Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City up and coming 17:18 - Feb 25 with 8045 viewsJerseybean

Hello from a Bristol City fan

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.

Our recent success.... on 17:21 - Feb 25 with 5335 viewsBloots

...is entirely down to Mark Ashton.

100%

Nobody else.

Just him.

#legend

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Our recent success.... on 17:23 - Feb 25 with 5307 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Our recent success.... on 17:21 - Feb 25 by Bloots

100%

Nobody else.

Just him.

#legend

He also bought every single one of us a puppy and single handedly brought down a gang of drug smugglers.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bristol City up and coming on 17:26 - Feb 25 with 5266 viewsgainsboroughblue

Had a glimpse at your forum. Can see one or two posts about getting shot of Manning? Is there a general consensus that he isn't up to the job? From the outside, it seems he's doing ok.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Our recent success.... on 17:55 - Feb 25 with 5067 viewsjontysnut

Our recent success.... on 17:23 - Feb 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

He also bought every single one of us a puppy and single handedly brought down a gang of drug smugglers.

He helped an old lady cross the road
Bristol City up and coming on 18:01 - Feb 25 with 5017 viewsMK1

If I'm being honest, not a club I have any knowledge of, but seem to be higher than they should be. Your lot League One and Rovers League Two seems about right to me. Always think of Plymouth being the biggest club down your way.
Our recent success.... on 18:01 - Feb 25 with 5001 viewscatch74

Our recent success.... on 17:55 - Feb 25 by jontysnut

He helped an old lady cross the road

He helped me with my egress.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Our recent success.... on 18:04 - Feb 25 with 4970 viewsMK1

Our recent success.... on 17:21 - Feb 25 by Bloots

100%

Nobody else.

Just him.

#legend

Don't think they will post that. They should, but they won't.
Our recent success.... on 18:17 - Feb 25 with 4883 viewsTheBoyBlue

Our recent success.... on 18:01 - Feb 25 by catch74

He helped me with my egress.

Sorted our leaking toilet. Top guy.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City up and coming on 18:18 - Feb 25 with 4889 viewsSoroche

Bristol: very pleasant city. Metro population 714 000 2 teams.
Ipswich population 151 000 1 team.

Statistics can be used in many ways, but Ipswich Town FC phenomenally well supported.

Maidstone 176,000. By that metric the town should support a team of similar aspirations as Ipswich.
Bristol City up and coming on 18:41 - Feb 25 with 4719 viewsMK1

Bristol City up and coming on 18:18 - Feb 25 by Soroche

Statistics can be used in many ways, but Ipswich Town FC phenomenally well supported.

Maidstone 176,000. By that metric the town should support a team of similar aspirations as Ipswich.

I only think of tractor driving carrot crunchers in the SW.
Bristol City up and coming on 19:07 - Feb 25 with 4587 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

There are two teams in Bristol,so,I'll play no part in this. Good day to you.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Bristol City up and coming on 19:51 - Feb 25 with 4357 viewsFoD_Blue

Bristol City up and coming on 19:07 - Feb 25 by WestStanderLaLaLa

There are two teams in Bristol,so,I'll play no part in this. Good day to you.

As an Ipswich fan living in the SW and working in Bristol, I concur.

I also find the opinions of the blue side of Bristol to be a lot more balanced and sensible than those on the red side of the city. The hatred for Mark Ashton gets in the way of any sensible discussion about the delights of McKennaball.
Bristol City up and coming on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 4288 viewsblueprint

Bristol City up and coming on 18:18 - Feb 25 by Soroche

The Population of the wider built up area of Ipswich is more like 180,000 whereas the population of Maidstone as a town is around 100k. The borough of Maidstone which is far larger than the urban area is around 176000.
Bristol City up and coming on 20:00 - Feb 25 with 4251 viewsbournemouthblue

Bristol City up and coming on 19:56 - Feb 25 by blueprint

The Population of the wider built up area of Ipswich is more like 180,000 whereas the population of Maidstone as a town is around 100k. The borough of Maidstone which is far larger than the urban area is around 176000.

It's certainly true that Maidstone has reasonable potential though, if managed right

Brizzle are a funny team, they've clearly done some work on the infrastructure which has moved their aspirations slightly further than simply being a League One/Championship yo-yo club

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bristol City up and coming on 20:21 - Feb 25 with 4162 viewsChurchman

Bristol City up and coming on 19:56 - Feb 25 by blueprint

Plus the fact that ITFCs catchment area is more than just Ipswich. A lot more.

As for Bristol City, they’re a club I don’t know much about. Established Championship with a state of the art training facility and a lovely ground, they’ve certainly made massive strides since the days of a Championship/L1 yo-yo club. Decent level of support and a great performance v Southampton the other day. Where they go from here depends on their owners I suppose.

I was surprised Pearson left. Good manager. As for Manning, I hope they give him a chance.

With regard to the 70+ pages of hate towards Ashton and wishes for our demise, that was plain relentless and weird. All this ‘we are warning you’ kind of nonsense - like we could do anything about it and that the situation here was the same as at BC. And so it’s proved. I think that storm has blown out now.
Bristol City up and coming on 21:09 - Feb 25 with 3956 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One game at a time. We have Plymouth first so will look forward to playing you after that!

Leeds and Leicester have promotion all sewn up so there is nothing to fear playing little old Ipswich. We have no players to worry about, our defence is a liability and our keeper isn't good enough. Relax, you have an easy win coming up.

I hope Liam Manning does well for you (except against us, of course).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bristol City up and coming on 21:11 - Feb 25 with 3938 viewsWestSussexBlue

Bristol City up and coming on 20:21 - Feb 25 by Churchman

Plus the fact that ITFCs catchment area is more than just Ipswich. A lot more.

As for Bristol City, they’re a club I don’t know much about. Established Championship with a state of the art training facility and a lovely ground, they’ve certainly made massive strides since the days of a Championship/L1 yo-yo club. Decent level of support and a great performance v Southampton the other day. Where they go from here depends on their owners I suppose.

I was surprised Pearson left. Good manager. As for Manning, I hope they give him a chance.

With regard to the 70+ pages of hate towards Ashton and wishes for our demise, that was plain relentless and weird. All this ‘we are warning you’ kind of nonsense - like we could do anything about it and that the situation here was the same as at BC. And so it’s proved. I think that storm has blown out now.

I agree with all of this except Pearson, guy is a prize D1ck.
Bristol City up and coming on 21:16 - Feb 25 with 3896 viewsWeWereZombies

There are some excellent cider producers in Suffolk.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Bristol City up and coming on 21:20 - Feb 25 with 3878 viewsGeoffSentence

From time to time we get visitors from other clubs on this forum, mainly budgies on a wind up, but a few from elsewhere.

It is my sad duty to report that over the last few years the visitors from Brizzle have been pretty much the oddest bunch of curmudgeons I can recall.

Even odder than Pompey and they had some special fans.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bristol City up and coming on 21:21 - Feb 25 with 3872 viewsBobbychase

As a Bristol resident I'll extend the hand of friendship,. Although you've probably realised Mark Ashton has done a superb job at our place. McKenna has transformed the club on the pitch and Ashton identified him and recruited him when Man Utd weren't particularly keen to let him go. Ashton has also turned the commercial side of the club into a moneymaking machine. We've broken shirt sale records twice since he's been here. Helps to have Ed Sheeran as the main sponsor.

Perspective: Most Ipswich fans would probably have taken a top 10 finish with signs of consolidation this season but we've exceeded expectations dramatically and have just passed the 72 points barrier. In a normal season we would be coasting to a top two place but we're the filling in a sandwich of parachute payment clubs so nothing is guaranteed. We'll be disappointed to miss out on a top two place but if we do, after the dust settles, the play-offs for a team that has just come up from League One will still be impressive.

Players: We score a lot thanks to players like Wes Burns, Connor Chaplin, Nathan Broadhead, George Hirst, Jeremy Sarmiento, Omari Hutchinson, Ali Al-Hamadi and Kieffer Moore. Losing Hirst to a hamstring injury slowed our momentum a bit and results tailed off in late December/early Jan but we recruited well in the window, getting Sarmiento, Moore and Al-Hamadi from Wimbledon. Since a surprise defeat at Preston we've drawn one and won four and it looks like "plucky little Ipswich" will carry on giving the relegated trio a run for their money.

As for matches v Bristol City I can't think much back beyond the one at Ashton Gate this season, and the ball rolling along our goal line in the second half but somehow staying out.

Please come to Portman Road and play nice, open football. We like that.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Bristol City up and coming on 21:24 - Feb 25 with 3822 viewsChurchman

Bristol City up and coming on 21:11 - Feb 25 by WestSussexBlue

I agree with all of this except Pearson, guy is a prize D1ck.

Yep,I agree. He is but he did a great job at Leicester and ok at BC.
Bristol City up and coming on 21:30 - Feb 25 with 3766 viewsDJR

Bristol City up and coming on 20:00 - Feb 25 by bournemouthblue

It's certainly true that Maidstone has reasonable potential though, if managed right

Brizzle are a funny team, they've clearly done some work on the infrastructure which has moved their aspirations slightly further than simply being a League One/Championship yo-yo club

Maidstone town isn't that big at 76,000 in 2001 according to Wikipedia, and is dwarfed by the built up Medway area, comprising Chatham, Rochester and Gillingham (with a population of 278,000), only about 10 miles to the north, which already has Gillingham as a team.

Living about 10 miles to the west in Kent, I find that most people support London teams or clubs like Man Utd, and as there is no real cultural attachment to Maidstone, I can't imagine any people in west Kent would support Maidstone if it entered the League.
[Post edited 25 Feb 21:49]
Bristol City up and coming on 21:34 - Feb 25 with 3734 viewsCoastalblue

Bristol City up and coming on 18:01 - Feb 25 by MK1

If I'm being honest, not a club I have any knowledge of, but seem to be higher than they should be. Your lot League One and Rovers League Two seems about right to me. Always think of Plymouth being the biggest club down your way.

OOF shots fired.

Brizzle is a great City and truly they should have a Prem Club there so City certainly should be a top end championship club and should have aspirations of more than that.

A terrible thing to say but I've always liked both clubs, though it's absolutely pi55ed down everytime I've been to either, with one exception which was at the Gas when it hailstormed so hard I couldn't look at the pitch.

I think we'll sneak a win against you but if you stick with Manning for a while you guys could well be looking for playoffs in the next 2-3 years.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bristol City up and coming on 21:59 - Feb 25 with 3620 viewsBlueBoots

I like your team's claim to fame that it is rhyming slang for a lovely big pair of knockers.

Sorry, someone had to say it

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Bristol City up and coming on 22:02 - Feb 25 with 3585 viewscatch74

Bristol City up and coming on 21:20 - Feb 25 by GeoffSentence

From time to time we get visitors from other clubs on this forum, mainly budgies on a wind up, but a few from elsewhere.

It is my sad duty to report that over the last few years the visitors from Brizzle have been pretty much the oddest bunch of curmudgeons I can recall.

Even odder than Pompey and they had some special fans.

Oh yes - I remember the one that kept coming on here bragging about J.E.T.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024