Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Tiles closed 16:01 - Feb 14 with 2206 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/24118751.black-tiles-pub-martlesham-announces-immedi

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Black Tiles closed on 16:03 - Feb 14 with 2184 viewsKeno

I used to like the Douglas Bader in Martlkesham

Had a few too many in there one evening and endless up legless

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Black Tiles closed on 16:06 - Feb 14 with 2147 viewsCoastalblue

Black Tiles closed on 16:03 - Feb 14 by Keno

There are probably one or two generations who won't get that these days sadly, we're all egtting old.

Always sad to see a boozer close, but am the first to admit I rarely use any of them regularly these days. My old man was never a boozer, but Friday night was always pub night, Monday night was Pool night, I never really give it a thought now just check out the local when I go somewhere.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Black Tiles closed on 16:08 - Feb 14 with 2136 viewsitfcjoe

I went there recently and was a few days after I'd been in Westminster at a fairly expensive boozer - and then a Neck Oil at the DB was only 10p cheaper so they know how to charge!

*Insert some joke about it costing an arm and a leg*

Black Tiles closed on 16:10 - Feb 14 with 2120 viewsitfcjoe

Black Tiles closed on 16:06 - Feb 14 by Coastalblue

There are probably one or two generations who won't get that these days sadly, we're all egtting old.

Always sad to see a boozer close, but am the first to admit I rarely use any of them regularly these days. My old man was never a boozer, but Friday night was always pub night, Monday night was Pool night, I never really give it a thought now just check out the local when I go somewhere.

It's difficult for pubs to trade these days, have to be a really good operation to survive, or on a really good long standing agreement that the pub co's would love to change

Black Tiles closed on 16:12 - Feb 14 with 2075 viewsKeno

Black Tiles closed on 16:08 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

I went there recently and was a few days after I'd been in Westminster at a fairly expensive boozer - and then a Neck Oil at the DB was only 10p cheaper so they know how to charge!

*Insert some joke about it costing an arm and a leg*

I didnt realise it was still open!

Used to nice when it first opened

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Black Tiles closed on 16:38 - Feb 14 with 1923 viewsBluespeed225

Used to be a bit of a BT hangout, thought it would do ok from the Police HQ, obviously not. Times really have changed. The White Horse in Felixstowe should be a cracking pub, built up area round it, good size, food could be improved, but I was in there with 4 people when I got back after the Sunderland game! The tenants do have The Swan and Salutation in Town though, so I think they just want out.
Black Tiles closed on 16:41 - Feb 14 with 1899 viewsbaxterbasics

Used to be a decent meal there, almost walking distance away from me. Never seemed to recover after Covid.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Black Tiles closed on 17:38 - Feb 14 with 1733 views_clive_baker_

I never like seeing pubs close, especially ones local to my 'ends' where I grew up.

Last time I went there it was dreadful though.
Login to get fewer ads

Black Tiles closed on 17:47 - Feb 14 with 1679 viewsbazza

One for the deben inns to take over.
Black Tiles closed on 17:50 - Feb 14 with 1655 viewsJ2BLUE

They phoned yesterday to cancel a reservation in March.

Sad times.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Black Tiles closed on 17:56 - Feb 14 with 1627 viewshatch

Expect they’ll reopen soon enough under new ownership but very sad to see as my local growing up. Used to love the goujons in there.

Once handed my CV in for a job there and never heard back though so f’ em…
Black Tiles closed on 17:57 - Feb 14 with 1608 viewsfactual_blue

It will be a great shame if this iconic pub in Bury closes.

https://www.greenekingpubs.co.uk/pub-to-let/rose-crown-bury-st-edmunds

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Black Tiles closed on 18:16 - Feb 14 with 1507 viewsNedPlimpton

Used to work there many years ago and would still occasionally go in for a drink when I'm back in town. But, my god has it gone downhill recently. Not surprised at all to hear it's closing. Last time I went in it was full of the barmaids family with young kids running around every where. It was very odd. Like being in someone's front room

RIP the chicken goujons and the nachos though
Black Tiles closed on 18:17 - Feb 14 with 1507 viewsitfcjoe

Black Tiles closed on 16:38 - Feb 14 by Bluespeed225

Used to be a bit of a BT hangout, thought it would do ok from the Police HQ, obviously not. Times really have changed. The White Horse in Felixstowe should be a cracking pub, built up area round it, good size, food could be improved, but I was in there with 4 people when I got back after the Sunderland game! The tenants do have The Swan and Salutation in Town though, so I think they just want out.

One of those pubs where a load of houses have been built round it and people move in next to a pub then moan like **** when people make noise there.

Massive pub, it’s usually busy ish on a Friday afternoon but that’s not enough now when the drum is that big - think those tenants could make a go of it in time but prob need a bit of investment before they commit

Black Tiles closed on 18:20 - Feb 14 with 1492 viewsDubtractor

Me and a mate once at a whole jar of pickled eggs between us in one evening at the Douglas Bader.

My guts were all kinds of wrong the next day.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Black Tiles closed on 18:35 - Feb 14 with 1430 viewsronnyd

Shame, watched the play off final there, manic.
Black Tiles closed on 18:57 - Feb 14 with 1351 viewsstonojnr

Black Tiles closed on 16:38 - Feb 14 by Bluespeed225

Lunchtime drinking isn't really seen as the done thing anymore for lots of office workers, going mean alot of leaving do's will have to relocate.

White horse problem again high costs low custom and a pubco desperate to sell the place off & turn it into a supermarket. How much effort can you put in ? It used, only 5-8 years ago be the place for Sunday dinners and the like, but shows how quickly it can change
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024