Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frimley/Burns 10:13 - Feb 13 with 12736 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm delighted to let the forum know that, following a cordial exchange of emails, viewpoints and apologies, the matter has now been resolved amicably between Frimley and Wes's dad, David, and a line has been drawn under it by all parties.

I think there was a bit of naivity from Frimley on the impact his posts might have - which I think all of us can be guilty of at times - of which he is now more acutely aware, while the rather unpleasant Instagram post at the weekend I think was the catalyst for the release of a few understandable frustrations.

Perhaps the rest of us can now move on from the matter and put it behind us, as they have, while remaining conscious that there are families behind players who may be reading posts on here and on social media.
Frimley/Burns on 12:30 - Feb 13 with 1449 viewsBlueBadger

Frimley/Burns on 12:06 - Feb 13 by Swansea_Blue

And removing 99% of threads

Balls.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Frimley Burns on 13:04 - Feb 13 with 1326 viewsPendejo

Take out the / and leave a space and the title works for me

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Frimley/Burns on 13:07 - Feb 13 with 1298 viewsBigalhunter

Frimley/Burns on 10:46 - Feb 13 by Help

Phil.

May I suggest that if a post goes off topic from the subject that the post is removed and the reason explained to the poster. I appreciate that this is hard work or maybe not even possible.

But sometimes you go to read a topic and replies and then somewhere it has become a slanging match between two posters and nothing to do with the subject itself.

Just a thought.

Look, I’ve got a weak bladder okay?

That’s why I need the bog before half time.

Four pints before kick off doesn’t help, either.

Frimley/Burns on 13:17 - Feb 13 with 1240 viewsTresBonne

Is Frimmers returning like the Undertaker then?
Frimley/Burns on 13:28 - Feb 13 with 1186 viewsBLUEBEAT

Frimley/Burns on 12:04 - Feb 13 by Swansea_Blue

cheeky

On a serious point, has anyone else noticed he seems to be whacking it more since he cut his hair?

Samson in reverse.

Poll: W or W

Frimley/Burns on 13:29 - Feb 13 with 1185 viewspointofblue

Frimley/Burns on 11:33 - Feb 13 by MattinLondon

If Daddy Burns is reading this thread please can you ask Wes to grow his beautiful hair long again. His man bum was a thing of beauty.

I think he looks better with it short, but not sure if we've won since he got rid of it so...

Thank you very much for the update, Phil, and all the hard work you (and Gav/Mark) do re the forum.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Frimley/Burns on 13:39 - Feb 13 with 1142 viewsNutkins_Return

Well done Phil. You've got to be the most professional and 'above and beyond' football forum owner ever.

This has got to be the most ridiculous sagas ever on a football forum. A players dad and forum wally resolution talks....

Well played though.
Frimley/Burns on 13:44 - Feb 13 with 1135 viewsfactual_blue

So, perhaps you could now have a cordial exchange of emails with nettingyahoo and sort things out?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Frimley/Burns on 13:47 - Feb 13 with 1123 viewsitfc_bucks

Frimley/Burns on 10:22 - Feb 13 by blueislander

Good news.Well played Phil. Is Frimmers going to return to the board?

We can only hope...
Frimley/Burns on 13:49 - Feb 13 with 1105 viewsReusersTown

Frimley/Burns on 13:17 - Feb 13 by TresBonne

I would still hope not, his relentless negativity really dampened people's enjoyment of the forum as many have pointed out.
Frimley/Burns on 13:50 - Feb 13 with 1094 viewsPhilTWTD

Frimley/Burns on 13:39 - Feb 13 by Nutkins_Return

Well done Phil. You've got to be the most professional and 'above and beyond' football forum owner ever.

This has got to be the most ridiculous sagas ever on a football forum. A players dad and forum wally resolution talks....

Well played though.

Thanks.
Sexist. (n/t) on 13:50 - Feb 13 with 1079 viewsBloots

Frimley/Burns on 11:45 - Feb 13 by Bluebell

His bum is lovely, his bun was great too.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Frimley/Burns on 13:51 - Feb 13 with 1090 viewsPhilTWTD

Frimley/Burns on 12:04 - Feb 13 by Steve_M

Did you take the opportunity to ask David about his favourite crisps and cheese though?

I invited him to spend some time on the forum, so perhaps you can ask him yourself if he takes up the offer.
Frimley/Burns on 13:54 - Feb 13 with 1069 viewsPhilTWTD

Frimley/Burns on 10:46 - Feb 13 by Help

Phil.

May I suggest that if a post goes off topic from the subject that the post is removed and the reason explained to the poster. I appreciate that this is hard work or maybe not even possible.

But sometimes you go to read a topic and replies and then somewhere it has become a slanging match between two posters and nothing to do with the subject itself.

Just a thought.

It would be very difficult to monitor to that degree and, while you have a point in instances when threads turn into slanging matches, which is obviously not welcome, I quite like them going off in different directions, can be interesting.
Frimley/Burns on 13:55 - Feb 13 with 1057 viewsPhilTWTD

Frimley/Burns on 10:32 - Feb 13 by ArnoldMoorhen

That's a great bit of work on your part, thank you for doing your bit for the wellbeing of the individuals concerned, and for maintaining good relationships between the fans, players and their families, and the club.

I haven't thanked you in a while for what you have given us, Phil.

You report without histrionics and Admin the forum much more fairly than I could!

The first of those is really important. So much "fan content" is all about clickbait and the brand and ego of the content creator. You predated all that and have stuck with it, and given us evidenced professional journalism, with ethics and integrity at the forefront, in a fan focused, independent ethos.

And then have to babysit the kindergarten on here.

Thank you.

Thanks, that's very nice of you.
Frimley/Burns on 13:55 - Feb 13 with 1062 viewsblueasfook

Frimley/Burns on 13:44 - Feb 13 by factual_blue

So, perhaps you could now have a cordial exchange of emails with nettingyahoo and sort things out?

all he has to do is send an email to Hamas

"Dear Hamas,
Please surrender to the IDF and give up the hostages.

Cheers,
Phil H"

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Frimley/Burns on 13:58 - Feb 13 with 1048 viewsPhilTWTD

Frimley/Burns on 13:17 - Feb 13 by TresBonne

I think if there's a bit of a change in terms of volume of posts and a bit more thought and consideration, then I don't have a problem. David Burns asked if he could be allowed back.

But I don't see this as just mine, Gav (and Mark)'s forum, it is the users' as well, so would be interested in others' thoughts. Some I know are not going to be entirely receptive to the suggestion.
Frimley/Burns on 13:59 - Feb 13 with 1038 viewsblueasfook

Frimley/Burns on 13:58 - Feb 13 by PhilTWTD

I think if there's a bit of a change in terms of volume of posts and a bit more thought and consideration, then I don't have a problem. David Burns asked if he could be allowed back.

But I don't see this as just mine, Gav (and Mark)'s forum, it is the users' as well, so would be interested in others' thoughts. Some I know are not going to be entirely receptive to the suggestion.

Do a poll!

Frimley/Burns on 13:59 - Feb 13 with 1048 viewsDanTheMan

Cooling off period and then let him back in my opinion.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Frimley/Burns on 14:03 - Feb 13 with 1002 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can you let him back but cap the number of posts he can make in a day?

I'd have no problem with him coming back, although I feel he could probably benefit from a bit of a break. No offence, but surely there's more to his life than spending every waking minute on here!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frimley/Burns on 14:03 - Feb 13 with 1004 viewsblueasfook

Frimley/Burns on 13:49 - Feb 13 by ReusersTown

I would still hope not, his relentless negativity really dampened people's enjoyment of the forum as many have pointed out.

One would hope he'd tone it down now he's realised the impact it has had. I advocate giving him another chance.

Frimley/Burns on 14:04 - Feb 13 with 1001 viewsGeoffSentence

Frimley/Burns on 13:59 - Feb 13 by DanTheMan

Cooling off period and then let him back in my opinion.

I'm in the let him back camp.

Would also require some other posters to have a reset and not just attack him for being him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Let him back.... on 14:09 - Feb 13 with 969 viewsBloots

....he's quite easily ignored if they don't like his views.

Posters should be mature enough to deal with sharing the forum with people they disagree with/don't get on with.

As long as he reduces the number of posts then I don't really see what he's done wrong, there's far worse than him that still post on here.

But you're in charge ultimately.

Indeed. (n/t) on 14:09 - Feb 13 with 960 viewsBloots

Frimley/Burns on 14:04 - Feb 13 by GeoffSentence

I'm in the let him back camp.

Would also require some other posters to have a reset and not just attack him for being him.

Frimley/Burns on 14:12 - Feb 13 with 952 viewsSenatorBlue

Frimley/Burns on 13:54 - Feb 13 by PhilTWTD

It would be very difficult to monitor to that degree and, while you have a point in instances when threads turn into slanging matches, which is obviously not welcome, I quite like them going off in different directions, can be interesting.

My particular favourites are when a typo leads to an 18 pager of tenuous links, in some cases the work of creative genius.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024