Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City up and coming 17:18 - Feb 25 with 8209 viewsJerseybean

Hello from a Bristol City fan

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.

Bristol City up and coming on 23:19 - Feb 27 with 528 viewsEuropablue

Liam Manning of course has his Ipswich connections.
He was my first choice to be our replacement manager the last time we had a vacancy, but as soon as I heard of Kieron Mckenna, he became my number one choice.
Looking at the next 5 matches, Bristol City looks like one I would most expect us to win, just because it is a home match and I think Manning likes to play football, so that would suit us. Also, Wednesday are a bit of a bogey club for us.
Bristol City up and coming on 23:30 - Feb 27 with 505 viewsEuropablue

Bristol City up and coming on 21:55 - Feb 27 by ford6600

Large cities say a tipping point of 1m can accommodate successful rival teams Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow and London a dozen or more but Leeds are more successful as a one team city and Sheffield can host two teams, conversely Essex 2m lacks a focal point team, if Chelmsford were backed big time they could attract support and go far up the league pyramid.

If I were rich I'd buy Chelmsford City and bankroll them up the league. I'm fine with Chelmsford being a satellite town for Ipswich. I just hate seeing West Ham shirts!
Bristol City up and coming on 23:43 - Feb 27 with 491 viewsbournemouthblue

Bristol City up and coming on 23:30 - Feb 27 by Europablue

If I were rich I'd buy Chelmsford City and bankroll them up the league. I'm fine with Chelmsford being a satellite town for Ipswich. I just hate seeing West Ham shirts!

It would be very Vladimir Putin to invest in clubs nearer to our rivals to undermine their satellite support

I always thought bank rolling Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Kings Lynn could do that to some extent around Norwich

Imagine it!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bristol City up and coming on 08:45 - Feb 28 with 399 viewsChurchman

The numbers of posts on OTIB seems to be diminishing. Had a little look and pages of ITFC/Ashton hate are up to 86 though and I’ve no doubt they’ll be resurrected over the next few days. My user name appears here and there in the thread, including recently. All rather rude, but I’ll try and live with the hurt.

The irony is that I’ve nothing against Bristol City. They’re just another club a long way away. What they do or don’t do is totally meaningless to me and I can’t imagine anything they might do generating 86 pages on TWTD, short of invading Russia. It’s very odd, but it’s their forum and up to them.

Now Bristol the city is a thoroughly recommended place. Lots to do and an interesting area. It also has one of the most important historical artefacts in the country. The SS Great Britain. IK Brunel’s masterpiece. The first transatlantic iron ship powered by screw propellor. Built in Bristol it’s a truly remarkable survivor. Nautical genesis.
Bristol City up and coming on 11:13 - Feb 28 with 346 viewsGeoffSentence

Bristol City up and coming on 08:45 - Feb 28 by Churchman

The numbers of posts on OTIB seems to be diminishing. Had a little look and pages of ITFC/Ashton hate are up to 86 though and I’ve no doubt they’ll be resurrected over the next few days. My user name appears here and there in the thread, including recently. All rather rude, but I’ll try and live with the hurt.

The irony is that I’ve nothing against Bristol City. They’re just another club a long way away. What they do or don’t do is totally meaningless to me and I can’t imagine anything they might do generating 86 pages on TWTD, short of invading Russia. It’s very odd, but it’s their forum and up to them.

Now Bristol the city is a thoroughly recommended place. Lots to do and an interesting area. It also has one of the most important historical artefacts in the country. The SS Great Britain. IK Brunel’s masterpiece. The first transatlantic iron ship powered by screw propellor. Built in Bristol it’s a truly remarkable survivor. Nautical genesis.

Never been to Bristol, would like to and it does have a good reputation as a nice place. Would also be good to see how far slave money goes.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024