Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Taylor 14:53 - Jan 27 with 2881 viewsMiaow

If I were to type what I think of his refereeing performance today, it would most likely be removed.

Not that he was the sole reason we lost. We were so close to scoring on a number of occasions and arguably were unlucky, but ultimately some individuals were not good enough today.

We’ve been doing unbelievably well but that is a shameful defeat. So embarrassing.

Congratulations to Maidstone and their supporters.
[Post edited 27 Jan 17:30]

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Anthony Taylor on 18:07 - Jan 27 with 413 viewsRamRob

Anthony Taylor on 17:50 - Jan 27 by Wickets

No argument from me on that but we should still have e had too much for a national league side . We lost because of very poor finishing a d honestly after the first 20 minutes we forgot how we play , pass and move movement off the ball is very very important to our game we fell I to the trap of several players thinking they win it on their own .

IMO we didn't win the game because we didn't put away our chances, but we definitely lost the game because of a very poor moment from the officials. It was 1-1 when Sarmiento was fouled.
The 2nd goal enabled them to put everyone behind the ball without having to think about attacking. Maybe that would've been the same if the foul was given and they held out for a draw, if not we would have probably had some more clear cut chances to get a winner ourselves. But we lost because the ref missed a blatant foul.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Anthony Taylor on 18:25 - Jan 27 with 367 viewsEly_Blue

Anthony Taylor on 15:20 - Jan 27 by EastTownBlue

Would see a lot more of him if we got promoted.

The difference is VAR rules out their 2nd for the foul and probably gives us a penalty for the foul on Fridge

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anthony Taylor on 18:40 - Jan 27 with 348 viewsdissboy2

Anthony Taylor on 15:02 - Jan 27 by Pinewoodblue

Weak referee making allowance for the different skill levels.

However take nothing from Maidstone they rode their luck and their keeper played the game of his life.

The result might do us a favour. No one in their right mind, unless an Ipswich fan, will take us as serious promotion candidates.

Pressure on Ashton to get a decent striker over the line before the window closes.

Shame we have to wait a week before our next game.

any ceo of any club watching that could see we're badly in need of a striker or two and that might push the price up.
Anthony Taylor on 18:55 - Jan 27 with 310 viewsbadadski

Anthony Taylor on 17:59 - Jan 27 by iamatractorboy

You're presuming we would have scored the pen. Their keeper was inspired today and probably would have saved it!!

I don’t think their keeper was inspired - more our finishing was crap, apart from broadhead one
On one where I thought every striker says most scored goals come from through the legs due to keepers making them selves as big as possible, everything else was at him and should be saved.
Anthony Taylor on 19:03 - Jan 27 with 292 viewsRadlett_blue

Anthony Taylor on 18:55 - Jan 27 by badadski

I don’t think their keeper was inspired - more our finishing was crap, apart from broadhead one
On one where I thought every striker says most scored goals come from through the legs due to keepers making them selves as big as possible, everything else was at him and should be saved.

Indeed, apart from the late header by Burns, most of the saves were ones you would expect most keepers to make.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anthony Taylor on 19:04 - Jan 27 with 289 viewspointofblue

Anthony Taylor on 18:55 - Jan 27 by badadski

Agreed - Maidstone didn't need to do much and didn't. We made it very easy for them with our finishing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024