Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Taylor 14:53 - Jan 27 with 2861 viewsMiaow

If I were to type what I think of his refereeing performance today, it would most likely be removed.

Not that he was the sole reason we lost. We were so close to scoring on a number of occasions and arguably were unlucky, but ultimately some individuals were not good enough today.

We’ve been doing unbelievably well but that is a shameful defeat. So embarrassing.

Congratulations to Maidstone and their supporters.
[Post edited 27 Jan 17:30]

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Anthony Taylor on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 2343 viewsPinewoodblue

Weak referee making allowance for the different skill levels.

However take nothing from Maidstone they rode their luck and their keeper played the game of his life.

The result might do us a favour. No one in their right mind, unless an Ipswich fan, will take us as serious promotion candidates.

Pressure on Ashton to get a decent striker over the line before the window closes.

Shame we have to wait a week before our next game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anthony Taylor on 15:20 - Jan 27 with 2237 viewsEastTownBlue

Would see a lot more of him if we got promoted.
Anthony Taylor on 15:21 - Jan 27 with 2208 viewsbilllm

Anthony Taylor on 15:20 - Jan 27 by EastTownBlue

Would see a lot more of him if we got promoted.

That won't be a worry then,
Anthony Taylor on 15:22 - Jan 27 with 2183 viewsWickets

Yup let's blame the Ref !
Anthony Taylor on 15:31 - Jan 27 with 2124 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anthony Taylor on 15:22 - Jan 27 by Wickets

Being fair, we should of had a pen and their second goal should have been disallowed.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anthony Taylor on 15:34 - Jan 27 with 2076 viewsHerbivore

He didn't miss countless chances so it's not his fault, but he did miss a clear foul that led to their second goal and a penalty for us. Thought he was very poor and despite our own shortcomings, if he'd done his job properly the upset wouldn't have happened.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anthony Taylor on 15:35 - Jan 27 with 2071 viewsChocorange

Anthony Taylor on 15:31 - Jan 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

Being fair, we should of had a pen and their second goal should have been disallowed.

Two big decisions both against us , that’s a 2 goal difference ti the score he has made… diabolical for a so called top official
Anthony Taylor on 15:35 - Jan 27 with 2063 viewsRadlett_blue

Anthony Taylor on 15:02 - Jan 27 by Pinewoodblue

Weak referee making allowance for the different skill levels.

However take nothing from Maidstone they rode their luck and their keeper played the game of his life.

The result might do us a favour. No one in their right mind, unless an Ipswich fan, will take us as serious promotion candidates.

Pressure on Ashton to get a decent striker over the line before the window closes.

Shame we have to wait a week before our next game.

Given the weaknesses in our squad right now, I'm happy we don't have a game for a week & probably a good thing we don't have a replay to face against Maidstone. Sad that probably the most shocking upset in Town's history has come during the near invincible McKenna reign (and do, I have no quibbles with his team selection, assuming that Aluko was only starting because we had no-one else).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Anthony Taylor on 15:36 - Jan 27 with 2057 viewsMiaow

He didn’t give a blatant free kick for a pull of the shirt from one of their players that happened about ten yards away from him and they then went on towards goal and scored the winner.

He gave them free kicks for fouls that weren’t fouls but wouldn’t do the same for us.

I haven’t even seen the Edmundson incident back but the report on here says it was a penalty.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Anthony Taylor on 15:37 - Jan 27 with 2037 viewspointofblue

Anthony Taylor on 15:35 - Jan 27 by Radlett_blue

Given the weaknesses in our squad right now, I'm happy we don't have a game for a week & probably a good thing we don't have a replay to face against Maidstone. Sad that probably the most shocking upset in Town's history has come during the near invincible McKenna reign (and do, I have no quibbles with his team selection, assuming that Aluko was only starting because we had no-one else).

I wish we had rearranged Rotherham for Tuesday, so we could get today out of our system.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anthony Taylor on 15:38 - Jan 27 with 2015 viewscressi

Can't blame the ref we have had 3 weeks to get strikers in let one go we boasted we had 700 million in the summer and here we are 5 days to go buying a striker in poundland embarrassing.
Anthony Taylor on 15:38 - Jan 27 with 2014 viewsCuffy81

He refereed the occasion, rather than the game.

Edmundson was a stone wall pen
Anthony Taylor on 15:38 - Jan 27 with 1996 viewsbilllm

Anthony Taylor on 15:34 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

He didn't miss countless chances so it's not his fault, but he did miss a clear foul that led to their second goal and a penalty for us. Thought he was very poor and despite our own shortcomings, if he'd done his job properly the upset wouldn't have happened.

We're not ready to go up yet, we need to wheel and deal probably 4 more windows because of ffp,
Anthony Taylor on 15:40 - Jan 27 with 1982 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Yeah booking Edmundson for diving after it was a foul was laughable.

Ultimately it was lost because we couldn’t convert our early chances, we had them boxed in but we may have been better to let them play a bit and counter but we should have forwards good enough to find their way against bricklayers and postmen.
Anthony Taylor on 16:31 - Jan 27 with 1821 viewsNutkins_Return

We shouldn't have needed him to ref the game well and should have won regardless.

But if he had reffed the game well we would almost certainly be safely through and saying "that was a struggle and well done to Maidstone for staying in it". That's his job and whilst it's a great story it shouldn't have happened.
Anthony Taylor on 16:36 - Jan 27 with 1782 viewsLankHenners

Shouldn't be in a position where we're arguing that a ref not being a helmet would have changed the game as we should have won despite that, but having seen Taylor in the flesh for the first time, I can understand why Jose Mourinho tried to have him killed.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anthony Taylor on 16:47 - Jan 27 with 1713 viewsnrb1985

some plonker on here called him the best ref in the country earlier in the week.
Anthony Taylor on 16:52 - Jan 27 with 1661 viewsronnyd

Anthony Taylor on 16:47 - Jan 27 by nrb1985

some plonker on here called him the best ref in the country earlier in the week.

The bar is pretty low TBF.
Anthony Taylor on 17:18 - Jan 27 with 1575 viewsPlums

Anthony Taylor on 16:36 - Jan 27 by LankHenners

Shouldn't be in a position where we're arguing that a ref not being a helmet would have changed the game as we should have won despite that, but having seen Taylor in the flesh for the first time, I can understand why Jose Mourinho tried to have him killed.

That's a disgusting comment

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anthony Taylor on 17:33 - Jan 27 with 1485 viewsJuggsy

These ‘top’ refs have a VAR comfort blanket every week. Looks like a classic case of skill fade to me as he’s forgotten how to make decisions without it.
Anthony Taylor on 17:44 - Jan 27 with 1416 viewspointofblue

Anthony Taylor on 17:33 - Jan 27 by Juggsy

These ‘top’ refs have a VAR comfort blanket every week. Looks like a classic case of skill fade to me as he’s forgotten how to make decisions without it.

I don't think English officials are much cop with or without VAR, to be honest.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anthony Taylor on 17:50 - Jan 27 with 1367 viewsWickets

No argument from me on that but we should still have e had too much for a national league side . We lost because of very poor finishing a d honestly after the first 20 minutes we forgot how we play , pass and move movement off the ball is very very important to our game we fell I to the trap of several players thinking they win it on their own .
Anthony Taylor on 17:55 - Jan 27 with 1338 viewsPlums

Anthony Taylor on 17:44 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

I don't think English officials are much cop with or without VAR, to be honest.

There are plenty of opportunities to change things
https://www.suffolkfa.com/referee/development-and-courses/the-fa-referees-course

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Anthony Taylor on 17:59 - Jan 27 with 1295 viewsiamatractorboy

Anthony Taylor on 15:35 - Jan 27 by Chocorange

Two big decisions both against us , that’s a 2 goal difference ti the score he has made… diabolical for a so called top official

You're presuming we would have scored the pen. Their keeper was inspired today and probably would have saved it!!
Anthony Taylor on 18:01 - Jan 27 with 1278 viewsnorfsufblue

Those who think that monumentally bad decision did not affect the course of that game know very little about the game.... it created only their 2nd shot which was successful.... routine foul given , we retain possession and they probably don't get another chance...... im disappointed but not going to let on of only 8 bad days in 13 months ruin my pride at what has happened over that period.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024