Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Women to play at Portman Road 15:11 - Feb 19 with 7523 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Saturday 23 March, 3PM. Let's fill it up for a historic day. I imagine it's going to be super cheap and a great day to witness and encourage the team.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/19/town-women-to-play-at-portman-road/
[Post edited 19 Feb 15:13]

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Look, I've told you already.... on 17:30 - Feb 19 with 1433 viewsBloots

The irony here is the.... (n/t) on 17:24 - Feb 19 by Buhrer

.. honestly if you've let a div like me assume the moral high ground it's only because you've made a tit of yourself here.

[Post edited 19 Feb 17:28]

....I'll go to the match!

FFS.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

That was literally all I said.... on 17:43 - Feb 19 with 1394 viewsMattinLondon

That was literally all I said.... on 16:30 - Feb 19 by SitfcB

It’s fashionable to like womens football and sexist if you don’t.

Not strictly true - in the 1920s, women’s football was extremely popular, with tens of thousands attending matches. It’s only due to the FA effectively banning women from men’s grounds that meant that its popularity ebbed away. You could argue that its upsurge is reverting to type.
The irony here is the.... on 17:54 - Feb 19 with 1361 viewsWhos_blue

The irony here is the.... on 17:15 - Feb 19 by SitfcB

You said it.

But are you the taxi driver?!?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

The irony here is the.... (n/t) on 18:09 - Feb 19 with 1331 viewsMullet

The irony here is the.... (n/t) on 17:24 - Feb 19 by Buhrer

.. honestly if you've let a div like me assume the moral high ground it's only because you've made a tit of yourself here.

[Post edited 19 Feb 17:28]

And presumably so has Sitters then? Which means your involvement makes sense. TWTD perfect circle moment. Lou Reed could sing about it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That was literally all I said.... on 18:17 - Feb 19 with 1292 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

That was literally all I said.... on 16:24 - Feb 19 by Bloots

...."no thanks".

I hope loads of people go and it's great for all involved.

I've said nothing to the contrary.

I won't be attending and I'm not sure why people are so upset that I'm not.

If only someone had asked if you'd be going.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The irony here is the.... (n/t) on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 1286 viewsBuhrer

The irony here is the.... (n/t) on 18:09 - Feb 19 by Mullet

And presumably so has Sitters then? Which means your involvement makes sense. TWTD perfect circle moment. Lou Reed could sing about it.

Vicious. Think it over?

Satellite of Love xxx
That was literally all I said.... on 18:28 - Feb 19 with 1254 viewstextbackup

That was literally all I said.... on 16:30 - Feb 19 by SitfcB

It’s fashionable to like womens football and sexist if you don’t.

The ladies team could be in the womens champions league final and I’d likely not even watch it.
It’s a totally different club/team to me. Not sure anything will ever change my opinion on that.

Hope they get a good crowd tho

(And before anyone starts, it’s not because they are female, I just really wouldn’t care)

Edit. Turns out I’ve no say in what I do as the likelihood is we will be going to this game 😂
[Post edited 19 Feb 19:42]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:31 - Feb 19 with 1252 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Kind of wild the direction this thread has gone - almost certainly a snapshot of what the women's team actually have to put up with.

Never was expecting people to feel forced to go - but would be good if the majority got behind what is simply, an extension of our football club - and something that for girls, like my daughter, will be a massively influential day.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

The irony here is the.... on 18:33 - Feb 19 with 1219 viewsRyorry

The irony here is the.... on 16:55 - Feb 19 by Bloots

....fact your post has been downvoted by Buhrer!

A poster whose main claim to TWTD fame is posting pictures of women's knockers!

Lovely stuff.

Sneaky delete of my original post before Bloots sees the original & I get stick - but in fairness, it looks like me that needs Specsavers 😂
[Post edited 19 Feb 18:55]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That was literally all I said.... on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 1198 viewsSitfcB

That was literally all I said.... on 18:28 - Feb 19 by textbackup

The ladies team could be in the womens champions league final and I’d likely not even watch it.
It’s a totally different club/team to me. Not sure anything will ever change my opinion on that.

Hope they get a good crowd tho

(And before anyone starts, it’s not because they are female, I just really wouldn’t care)

Edit. Turns out I’ve no say in what I do as the likelihood is we will be going to this game 😂
[Post edited 19 Feb 19:42]

Agreed.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:36 - Feb 19 with 1202 viewshoppy

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:31 - Feb 19 by JammyDodgerrr

Kind of wild the direction this thread has gone - almost certainly a snapshot of what the women's team actually have to put up with.

Never was expecting people to feel forced to go - but would be good if the majority got behind what is simply, an extension of our football club - and something that for girls, like my daughter, will be a massively influential day.

If they'd had it on the Sunday, as they usually play then, I may well have gone along to support, but it's a shame they've moved it to Saturday at 3pm when a lot of local non-league clubs might've had a boost with ITFC not playing, as they promoted non-league day last season themselves, but will they do that with the women's team playing Saturday? I doubt it.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

That was literally all I said.... on 18:38 - Feb 19 with 1186 viewsEdmundo

That was literally all I said.... on 16:38 - Feb 19 by Whos_blue

That is ridiculous!

Who on earth actually thinks that?
If you don't like women's footy fair enough.
I can't say that I follow our team other than casting my eye over the odd match report that Phil posts.
I don't tend to watch the WSL show on TV, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Euros and WC.
Now I'm questioning if I'm part sexist too!

Not at all. I support anyone in a Town shirt, but prefer to watch the men currently. Likewise I prefer to watch the Lionesses over the over rated 3 Lions.

Will most likely go to this though: an historic occasion.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:38 - Feb 19 with 1178 viewsMullet

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:31 - Feb 19 by JammyDodgerrr

Sort of. Or just the nature of public forums.

I'd be amazed if anyone is wishing ill of the girls or stuff, but apathy towards the women's game is rife perhaps, and the fact people have bitten so easily at a couple of ballbags plays into the narrative some people feel being forcefed an inferior product etc.

Would be great if they gave away tickets to every club in Suffolk FA and every school so girls get the kind of exposure that starts fandom. But I doubt anyone is likely to take the piss out of 8 year old girls for being keen whatever either.

If it helps you and your daughter bond and have great memories, fcuk what anyone else says I'd say.

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:40 - Feb 19 with 1148 viewsHipsterectomy

Shame the second and third posters who apparently don’t care, cared even a little less, to not comment and derail a good thread

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:46 - Feb 19 with 1117 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I do find it strange that people who don't like women's football love to tell how much they don't like women's football.

Just seems a bit odd.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:51 - Feb 19 with 1088 viewsSitfcB

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:46 - Feb 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

I do find it strange that people who don't like women's football love to tell how much they don't like women's football.

Just seems a bit odd.

Where has anyone said they don’t like womens football?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Not as odd as imagining things. (n/t) on 18:54 - Feb 19 with 1076 viewsBloots

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:46 - Feb 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

Just seems a bit odd.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Bawwwwlllllbags! (n/t) on 18:55 - Feb 19 with 1070 viewsBloots

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 18:38 - Feb 19 by Mullet

Sort of. Or just the nature of public forums.

I'd be amazed if anyone is wishing ill of the girls or stuff, but apathy towards the women's game is rife perhaps, and the fact people have bitten so easily at a couple of ballbags plays into the narrative some people feel being forcefed an inferior product etc.

Would be great if they gave away tickets to every club in Suffolk FA and every school so girls get the kind of exposure that starts fandom. But I doubt anyone is likely to take the piss out of 8 year old girls for being keen whatever either.

If it helps you and your daughter bond and have great memories, fcuk what anyone else says I'd say.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

I saw it.... on 18:56 - Feb 19 with 1061 viewsBloots

The irony here is the.... on 18:33 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

Sneaky delete of my original post before Bloots sees the original & I get stick - but in fairness, it looks like me that needs Specsavers 😂
[Post edited 19 Feb 18:55]

....but I'm nice so won't mention it!

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Bawwwwlllllbags! (n/t) on 19:04 - Feb 19 with 1033 viewsMullet

Bawwwwlllllbags! (n/t) on 18:55 - Feb 19 by Bloots

I was going to say something else even ruder, but didn't want to appear to be misogynistic as well innit.

Plus you two are being very naughty and ruining things for people!

I saw it.... on 19:13 - Feb 19 with 981 viewsRyorry

I saw it.... on 18:56 - Feb 19 by Bloots

....but I'm nice so won't mention it!

You can be a gent - sometimes!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nah, people read.... on 19:14 - Feb 19 with 982 viewsBloots

Bawwwwlllllbags! (n/t) on 19:04 - Feb 19 by Mullet

I was going to say something else even ruder, but didn't want to appear to be misogynistic as well innit.

Plus you two are being very naughty and ruining things for people!

....what they want to read, not what is typed.

They fill in gaps with assumptions that suit the agenda they want and then they lose their crap over what they think they've read.

There's even been a couple of reasonably intelligent posters (amongst the usual thickos) that have done it.

Biggest over reaction since the French/Mexican pastry war.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Nah, people read.... on 19:30 - Feb 19 with 950 viewsWhos_blue

Nah, people read.... on 19:14 - Feb 19 by Bloots

....what they want to read, not what is typed.

They fill in gaps with assumptions that suit the agenda they want and then they lose their crap over what they think they've read.

There's even been a couple of reasonably intelligent posters (amongst the usual thickos) that have done it.

Biggest over reaction since the French/Mexican pastry war.

Ooh!

Who's on the reasonably intelligent posters list?

(Whispers internally - Please let it be me. Please let it be me)

[Post edited 19 Feb 19:30]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Yeah, you, Buhrer..... on 19:35 - Feb 19 with 935 viewsBloots

Nah, people read.... on 19:30 - Feb 19 by Whos_blue

Ooh!

Who's on the reasonably intelligent posters list?

(Whispers internally - Please let it be me. Please let it be me)

[Post edited 19 Feb 19:30]

....and Mullet.

All relatively sane, so surprised me. A couple of posters that I haven't really heard from before so can't comment.

The rest are the usual suspects who are just a bit thick and/or looking for a row or a "gotcha" moment. (and have failed miserably).

Peace out brother.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 19:44 - Feb 19 with 919 viewsford6600

Great news. My wife is keen to attend such a historic occasion but is worried l'll moan about the standard of football! l am keen to go and make a day of it, Pizza at Napoli, visit Dove and
Arcade, plenty of good seats to choose from at PR and hope we get a great result. Didn't realise the womens team were down in 3rd division, that has to change! Mentioned watching them in the past but playing out at Felixstowe put us off. A Town team has to play in Town....they will get better crowds and get the motivation to climb the league pyramid.
Good news all four stands will be opened. Ideally play at PR alternate Saturdays so always
a game to attend every weekend. Whats not to like? Lets get behind our womens team and not make hasty comparisons with our professional mens team which would be stupid and unfair. Lets support them, they afterall represent us all - they to are IPSWICH TOWN.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024