Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie 13:22 - Feb 11 with 2757 viewsHipsterectomy

Lots of criticism/abuse for him on their main forum and twitter. Ironic cheers when he was subbed yesterday after 67 mins and calls for him to not even make the bench on Tuesday.

No goals in 5 for a struggling side doesn't seem that bad, but I dunno how he's been playing. I thought he would push on and try and earn a perm contract with them, but like the majority of who we have sent to Charlton in recent years, it seems they want him returned asap

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 13:46 - Feb 11 with 2615 viewsIllinoisblue

Sad to hear that. Liked Freddie. Charlton are a real mess. Dwindling crowds, new manager every six months and in danger of sliding into L2

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 13:49 - Feb 11 with 2587 viewsgainsboroughblue

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 13:46 - Feb 11 by Illinoisblue

Sad to hear that. Liked Freddie. Charlton are a real mess. Dwindling crowds, new manager every six months and in danger of sliding into L2

Bet they'd take being mid table in the Premier League under Curbishley right now.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 13:50 - Feb 11 with 2588 viewsgeg1992

I know I’m going to get pelters for this, but I honestly think he’s massively overrated. I’m not surprised to hear of this at all. He scored a lot of goals last season for us, but we were creating a crazy amount of chances.

Rotherham fans had similar criticism before he joined us.
[Post edited 11 Feb 13:53]

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 15:17 - Feb 11 with 2235 viewsSwansea_Blue

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 13:50 - Feb 11 by geg1992

I know I’m going to get pelters for this, but I honestly think he’s massively overrated. I’m not surprised to hear of this at all. He scored a lot of goals last season for us, but we were creating a crazy amount of chances.

What frustrated me about him was needing several chances before he got one right. I’m not especially surprised he struggled with the step up back into the Championship. Shame to hear it’s not going well for him at Charlton though as he seems a great bloke.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 15:33 - Feb 11 with 2132 viewsRegencyBlue

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 13:50 - Feb 11 by geg1992

Don’t know how Charlton are playing him but for me you would need him in a 442 with the right strike partner, which we never did.
Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 15:39 - Feb 11 with 2076 viewspointofblue

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 15:33 - Feb 11 by RegencyBlue

Don’t know how Charlton are playing him but for me you would need him in a 442 with the right strike partner, which we never did.

I think they are playing him in a two, but with a wing back system.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 16:19 - Feb 11 with 1915 viewsford6600

Capable of scoring occasionally but needs easy chance or many chances, but recent games for Town he went for glory and failed when he could have provided an assist. Perhaps because he felt pressure to score, but as Hirst has shown providing assists would be held in high regard by Mckenna. By not playing as a team player....you end up at Charlton...imo
Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 16:52 - Feb 11 with 1785 viewsbournemouthblue

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 13:46 - Feb 11 by Illinoisblue

It's potentially big club but they seem a real mess, he'd have been better joining some of our other ex-players at Oxford

I assume Oxford didn't need him though

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 16:53 - Feb 11 with 1773 viewsbournemouthblue

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 15:39 - Feb 11 by pointofblue

I think they are playing him in a two, but with a wing back system.

so more crossed coming into the box presumably?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 18:56 - Feb 11 with 1499 viewsChurchman

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 16:52 - Feb 11 by bournemouthblue

It's potentially big club but they seem a real mess, he'd have been better joining some of our other ex-players at Oxford

I assume Oxford didn't need him though

Charlton is about the closest professional club to me. Their ground looks a B&Q job and I’ve had happy/unhappy experiences there in equal measure (anyone remember Marshall’s volley in the 90s or the 94 last minute winner?).

But what a mess. They signed about eight players in Jan and are all over the shop. Fifth bottom on goal difference, three points from 11 games. And people are whinging about us??

Given new owners I’m surprised they’ve sunk so low. Freddie? I hope he can keep them safe. He’s a one hundred percenter, a good player and however his style is perceived he can score goals. I wish him and them well, but it doesn’t look good.
Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 19:10 - Feb 11 with 1442 viewsCoastalblue

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 18:56 - Feb 11 by Churchman

Charlton is about the closest professional club to me. Their ground looks a B&Q job and I’ve had happy/unhappy experiences there in equal measure (anyone remember Marshall’s volley in the 90s or the 94 last minute winner?).

But what a mess. They signed about eight players in Jan and are all over the shop. Fifth bottom on goal difference, three points from 11 games. And people are whinging about us??

Given new owners I’m surprised they’ve sunk so low. Freddie? I hope he can keep them safe. He’s a one hundred percenter, a good player and however his style is perceived he can score goals. I wish him and them well, but it doesn’t look good.

Not too far from me, and am on their mailing list due to having been in the home end once or twice

I actually quite like them as a club, and from their output they do seem to be trying to get it right, but seem to be getting it hugely wrong.

I'd not be at all surprised to see them in the bottom teir and stuck there for a while when in reality they really should be a top half Championship club.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 19:46 - Feb 11 with 1317 viewsChurchman

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 19:10 - Feb 11 by Coastalblue

Not too far from me, and am on their mailing list due to having been in the home end once or twice

I actually quite like them as a club, and from their output they do seem to be trying to get it right, but seem to be getting it hugely wrong.

I'd not be at all surprised to see them in the bottom teir and stuck there for a while when in reality they really should be a top half Championship club.

They do a lot in the community. A friend of Mrs Cs daughter was mascot last season and she was treated brilliantly all day. Had a great time, just as it should be.
Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 19:52 - Feb 11 with 1296 viewsBLUEBEAT

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 19:46 - Feb 11 by Churchman

They do a lot in the community. A friend of Mrs Cs daughter was mascot last season and she was treated brilliantly all day. Had a great time, just as it should be.

That’s nice.

Poll: W or W

Charlton fans have already turned on Freddie on 20:08 - Feb 11 with 1239 viewsNutkins_Return

Posted similar. The good thing was Camara returning and apparently being their best player when he came on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024