Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games 21:13 - Feb 21 with 4263 viewsDubtractor

Not sure how much of a motivator that would be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68357048

I far prefer the measured response from McKenna when things don't go to plan for us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 21:20 - Feb 21 with 4148 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I quite like the first comment.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 21:21 - Feb 21 with 4160 viewsgainsboroughblue

Until last night, I didn't realise the extent of the difference in points won from teams at the top/bottom half of the table. I mainly thought their start was just a bad one and it took a while to click, but maybe they are as the saying goes 'flat track bullies'

I will say though, that Saints side of several years ago that were in this division, were the best team ive seen at this level. They'd come up the season before from league one themselves.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 21:22 - Feb 21 with 4128 viewsDubtractor

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 21:20 - Feb 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

I quite like the first comment.

Always thought Plymouth were a good bunch.
[Post edited 21 Feb 21:22]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 10:44 - Feb 22 with 3241 viewsthebooks

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 21:21 - Feb 21 by gainsboroughblue

Until last night, I didn't realise the extent of the difference in points won from teams at the top/bottom half of the table. I mainly thought their start was just a bad one and it took a while to click, but maybe they are as the saying goes 'flat track bullies'

I will say though, that Saints side of several years ago that were in this division, were the best team ive seen at this level. They'd come up the season before from league one themselves.

Was that the team with Lallana in it? Yes, they (and him) were fantastic.
Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 3189 viewsRadlett_blue

Agreed, will be interesting to see the reaction in Saints' next match. Most good managers virtually never criticise their players in public. I remember Keane's "some of these players won't play for me again" comment. This was fairly early in his reign at Town & Keane did admit shortly afterwards that it was an ill judged comment.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 10:54 - Feb 22 with 3157 viewspointofblue

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 10:49 - Feb 22 by Radlett_blue

Agreed, will be interesting to see the reaction in Saints' next match. Most good managers virtually never criticise their players in public. I remember Keane's "some of these players won't play for me again" comment. This was fairly early in his reign at Town & Keane did admit shortly afterwards that it was an ill judged comment.

Or Demolition Man here.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 10:57 - Feb 22 with 3127 viewsMeadowlark

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 21:21 - Feb 21 by gainsboroughblue

Yes. I remember them that season when they came to our place. Outstandingly good!
Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 11:00 - Feb 22 with 3105 viewsSwansea_Blue

He had a weird obsession over some players when he was over here. Continuously playing poor players and giving the cold shoulder to others. He seems the opposite to KM who is inclusive and builds up everyone in the squad. I’m not sure if that’s fair or not, but that’s how it looked to me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 11:49 - Feb 22 with 2910 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yep I posted that recently- Southampton had the lowest opponent ppg over 10 games and we had the second highest. These things even out over a season. The other thing that often gets overlooked in some of the hysteria on here is that during our ‘blip’ of playing the likes of Leeds, Leicester, volitile derby etc we actuall only lost one game. We may have dropped points but we’re still thought to beat. And those games we drew and only picked up a point could make the difference come the end of the season…
Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 12:16 - Feb 22 with 2782 viewsgiant_stow

His comment about the biggest mistake in football being not helping your mate out on the ball is interesting. I guess that sums up footy and teamwork nicely - takes guts to make yourself available for a pass in a tight spot and easy to not make that little movement to make that pass possible.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 13:23 - Feb 22 with 2477 viewsVegtablue

They beat Leeds and West Brom quite comfortably, so that may be over-egging it, but it's true their season has been famine or feast for kinder fixtures and it was a merciless run at the beginning. Preston, Watford, Sunderland, Boro, Cov, Leeds, Leicester and us all still to come, albeit half of those may be close to their holidays soon in light of what Hull's doing.
Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 13:36 - Feb 22 with 2421 viewsJ2BLUE

I always think questioning things like bravery is such BS. The mark of a manager who thinks they are a lot cleverer than they are. He comes across like that. Not because he's ex Norwich. I don't really care about that. He just constantly comes across poorly IMO.

Massively overhyped.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 13:56 - Feb 22 with 2326 viewsSharkey

It's not exactly Troy Deeney, it's just a bog-standard post-match lament after a defeat.

By 'bravery' he just means a willingness to ask for the ball in a tight situation, or to try an adventurous pass that might open up the opposition but might also get the crowd groaning if it doesn't come off. It's standard post-match manager speak.

Any player resentful of those comments would have to be a be a very sensitive soul. All he's telling them is not always to take the safe option. And reassuring them they won't be substituted first misplaced pass they make.
Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 14:00 - Feb 22 with 2303 viewsArnieM

Cant help but feel Saints ( and their recent long run) is a bit over inflated, because whenever I've watched them they haven't honestly impressed me and I've often wondered how they've won so many games. Also ( and not having checked it personally in any depth though ), I got the impression that a lot of their wins have come against teams in the lower half of the division? March will see what they're made of . If they continue to win, fair play to them.

I see for the run in Leeds paly a lot of teams in the lower half of the division ...eg those battling for safety ...here's hoping guys.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 14:13 - Feb 25 with 1448 viewsChorleyBoy

Russell Martin is really losing it - doesn't bode well for Southampton.

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 14:35 - Feb 25 with 1382 viewsDubtractor

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 13:56 - Feb 22 by Sharkey

It's not exactly Troy Deeney, it's just a bog-standard post-match lament after a defeat.

By 'bravery' he just means a willingness to ask for the ball in a tight situation, or to try an adventurous pass that might open up the opposition but might also get the crowd groaning if it doesn't come off. It's standard post-match manager speak.

Any player resentful of those comments would have to be a be a very sensitive soul. All he's telling them is not always to take the safe option. And reassuring them they won't be substituted first misplaced pass they make.

Wasn't suggesting it was throwing tea cups or anything, but I'd hope to see my team's manager be more supportive of players after the run they have been on.

Russell Martin having a pop at his players after a second defeat in 28 games on 15:55 - Feb 25 with 1226 viewstractorboy1978

The bloke is an absolute helmet. I'd love it if we beat them, love it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024