Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frimley/Burns 10:13 - Feb 13 with 12563 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm delighted to let the forum know that, following a cordial exchange of emails, viewpoints and apologies, the matter has now been resolved amicably between Frimley and Wes's dad, David, and a line has been drawn under it by all parties.

I think there was a bit of naivity from Frimley on the impact his posts might have - which I think all of us can be guilty of at times - of which he is now more acutely aware, while the rather unpleasant Instagram post at the weekend I think was the catalyst for the release of a few understandable frustrations.

Perhaps the rest of us can now move on from the matter and put it behind us, as they have, while remaining conscious that there are families behind players who may be reading posts on here and on social media.
Frimley/Burns on 10:15 - Feb 13 with 5960 viewsGuthrum

That's good news.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Frimley/Burns on 10:15 - Feb 13 with 5958 viewsbluelagos

I see career in diplomacy if the footie journo thing doesn't work out.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Frimley/Burns on 10:16 - Feb 13 with 5944 viewsDanTheMan

I missed all of the drama and haven't really commented but it sounds like something good has at least come out of all the negative.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Frimley/Burns on 10:17 - Feb 13 with 5936 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Brilliant work đź‘Ź

Poll: Is Billm….

Frimley/Burns on 10:22 - Feb 13 with 5841 viewsblueislander

Frimley/Burns on 10:17 - Feb 13 by John_Warks_Willy

Brilliant work đź‘Ź

Good news.Well played Phil. Is Frimmers going to return to the board?
Frimley/Burns on 10:28 - Feb 13 with 5766 viewsNeedhamChris

Does this really need another thread?

Just kidding - that's really positive. Looking forward to a Life's a Pitch episode with Wes Burns and Frimley Blue hugging it out.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Frimley/Burns on 10:31 - Feb 13 with 5722 viewsElderGrizzly

Frimley/Burns on 10:28 - Feb 13 by NeedhamChris

Just kidding - that's really positive. Looking forward to a Life's a Pitch episode with Wes Burns and Frimley Blue hugging it out.

That would involve Frimley actually heading down to Portman Road...
Frimley/Burns on 10:32 - Feb 13 with 5736 viewsArnoldMoorhen

That's a great bit of work on your part, thank you for doing your bit for the wellbeing of the individuals concerned, and for maintaining good relationships between the fans, players and their families, and the club.

I haven't thanked you in a while for what you have given us, Phil.

You report without histrionics and Admin the forum much more fairly than I could!

The first of those is really important. So much "fan content" is all about clickbait and the brand and ego of the content creator. You predated all that and have stuck with it, and given us evidenced professional journalism, with ethics and integrity at the forefront, in a fan focused, independent ethos.

And then have to babysit the kindergarten on here.

Thank you.
Login to get fewer ads

Frimley/Burns on 10:46 - Feb 13 with 5486 viewsHelp

Phil.

May I suggest that if a post goes off topic from the subject that the post is removed and the reason explained to the poster. I appreciate that this is hard work or maybe not even possible.

But sometimes you go to read a topic and replies and then somewhere it has become a slanging match between two posters and nothing to do with the subject itself.

Just a thought.
Frimley/Burns on 10:53 - Feb 13 with 5387 viewsblueislander

Frimley/Burns on 10:46 - Feb 13 by Help

Phil.

May I suggest that if a post goes off topic from the subject that the post is removed and the reason explained to the poster. I appreciate that this is hard work or maybe not even possible.

But sometimes you go to read a topic and replies and then somewhere it has become a slanging match between two posters and nothing to do with the subject itself.

Just a thought.

Jeepers! That would involve Admin following every thread posted.
Frimley/Burns on 11:26 - Feb 13 with 5170 viewsBlueBadger

Phil.

Just a thought.

That's what the 'report' button is for.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Frimley/Burns on 11:29 - Feb 13 with 5146 viewsSwailsey

Great news daddy Phil.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Frimley/Burns on 11:31 - Feb 13 with 5115 viewsRyorry

Frimley/Burns on 10:32 - Feb 13 by ArnoldMoorhen

That's a great bit of work on your part, thank you for doing your bit for the wellbeing of the individuals concerned, and for maintaining good relationships between the fans, players and their families, and the club.

I haven't thanked you in a while for what you have given us, Phil.

You report without histrionics and Admin the forum much more fairly than I could!

The first of those is really important. So much "fan content" is all about clickbait and the brand and ego of the content creator. You predated all that and have stuck with it, and given us evidenced professional journalism, with ethics and integrity at the forefront, in a fan focused, independent ethos.

And then have to babysit the kindergarten on here.

Thank you.

Brilliantly said, absolutely spot on in every way. POTY contender come Decemberđź‘Ť

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Frimley/Burns on 11:33 - Feb 13 with 5091 viewsMattinLondon

If Daddy Burns is reading this thread please can you ask Wes to grow his beautiful hair long again. His man bum was a thing of beauty.
Frimley/Burns on 11:37 - Feb 13 with 5053 viewsKeno

well done Phil

being such a superhero you can wear your underpants on outside now

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Frimley/Burns on 11:38 - Feb 13 with 5038 viewsKeno

Frimley/Burns on 10:28 - Feb 13 by NeedhamChris

have a thumb up from me for that one!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Frimley/Burns on 11:40 - Feb 13 with 5018 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Frimley/Burns on 11:33 - Feb 13 by MattinLondon

If Daddy Burns is reading this thread please can you ask Wes to grow his beautiful hair long again. His man bum was a thing of beauty.

But (pun intended) what did you think about his bun ?
Frimley/Burns on 11:45 - Feb 13 with 4968 viewsBluebell

Frimley/Burns on 11:40 - Feb 13 by Portmanteauxcurling

But (pun intended) what did you think about his bun ?

His bum is lovely, his bun was great too.
Frimley/Burns on 11:55 - Feb 13 with 4864 viewsKievthegreat

Phil.

Just a thought.

I am a volunteer Mod on another forum (different sport), but this is how we manage it. We'll remove posts, or separate them into their own thread, or move them to a more appropriate thread.

HOWEVER, we get such less traffic than somewhere like TWTD. I reckon this thread might get more comments today than the forum I moderate on will today.

The posts are so frequent and varied on here, that Phil/Gav would have an impossible task to keep up with everything.
Frimley/Burns on 11:57 - Feb 13 with 4830 viewsblueasfook

Good stuff. Glad it all got resolved amicably.

Will Frimmers be allowed back?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Frimley/Burns on 12:04 - Feb 13 with 4757 viewsSteve_M

Did you take the opportunity to ask David about his favourite crisps and cheese though?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Frimley/Burns on 12:04 - Feb 13 with 4746 viewsSwansea_Blue

Frimley/Burns on 11:33 - Feb 13 by MattinLondon

cheeky

On a serious point, has anyone else noticed he seems to be whacking it more since he cut his hair?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frimley/Burns on 12:06 - Feb 13 with 4710 viewsSwansea_Blue

Frimley/Burns on 10:53 - Feb 13 by blueislander

Jeepers! That would involve Admin following every thread posted.

And removing 99% of threads

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frimley/Burns on 12:10 - Feb 13 with 4620 viewsblueasfook

Frimley/Burns on 11:45 - Feb 13 by Bluebell

His bum is lovely, his bun was great too.

Perv

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Frimley/Burns on 12:25 - Feb 13 with 4489 viewsJuggsy

Frimley/Burns on 10:31 - Feb 13 by ElderGrizzly

That would involve Frimley actually heading down to Portman Road...

Some of you really can’t help yourselves can you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024