Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! 10:56 - Feb 1 with 1912 viewsSparky85

2025 season. Bit of a shock. Hoping Mercedes replace him with Lando
Were we in for him? (n/t) on 10:59 - Feb 1 with 1867 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:01 - Feb 1 with 1841 viewsTrequartista

Sainz loan to Blackburn, Gallagher to Ipswich?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Were we in for him? (n/t) on 11:01 - Feb 1 with 1833 viewstractorboy1978

Were we in for him? (n/t) on 10:59 - Feb 1 by Bloots

Can't press like Hirst.
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:03 - Feb 1 with 1818 viewsAlexITFC3

It's a massive gamble. Mercedes should be on par with Ferrari with 2025 and its not clear if Ferrari actually have got a clue what they're doing.
I reckon Sainz will take a year off then go to Sauber, which will become Audi in 2026.

Mercedes should go for an experienced head.
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:12 - Feb 1 with 1746 viewsTootingTown

Biggest move in the sport since he left McLaren all those years ago. I think he's always said how he always wanted to drive for Ferrari, so probably saw this as his last chance
to do so.

Very interested to see who Mercedes replace him with, Lando has just signed a new deal at McLaren but he must surely be the favourite.
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:15 - Feb 1 with 1728 viewsSparky85

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:03 - Feb 1 by AlexITFC3

It's a massive gamble. Mercedes should be on par with Ferrari with 2025 and its not clear if Ferrari actually have got a clue what they're doing.
I reckon Sainz will take a year off then go to Sauber, which will become Audi in 2026.

Mercedes should go for an experienced head.

Agreed! Ferrari have been a bit of a mess for a number of years now. Maybe this is just what they needed.
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:17 - Feb 1 with 1714 viewsITFC_Forever

Transfer window delivers a shock on the last day.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:18 - Feb 1 with 1701 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Another one we’ve missed out on

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:18 - Feb 1 with 1699 viewsSparky85

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:12 - Feb 1 by TootingTown

Biggest move in the sport since he left McLaren all those years ago. I think he's always said how he always wanted to drive for Ferrari, so probably saw this as his last chance
to do so.

Very interested to see who Mercedes replace him with, Lando has just signed a new deal at McLaren but he must surely be the favourite.

Yes, he will be 40 by the time this comes round. Agree its likely his last chance and has nothing to lose.

I can't see any other driver other than Lando if Merc want a statement replacement. Will come at a significant cost, but probably worth it. They could possibly look at Piastri.
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:18 - Feb 1 with 1704 viewsblueasfook

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:15 - Feb 1 by Sparky85

Agreed! Ferrari have been a bit of a mess for a number of years now. Maybe this is just what they needed.

Yeah a 40 year old ageing driver who hasnt won a championship for 4 years should be just the ticket.
[Post edited 1 Feb 11:18]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:19 - Feb 1 with 1678 viewsSparky85

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:18 - Feb 1 by blueasfook

Yeah a 40 year old ageing driver who hasnt won a championship for 4 years should be just the ticket.

He is still up there with the best on the grid! Regardless of the car.

I was aiming more at his experience and what he can bring to the team in knowledge and strategy, not just driving ability.
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:30 - Feb 1 with 1599 viewsTootingTown

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:18 - Feb 1 by Sparky85

Yes, he will be 40 by the time this comes round. Agree its likely his last chance and has nothing to lose.

I can't see any other driver other than Lando if Merc want a statement replacement. Will come at a significant cost, but probably worth it. They could possibly look at Piastri.

The only other alternative option I can see Mercedes going with is someone like Ocon, as I think Toto is his manager.
But I think that depends on whether they see Russell as a team leader yet.
[Post edited 1 Feb 11:31]
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:59 - Feb 1 with 1503 viewsRadlett_blue

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 11:18 - Feb 1 by Sparky85

Indeed, little to lose as if Lewis is going to be in a car that is unlikely to win races, he might as well get paid humongous amounts of money to drive it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 12:30 - Feb 1 with 1416 viewsmatteoblue

It's about time they automated the cars as the drivers don't really offer anything. They could still stick little heads on the cars to make you think they're doing something.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 12:50 - Feb 1 with 1367 viewsJon_456

3 years*

Everyone knows he won the 2021 WC despite what the FIA manufactured.

And no, I’m not still bitter about it..
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 12:55 - Feb 1 with 1348 viewsPlums

I bet Sky are fumin'.

Their first big confected day of the year overshadowed by Lewis. It's hard not to laugh

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 13:04 - Feb 1 with 1307 viewspointofblue

Couldn't he have waited until tomorrow? Irritating, watching the deadline day coverage, and having this take over every ten minutes.

(First world problems).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 13:15 - Feb 1 with 1257 viewsNedPlimpton

3 years*

And I.dont think there's a driver in the world that could have beaten Verstappen in that car
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 13:57 - Feb 1 with 1163 viewsBloomBlue

Final big pay day to poodle around in the red ferrari and occasionally finishing in the top 3 of an F1 race.
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 13:57 - Feb 1 with 1158 viewsstonojnr

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 13:04 - Feb 1 by pointofblue

Couldn't he have waited until tomorrow? Irritating, watching the deadline day coverage, and having this take over every ten minutes.

(First world problems).

It helpfully buries the bad news that F1 delivered to Andretti yesterday, which would likely have been THE story till the first race.

If Lewis was that keen to join Ferrari, why not sign for 2024 ? his deal with Merc was at an end, instead he signed for 2 years, or a 1 year with break clauses with Merc after months of wrangling, for what reason ? Plus it screws both Merc & Ferraris 2024 seasons. He said he wanted to become an ambassador for Merc when he retired.

Even if it is true and the longer there's no official denials the more likely its so, 2025 last year of these current regs, 2026 they're building new cars and new engines, everyone in 2025 should have got to grips with their Red Bull clones then. He isn't likely to win a championship at a new team in season 1, it will take 2-3 seasons to get there assuming Ferrari don't muck it up as they've done consistently since the Schumacher era, and LeClerc who is I believe a stronger quicker driver than George Russell.

It's not a move that makes sense for any of the parties involved.
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 14:28 - Feb 1 with 1101 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 16:18 - Feb 1 with 1018 viewsElephantintheRoom

The company car will be an upgrade and its an easier commute from the tax dodgers’ retreat of Harlow on Med

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 20:24 - Feb 1 with 920 viewsstonojnr

Now confirmed, will be very interesting to see how this season plays out now at both Mercedes & Ferrari
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 16:40 - Feb 2 with 791 viewsford6600

He had to drive for Ferrari before he retired, with benefit of hindsight l bet he wished he had joined in 2022. Hope he hasn't lost too much one lap speed, he should enjoy a season or two there and outside chance of winning a 'ninth' title. l'm sure MV will also look to drive for Ferrari at some point in the future. l wonder if the move by Hamilton to Ferrari in 2025 will actually be brought forward at some point during the latter stages of this 2024 season?
Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari! on 16:51 - Feb 2 with 758 viewsCotty

Imagine calling your son Lando
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024