Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I got two texts during the match today.... 21:24 - Jan 27 with 3710 viewsBloots

...one said:

"Aluko's brain is writing cheques that his body can't cash"

The other one said:

"You lot are crap"

My mates have varied levels of intellect.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I got two texts during the match today.... on 21:33 - Jan 27 with 3300 viewsCheltenham_Blue

And one is seemingly a big Top Gun fan.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I got two texts during the match today.... on 21:35 - Jan 27 with 3269 viewsMullet

"mates"

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Alright, "People who have my phone number". (n/t) on 21:38 - Jan 27 with 3225 viewsBloots

I got two texts during the match today.... on 21:35 - Jan 27 by Mullet

"mates"

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I got two texts during the match today.... on 22:18 - Jan 27 with 3094 viewsJeff_winger

He does have a history of high speed passes over 5 control towers and 1 admirals daughter .

I can't believe we have to give him a shot at top gun
I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:18 - Jan 27 with 2878 viewsGlasgowBlue

Aluko ran out of steam on 45 minutes but he put a sublime ball through to Broadhead which put him one on one with the keeper. If Broadhead could finish the way the Maidstone striker did in the same position then we’d be talking about his assist.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:26 - Jan 27 with 2829 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations on getting a signal.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:26 - Jan 27 with 2829 viewsIllinoisblue

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:18 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

Aluko ran out of steam on 45 minutes but he put a sublime ball through to Broadhead which put him one on one with the keeper. If Broadhead could finish the way the Maidstone striker did in the same position then we’d be talking about his assist.

“Same position” doing a lot of heavy lifting there!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:29 - Jan 27 with 2798 viewsGlasgowBlue

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:26 - Jan 27 by Illinoisblue

“Same position” doing a lot of heavy lifting there!

In fairness their keeper was quicker off his line than Walton which did narrow the angle. But my point re Aluko stands. He wasn’t as poor as being made out. Played some lovely balls in the early stages but time has caught up with him. He has 30 good minutes in him at best.

Some of the stuff I’m reading about him on other threads are completely over the top.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:45 - Jan 27 with 2698 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I made the mistake of going out tonight. The general consensus was we played well for 15 minutes and then played walking football for the rest of the game, being well beaten by a non league team with a better keeper, defence and forwards than we did, we won’t go up and aside from the kids from Brighton and Chelsea we were one of the worst teams they’ve seen in years. All hype, non substance and no risk of losing McKenna after that. “He’s clueless”

So yeah, work on Monday will be similar. It’s a national humiliation and probably our worst result historically.
I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:50 - Jan 27 with 2659 viewsChurchman

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:29 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness their keeper was quicker off his line than Walton which did narrow the angle. But my point re Aluko stands. He wasn’t as poor as being made out. Played some lovely balls in the early stages but time has caught up with him. He has 30 good minutes in him at best.

Some of the stuff I’m reading about him on other threads are completely over the top.

Generous. I thought after 20 mins he’d swapped his boots for lead ones. Not his fault. It happens. The great Peter Osgood was washed up at 26.
I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:54 - Jan 27 with 2628 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:45 - Jan 27 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I made the mistake of going out tonight. The general consensus was we played well for 15 minutes and then played walking football for the rest of the game, being well beaten by a non league team with a better keeper, defence and forwards than we did, we won’t go up and aside from the kids from Brighton and Chelsea we were one of the worst teams they’ve seen in years. All hype, non substance and no risk of losing McKenna after that. “He’s clueless”

So yeah, work on Monday will be similar. It’s a national humiliation and probably our worst result historically.

Or football banter...ffs get some perspective!

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:56 - Jan 27 with 2617 viewstextbackup

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:54 - Jan 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Or football banter...ffs get some perspective!

I’m sick of seeing perspective chucked around.

Why don’t you care about that today? Why are you talking down to those that do?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I got two texts during the match today.... on 01:36 - Jan 28 with 2515 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

You've been listening to Radio 2!
I got two texts during the match today.... on 06:08 - Jan 28 with 2388 viewsbluebudgie

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:56 - Jan 27 by textbackup

He talks down to everyone who doesn't agree with him!
I got two texts during the match today.... on 07:30 - Jan 28 with 2267 viewsPioneerBlue

I’ve never been able to use my connected device at PR. It’s a web and network dead zone.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Alright, "People who have my phone number". (n/t) on 08:14 - Jan 28 with 2134 viewsMullet

Alright, "People who have my phone number". (n/t) on 21:38 - Jan 27 by Bloots

That's better.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I got two texts during the match today.... on 08:15 - Jan 28 with 2122 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:56 - Jan 27 by textbackup

You can care about the result but also realise it was just one of those things that can happen in sport.

I got two texts during the match today.... on 09:22 - Jan 28 with 1918 viewsMK1

Someone who has my phone number just put, "See you Monday".
I got two texts during the match today.... on 09:30 - Jan 28 with 1868 viewsParky

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:18 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

Aluko ran out of steam in the warm up. They were doing attacking drills with all forward players involved and Aluko missed out every other run-through because he was absolutely blowing to get back in ‘position’.
Great - we’re allowed to have mates now!, mine texted on 09:33 - Jan 28 with 1856 viewsunstableblue

‘Ouch’

‘Magic of the cup’

‘You lost to Maidenhead!’

‘Watched it, how the f@ck did you lose’

I could go on…

Love the 3rd one
[Post edited 28 Jan 9:42]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Great - we’re allowed to have mates now!, (n/t) on 09:33 - Jan 28 with 1852 viewsunstableblue

I got two texts during the match today.... on 09:36 - Jan 28 with 1822 viewsHerbivore

I got two texts during the match today.... on 23:45 - Jan 27 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Think we can chalk this one up under things that didn't happen.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I got two texts during the match today.... on 09:37 - Jan 28 with 1819 viewshoppy

I got two texts during the match today.... on 09:22 - Jan 28 by MK1

Someone who has my phone number just put, "See you Monday".

Did you reply with, no, see you next Tuesday?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

And here’s another one on 11:15 - Jan 28 with 1620 viewsunstableblue

Great - we’re allowed to have mates now!, mine texted on 09:33 - Jan 28 by unstableblue

‘Ouch’

‘Magic of the cup’

I could go on…

Love the 3rd one

“Just seen the highlights. So unreal you didn’t win”

From a Forest fan!

Great - we’re allowed to have mates now!, mine texted on 11:40 - Jan 28 with 1563 viewsstrikalite

Great - we’re allowed to have mates now!, mine texted on 09:33 - Jan 28 by unstableblue

‘Ouch’

‘Magic of the cup’

I could go on…

Love the 3rd one

I got one straight after the game which was just " Maidstone, seriously!?"...

Tried to somehow justify it by pointing out we had 78% possession, over 30 attempts to their two which they scored from...

BUT, I will say that it should have been a game to really get amongst the goals and get the confidence of doing that up ready for the remaining league games..

It is what it is as they say, Monday morning should be fun, out of the woodwork they come..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024