Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broady can play up top 21:57 - Jan 22 with 2229 viewsNutkins_Return

Sarmiento and Hutchinson were different class. Taylor really good. Broady can just get his foot on the ball and bring others into the game (admittedly he should have passed the first one to Burns) but he gets in those pockets and gets on the ball. Think he can do that role.
Broady can play up top on 22:00 - Jan 22 with 2158 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think he's lost his 10 to sarmiento. Bloke oozes quality
To good for the bench i think.

So get moore. A youngster then broady and Jackson as options.

But nice to have options in the 10 role.
[Post edited 22 Jan 22:01]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Broady can play up top on 22:02 - Jan 22 with 2113 viewsJuggsy

Broadheads football brain seems to have gone backwards the last few months. Looks a bit low on confidence.
Broady can play up top on 22:04 - Jan 22 with 2036 viewstextbackup

Shame NB didn’t twice notice Burns in loads of space to his right

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Broady can play up top on 22:06 - Jan 22 with 1961 viewsSwansea_Blue

Broady can play up top on 22:02 - Jan 22 by Juggsy

Broadheads football brain seems to have gone backwards the last few months. Looks a bit low on confidence.

Yeah, he was very wasteful. Three good opportunities went begging before he found Mass leading up to the goal. Things aren’t coming off for him now compared to early in the season. But he kept plugging away, which is good. He’s very much a last resort striker imo, and I doubt we’ll see him there again once we get a number 9 in the building.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Broady can play up top on 22:06 - Jan 22 with 1961 viewsNthQldITFC

Broady can play up top on 22:02 - Jan 22 by Juggsy

Apart from not passing when he should have done a few times today, he was great. Came short and held the ball up well, the twinkletoes in the box and drew the defenders for the goal.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Broady can play up top on 22:29 - Jan 22 with 1798 viewsNutkins_Return

Broady can play up top on 22:06 - Jan 22 by NthQldITFC

Apart from not passing when he should have done a few times today, he was great. Came short and held the ball up well, the twinkletoes in the box and drew the defenders for the goal.

Agree. Strikers and players that make things happen will have things not come off. That's why Kevin De Bruyne always says he has no interest in his pass accuracy stats. I think the second time Broadhead shot he was right to. No striker passes that one up. First one he absolutely has to pass.

But our options increased with the ball a lot more with Broadhead's movement and ability to manipulate the ball
[Post edited 22 Jan 22:30]
Broady can play up top on 22:39 - Jan 22 with 1715 viewsWestcountryblue

Broady can play up top on 22:00 - Jan 22 by FrimleyBlue

Think he's lost his 10 to sarmiento. Bloke oozes quality
To good for the bench i think.

So get moore. A youngster then broady and Jackson as options.

But nice to have options in the 10 role.
[Post edited 22 Jan 22:01]

Sarmiento is 100% too good for the bench. He needs to start from here on in.

I'd also like to see us start Hutchinson over Burns, physicality aside, he is a superior player in all departments.
Broady can play up top on 22:42 - Jan 22 with 1672 viewsSimonds92

Thought he looked good in that role when he came on and could definitely do a job if required, we've still got to be bringing in 2 more strikers though haven't we.
Login to get fewer ads

Broady can play up top on 22:43 - Jan 22 with 1654 viewscbower

This^^^^^

bluescouser

Broady can play up top on 22:44 - Jan 22 with 1623 viewsvilanovablue

Broady can play up top on 22:29 - Jan 22 by Nutkins_Return

Agree. Strikers and players that make things happen will have things not come off. That's why Kevin De Bruyne always says he has no interest in his pass accuracy stats. I think the second time Broadhead shot he was right to. No striker passes that one up. First one he absolutely has to pass.

But our options increased with the ball a lot more with Broadhead's movement and ability to manipulate the ball
[Post edited 22 Jan 22:30]

I think your last sentence nails it. Teams worry about him and he's got good feet, causes issues.
Broady can play up top on 22:44 - Jan 22 with 1614 viewsLeoMuff

Broady can play up top on 22:39 - Jan 22 by Westcountryblue

I'd also like to see us start Hutchinson over Burns, physicality aside, he is a superior player in all departments.

Think Burns could do the Clarke role if Hutchinson was moved to the right.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Broady can play up top on 22:45 - Jan 22 with 1602 viewstractorboy1978

Broady can play up top on 22:04 - Jan 22 by textbackup

Shame NB didn’t twice notice Burns in loads of space to his right

It was, but he made a big difference with Sarmiento and Hutchinson when he came on. We had a player up front then that could actually link up and play football.
Broady can play up top on 22:49 - Jan 22 with 1547 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Broady can play up top on 23:06 - Jan 22 with 1427 viewsStewart27

I hate to say it but he would probably be better suited replacing Chappers on tonight’s showing from Hutch/Burns/Chappers
Broady can play up top on 23:12 - Jan 22 with 1367 viewsWestcountryblue

Broady can play up top on 23:06 - Jan 22 by Stewart27

I hate to say it but he would probably be better suited replacing Chappers on tonight’s showing from Hutch/Burns/Chappers

Good options to have, but i think we have to get Sarmiento and Hutchinson on the pitch from the start. 2 future multi-million pound Premiership stars. Were we Man City, Arsenal etc, those 2 would start. Just need to have the belief in ourselves and them! McKenna got it spot on tonight though, proper rope dope tactics at play.

With Morsy and Luongo as the enforcers, we can go with Sarmiento, Chaplin, Hutchinson.

All eyes on Ashton now. A quality centre forward or 2 and we are there as a side.
[Post edited 22 Jan 23:15]
Broady can play up top on 06:49 - Jan 23 with 1129 viewsSimonds92

Re. Your second paragraph, no, he's not anywhere near as effective as Burns. The odd cameo where he looks good vs the huge body of work we've seen from Wes. We missed Burns for a few weeks and there was a massive drop off. Baffling how underrated he is.
Broady can play up top on 07:04 - Jan 23 with 1068 viewsPioneerBlue

It’s a big conclusion to draw based on one game where we are chasing a goal at 70mins to say we go with OH and JS for all games. Not saying it doesn’t happen, only how we attack the game depends on opposition and moment in time.

Wes Burns took L1 by storm and has delivered consistently in the Champ. He’s not in droppable form either. We’ve not seen OH deliver consistently in the same way as WB (he’s been great for his experience but had often been better off the bench) and we’ve seen 3 glimpses of JS (who is some player)!

I do actually do see us looking to attack off both sides with JS and OH at times but game state will most likely determine this rather than an adopted way of playing in every situ. IMHO.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Broady can play up top on 16:09 - Jan 23 with 882 viewsNutkins_Return

Broady can play up top on 07:04 - Jan 23 by PioneerBlue

It’s a big conclusion to draw based on one game where we are chasing a goal at 70mins to say we go with OH and JS for all games. Not saying it doesn’t happen, only how we attack the game depends on opposition and moment in time.

Wes Burns took L1 by storm and has delivered consistently in the Champ. He’s not in droppable form either. We’ve not seen OH deliver consistently in the same way as WB (he’s been great for his experience but had often been better off the bench) and we’ve seen 3 glimpses of JS (who is some player)!

I do actually do see us looking to attack off both sides with JS and OH at times but game state will most likely determine this rather than an adopted way of playing in every situ. IMHO.

It will be horses for courses. No chance hutch just suddenly takes Burns place..short memories of how we missed Burns!

Burns has been too class this season. Plays the role differently but he Burns attributes are perfect to that position and how we use it. Defence and attack.

Hutch is brilliant against tiring legs when the press beginning full force or for unlocking a low block.

Sarmiento looks a more finished article and physically bigger etc. Could see him starting and broadband upfront next game.
Broady can play up top on 17:02 - Jan 23 with 722 viewsNthQldITFC

Important to add that Jackson's work in running Volte Face (or whatever his name is) and his mate around for 60 minutes was crucial to giving Broady a little more time and space to work in later on I suspect.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Broady can play up top on 17:12 - Jan 23 with 682 viewsNutkins_Return

Broady can play up top on 17:02 - Jan 23 by NthQldITFC

Important to add that Jackson's work in running Volte Face (or whatever his name is) and his mate around for 60 minutes was crucial to giving Broady a little more time and space to work in later on I suspect.

Have an uppy for 'Volte face' haha..was this what that guy phoning in called him? 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024