Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Women to play at Portman Road 15:11 - Feb 19 with 7517 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Saturday 23 March, 3PM. Let's fill it up for a historic day. I imagine it's going to be super cheap and a great day to witness and encourage the team.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/19/town-women-to-play-at-portman-road/
[Post edited 19 Feb 15:13]

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 20:04 - Feb 19 with 997 viewspointofblue

The club opening up the whole stadium is a big call. I wonder if that means it'll be treated like a FA Cup game, where season ticket holders will get first call on their seats, before they go on public sale? I also suspect ticket prices will be in the range of the Maidstone game at most.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 20:28 - Feb 19 with 952 viewsJ2BLUE

Great stuff. Well done Town.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 20:37 - Feb 19 with 926 viewsAviator

I won't be going because in my opinion women's football is rubbish. I've tried to like it (honestly) but I don't. I've tried to analyse why and I think it's because the pitches and goals are too big. It may work on smaller pitches. If I did watch, it would be for the occasion rather than the game. A bit like I would watch a 100m butterfly Olympic final if we had a Brit going for gold - but I'm not going to turn up for a regional swimming gala. Also horse racing: the most boring sport invented, unless you have a bet on.

Women's tennis - now that is better than men's IMO. Longer rallies, better points - and I think this is because they can't hit it as hard.
Yeah, you, Buhrer..... on 20:48 - Feb 19 with 886 viewsWhos_blue

Yeah, you, Buhrer..... on 19:35 - Feb 19 by Bloots

....and Mullet.

All relatively sane, so surprised me. A couple of posters that I haven't really heard from before so can't comment.

The rest are the usual suspects who are just a bit thick and/or looking for a row or a "gotcha" moment. (and have failed miserably).

Peace out brother.

Cool, but maybe dial it back just a tad.
You did seem to go off at 100 mph and after all, the OP was a positive post and underpins where this great club is going.
There are much more devisive threads that have little to do with Town or football where tempers can understandably get a little frayed.
This isn't one of them.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Why is everyone so desperate.... on 20:49 - Feb 19 with 874 viewsStenvict

Why is everyone so desperate.... on 16:39 - Feb 19 by Bloots

....for me to go and watch the match?

Bit weird really.

Because if you're there, it'll be more entertaining than watching the football, probably.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Nah. (n/t) on 20:51 - Feb 19 with 867 viewsBloots

Yeah, you, Buhrer..... on 20:48 - Feb 19 by Whos_blue

Cool, but maybe dial it back just a tad.
You did seem to go off at 100 mph and after all, the OP was a positive post and underpins where this great club is going.
There are much more devisive threads that have little to do with Town or football where tempers can understandably get a little frayed.
This isn't one of them.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 11:02 - Feb 20 with 604 viewsportmanroadblue

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 20:37 - Feb 19 by Aviator

I won't be going because in my opinion women's football is rubbish. I've tried to like it (honestly) but I don't. I've tried to analyse why and I think it's because the pitches and goals are too big. It may work on smaller pitches. If I did watch, it would be for the occasion rather than the game. A bit like I would watch a 100m butterfly Olympic final if we had a Brit going for gold - but I'm not going to turn up for a regional swimming gala. Also horse racing: the most boring sport invented, unless you have a bet on.

Women's tennis - now that is better than men's IMO. Longer rallies, better points - and I think this is because they can't hit it as hard.

I agree, watched the world cup, technical ability just isn't there, what I do like is the no nonsense officiating and when a player gets fouled, no rolling around or gesturing for cards etc, just gets up and carries on which is very refreshing.
Town Women to play at Portman Road on 11:08 - Feb 20 with 600 viewsblueasfook

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 11:02 - Feb 20 by portmanroadblue

I agree, watched the world cup, technical ability just isn't there, what I do like is the no nonsense officiating and when a player gets fouled, no rolling around or gesturing for cards etc, just gets up and carries on which is very refreshing.

It's a shame the Women's WC was marred by the groping incident.

Wherever there's women there's trouble.

*runs away*

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 11:57 - Feb 20 with 534 viewsRyorry

Town Women to play at Portman Road on 11:08 - Feb 20 by blueasfook

It's a shame the Women's WC was marred by the groping incident.

Wherever there's women there's trouble.

*runs away*

"Wherever there's men trying to exploit women there's trouble."

There, corrected it for you.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024