing better than them this season “thus far”

We’re 32 ahead with 11/12 games left

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024