Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night 19:32 - Feb 15 with 1681 viewsMullet

https://www.fotmob.com/matches/ipswich-town-vs-millwall/39yx3l?player=866688#420

Think he deserves a bit of praise for last night's performance. Saw him get slated for conceding a goal against WBA, but he is regularly one of our best players. Even with that haircut.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 19:34 - Feb 15 with 1645 viewsBugs

I'm honestly shocked that some town fans can't see he's a quality player.
Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 19:36 - Feb 15 with 1629 viewsMullet

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 19:34 - Feb 15 by Bugs

Are you new here?!?!?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 19:36 - Feb 15 with 1629 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’s lazy apparently (probably claimed by blokes 5 stone overweight while they’re drinking their 4th can on the sofa).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 19:40 - Feb 15 with 1586 viewsBugs

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 19:36 - Feb 15 by Mullet

Are you new here?!?!?

Maybe I should said continually shocked.
Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 19:47 - Feb 15 with 1548 viewsNutkins_Return

I think most see he's a quality player. I certainly do. He has some questionable moments and a couple where he he should have done much. Better without question (letting his man run past him and not being strong enough). He's still relatively young and being hyper critical he can lack a bit of intensity (which strangely can help him in being stress free on the ball). He's a quality player for sure and with time on his side. I'd like to see him dominate a bit more physically and at times take man and ball and let the striker know they won't have an easy ride.

One of our best defensive performers for me this season. He has the tools to player at the highest level but not there yet. Keep going Woolf!!
[Post edited 15 Feb 19:48]
Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 19:49 - Feb 15 with 1530 viewsDubtractor

But he sloows the gayum down.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 20:35 - Feb 15 with 1422 viewsle2blue

Wolfy is a Rolls-Royce of a player, he’s elevated his game this season and expect him to do the same again with us next season in the premier league. I often sit watching him glide forwards into midfield or place an inch perfect pass forwards or another interception thinking back to when some total numpties thought it was a good idea that Toto Nsiala should grace a football pitch rather than Wolfy - what a moronic decision that was.
Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 21:25 - Feb 15 with 1311 viewsHighgateBlue

He's a particular type of defender, and one who works so well in KMac's system. He's a footballer. Which means he's so much more than just a last line of defence. Just like the striker who has much more to do than just score goals, clearly his role is much more than to keep them out. When he makes a mistake or is not strong enough in a moment, that gets highlighted and blown up. It does happen. Too much? Maybe. But there's so much more to him. He makes great decisions, simple, but effective decisions, of an offensive nature. He's patient. One needs patience for anything strategic.

Which brings us to the passing. 101/102. I'd love to watch the one that wasn't completed, but that's not the point. Not all of these were 5 yard taps to his CB comrade. Some of these were proper incisive efforts where he's spotted a ball. And that's what makes 101/102 so impressive.

So. Why does this "fotmob" site give him the worst rating of all Town's starters apart from Luongo? Not sure. But Burgess' rating is telling, and it's no coincidence that his return coincides with an upturn in results.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 23:02 - Feb 15 with 1153 viewsBlueBadger

Woolf is now firmly in the the 'if you don't appreciate him, you don't really appreciate footaball' category with the likes of Jamma, Pablo and Magilton.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 07:00 - Feb 16 with 984 viewsArnieM

LOL

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 07:06 - Feb 16 with 981 viewsHerbivore

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 07:00 - Feb 16 by ArnieM

LOL

Sorry, what's funny?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 07:23 - Feb 16 with 949 viewsBlueBadger

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 23:02 - Feb 15 by BlueBadger

Woolf is now firmly in the the 'if you don't appreciate him, you don't really appreciate footaball' category with the likes of Jamma, Pablo and Magilton.

LOL at the downvoter, here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 07:29 - Feb 16 with 920 viewsBlueBadger

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night on 07:06 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Sorry, what's funny?

Arn doesn't appreciate football, innit.

Luke Woolfenden - 101/102 pass completion last night by BlueBadger 15 Feb 23:02

There'll be a Frimmers-esque blowout at some point.
[Post edited 16 Feb 7:31]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024