Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burns and Chaplin 16:33 - Feb 10 with 1587 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Never did I think I'd consider that but maybe a time for them to get dropped?

Burns completely out of form. Don't recognize him nowadays.

Chaplin apart from the Sunderland game hasn't done much in 2024. Hutchinson is offering a bigger threat at the moment.
Burns and Chaplin on 16:37 - Feb 10 with 1541 viewspointofblue

I do quite like the idea of trying Al-Hamadi just off Moore.

The issue with Hutchinson for Burns is he doesn't have much of an impact from the start (Southampton aside) compared to from the bench, so I feel we're at risk of neutering ourselves late on with that move, with little impact from the off.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burns and Chaplin on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 1518 viewsIllinoisblue

Burns for sure needs a rest. He was very ineffective today.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Burns and Chaplin on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 1518 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Burns and Chaplin on 16:37 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

The issue with Hutchinson for Burns is he doesn't have much of an impact from the start (Southampton aside) compared to from the bench, so I feel we're at risk of neutering ourselves late on with that move, with little impact from the off.

We looked far more dangerous with two upfront towards the end of the game.
Burns and Chaplin on 16:39 - Feb 10 with 1518 viewsoldbeardy

Chappers has been off it for a while - just isn't clicking for him . He'll get his mojo back but for now I agree we ought to try someone different
Burns and Chaplin on 16:40 - Feb 10 with 1499 viewsSwansea_Blue

Burns and Chaplin on 16:37 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

Sarmiento and Hutch are both so frustrating. Sarmiento ran the show the other week and has been rubbish since. Hutch has moments of brilliance but can often struggle when he starts. I guess that's what you get with developing young players.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Burns and Chaplin on 16:42 - Feb 10 with 1479 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Burns and Chaplin on 16:39 - Feb 10 by Illinoisblue

Burns for sure needs a rest. He was very ineffective today.

A rest on 55 minutes would have been nice.
Burns and Chaplin on 16:44 - Feb 10 with 1468 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Burns and Chaplin on 16:40 - Feb 10 by Swansea_Blue

Sarmiento and Hutch are both so frustrating. Sarmiento ran the show the other week and has been rubbish since. Hutch has moments of brilliance but can often struggle when he starts. I guess that's what you get with developing young players.

Frustrating is an interesting word for a player that’s got us back into the game from the bench the last two weeks.
Burns and Chaplin on 16:46 - Feb 10 with 1446 viewsGarv

What do you then do on 70 mins?

Not sure Burns scores the goal that Hutchinson scores today, or entirely suits how we were playing at the time.

Arguments both sides for sure, but Burns has been absolutely massive for how we play and how well we've done for the last 12 months, almost without any blips, I don't think it's outrageous for him to keep his place.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Burns and Chaplin on 16:47 - Feb 10 with 1429 viewspointofblue

Burns and Chaplin on 16:44 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Frustrating is an interesting word for a player that’s got us back into the game from the bench the last two weeks.

Frustrating from the start is an accurate description. Great as 'finishers' as Eddie Jones, I think, used to say.

Burns and Chaplin on 16:48 - Feb 10 with 1413 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns and Chaplin on 16:40 - Feb 10 by Swansea_Blue

But when have either had a run from the start in the same position?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Burns and Chaplin on 16:50 - Feb 10 with 1404 viewscbower

Agree entirely on Burns. He was poor today and slowed us down today. One instance in second half the ball went to him wide. Defender stood off him, potential to run at him, Wes absolutely no interest. Slowed it down, five yard pass. I love Wes but that was dross today.
Hutchinson looks more in form and is putting in better deliveries.
Not so sure about Chaplin. Poor miss for sure but he is still contributing, offering a goal threat. Just needs one to go in.

bluescouser

Burns and Chaplin on 16:50 - Feb 10 with 1394 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Burns and Chaplin on 16:47 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

Frustrating from the start is an accurate description. Great as 'finishers' as Eddie Jones, I think, used to say.

When was the last time he started a league game. Needs a chance now.
Burns and Chaplin on 16:52 - Feb 10 with 1374 viewspointofblue

Burns and Chaplin on 16:50 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

When was the last time he started a league game. Needs a chance now.

QPR on 29th December.

Burns and Chaplin on 16:54 - Feb 10 with 1351 viewsSwansea_Blue

Burns and Chaplin on 16:44 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yeah, that was my point. He struggles to impose himself on games when he starts.

Edit - not always. there was a game before Christmas when he had a blinder. But again, it's the inconsistency that's frustrating.
[Post edited 10 Feb 16:56]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Burns and Chaplin on 16:56 - Feb 10 with 1328 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Burns and Chaplin on 16:54 - Feb 10 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, that was my point. He struggles to impose himself on games when he starts.

Edit - not always. there was a game before Christmas when he had a blinder. But again, it's the inconsistency that's frustrating.
[Post edited 10 Feb 16:56]

Not sure when he last started a league game but he needs that opportunity soon.
Burns and Chaplin on 17:04 - Feb 10 with 1262 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Burns and Chaplin on 16:52 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

QPR on 29th December.

Must have completely wiped that game from my memory.
Burns and Chaplin on 17:09 - Feb 10 with 1234 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Burns and Chaplin on 16:46 - Feb 10 by Garv

What do you then do on 70 mins?

Not sure Burns scores the goal that Hutchinson scores today, or entirely suits how we were playing at the time.

Arguments both sides for sure, but Burns has been absolutely massive for how we play and how well we've done for the last 12 months, almost without any blips, I don't think it's outrageous for him to keep his place.

Radical idea: Burns for Clarke, Hutchinson ahead of him.
Burns and Chaplin on 18:22 - Feb 10 with 1065 viewsGarv

Burns and Chaplin on 17:09 - Feb 10 by ArnoldMoorhen

Radical idea: Burns for Clarke, Hutchinson ahead of him.

I don't think think Hutchinson will play 90 mins unfortunately.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Burns and Chaplin on 18:46 - Feb 10 with 967 viewsJuggsy

Burns hasn't looked right since the shoulder injury imo. Added to that he has lost his strength by cutting his hair ....
Burns and Chaplin on 20:33 - Feb 10 with 824 viewsredrickstuhaart

Burns and Chaplin on 16:50 - Feb 10 by cbower

Agree entirely on Burns. He was poor today and slowed us down today. One instance in second half the ball went to him wide. Defender stood off him, potential to run at him, Wes absolutely no interest. Slowed it down, five yard pass. I love Wes but that was dross today.
Hutchinson looks more in form and is putting in better deliveries.
Not so sure about Chaplin. Poor miss for sure but he is still contributing, offering a goal threat. Just needs one to go in.

There was a low block, almost always double covered. He probably has instructions.

His stretching teams probably contributes to space elsewhere, as well as fatigure allowing us to dominate as the game goes on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024