Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So with no new striker likely before Leicester 11:00 - Jan 19 with 3001 viewsWallingford_Boy

Is Burns an option up top?

He’s physical, can finish, certainly a better option than Broadhead up there and with no other striker on the books, worth a punt?

Maybe such a crucial game isn’t the time to try such a move, but just an idea.

RIP Sir Bobby

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:01 - Jan 19 with 2626 viewsjayessess

Why not just go with the striker who scored and performed well in our last fixture?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:07 - Jan 19 with 2574 viewsStokieBlue

We all know you hate Jackson but given his performance in the last game this is a stupid post even for you.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:08 - Jan 19 with 2551 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It will, and should be, Jackson.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:09 - Jan 19 with 2540 viewsWallingford_Boy

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:07 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

We all know you hate Jackson but given his performance in the last game this is a stupid post even for you.

SB

Not sure Jackson will cut it against the likes of Leicester! Lol

Don’t know if Burns has ever played up top, but just an idea.

RIP Sir Bobby

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:10 - Jan 19 with 2513 viewsStokieBlue

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:09 - Jan 19 by Wallingford_Boy

So someone who has never played as a CF will cut it better than someone who is a CF and played well against the team in 6th?

Honestly, this Jackson hatred has been pathetic for years.

SB

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:12 - Jan 19 with 2475 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seem to recall Jackson played very well when he came on against them.

Also played well and scored in his last match.

Cant see him being dropped, and not sure why he would be.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 2449 views_clive_baker_

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:01 - Jan 19 by jayessess

Why not just go with the striker who scored and performed well in our last fixture?

These far fetched suggestions are ludicrous.

Leicester feels like a bit of a game to 'get through', we all know how strong they've been. Under any circumstances it's a tough game, not made any easier due to a lack of forward options, having Morsy suspended, Hirst & Luongo injured and Burgess away. Still, they're not at full strength either and coming off the back of a rare defeat, it'll be interesting to see how they respond. We took something from them at home recently, so you never know, we just need to stay in the game. Jackson is quite capable of doing a job up there, as he did at home to Leicester, as is Broadhead as an option. There's no reason at all to deviate from that.

After Leicester we get Morsy back, likely have another forward or 2 into the squad, and the best part of 2 weeks before our next league game with a (on paper at least) kinder run of fixtures. Feels like a chance to hit reset a little bit. Any sort of result at the King Power would be a good way to go into that.
So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 2433 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:09 - Jan 19 by Wallingford_Boy

Jackson played very well up front against Leicester a few weeks ago.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:15 - Jan 19 with 2398 viewschicoazul

Start with Jackson finish with Broadhead

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:22 - Jan 19 with 2308 viewsSuperblue95

I don’t rate Jackson very highly but he played well against Sunderland so it would be stupid to drop him now, especially when we need to keep his confidence up as he’s going to be needed for the rest of the season.

Also, Leicester are going to take the game to us meaning there will be gaps in behind that his pace may be able to exploit.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:24 - Jan 19 with 2291 viewsNthQldITFC

Jackson is in many ways an ideal No. 9 to start against Leicester (speed on the break, excellent stamina for closing down) if you consider the role in the team and the context of the game rather than the attributes of the individual in isolation, particularly if you are of the school of thought that a No. 9 needs to be 'a big, strong lump who can get on the end ov stuff slung into the box', (which I'm not saying you are as you've suggested Burns).

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:02 - Jan 19 with 2100 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns was a striker at Bristol apparently so altho I don't agree with that option It does at least have a little sense about it IF emergency selection was required.
[Post edited 19 Jan 13:32]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:13 - Jan 19 with 2024 viewsblueislander

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:02 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

Burns was a striker at Bristol apparently so altho I don't agree with that option It does at least have a little sense about it IF emergency selection was required.

That is becoming a phrase you use a lot. In the case of Wally I think it is fair enough as he is constantly downing Jackson. Much like you and Burns.
So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:27 - Jan 19 with 1952 viewsStokieBlue

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:02 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

As always you've totally ignored context.

Historical posting shouldn't be ignored when responding to a clearly narrative driven post. Wally has posted awfully about Jackson for many years and this is another clear example.

People are rightly fed up with it.

SB

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:28 - Jan 19 with 1945 viewsFrimleyBlue

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:13 - Jan 19 by blueislander

That is becoming a phrase you use a lot. In the case of Wally I think it is fair enough as he is constantly downing Jackson. Much like you and Burns.

As said. He suggested a player move like another poster did. That shouldn't automatically lead to insults just because he's in the past shared views that many agree with whilst some don't.

Waka waka eh eh

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:36 - Jan 19 with 1877 viewsblueislander

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:28 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

As said. He suggested a player move like another poster did. That shouldn't automatically lead to insults just because he's in the past shared views that many agree with whilst some don't.

The point is that Wally always posts negatively about Jackson. Can’t you see that? Similarly when you post negatively about Burns with the same regularity.
Yeah, I’d go with either Burns…. on 12:37 - Jan 19 with 1856 viewsBloots

….or Woolfenden.

Maybe Walton at a push.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:46 - Jan 19 with 1737 viewsFrimleyBlue

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:36 - Jan 19 by blueislander

The point is that Wally always posts negatively about Jackson. Can’t you see that? Similarly when you post negatively about Burns with the same regularity.

I don't see anything In the OP for people to get worked up about no.

Waka waka eh eh

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 12:48 - Jan 19 with 1720 viewsJon_456

Ignoring the whole Jackson part..

In what world is Burns a better option up front than Broadhead?
So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 13:06 - Jan 19 with 1427 viewsArnieM

OP: clearly it will be Jackson!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 13:08 - Jan 19 with 1411 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can't believe people are overlooking Bluey. He's put in his stint on the sidelines, so surely it's about time we unleashed the, er, horse?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 13:17 - Jan 19 with 1347 viewsgainsboroughblue

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:13 - Jan 19 by _clive_baker_

These far fetched suggestions are ludicrous.

Leicester feels like a bit of a game to 'get through', we all know how strong they've been. Under any circumstances it's a tough game, not made any easier due to a lack of forward options, having Morsy suspended, Hirst & Luongo injured and Burgess away. Still, they're not at full strength either and coming off the back of a rare defeat, it'll be interesting to see how they respond. We took something from them at home recently, so you never know, we just need to stay in the game. Jackson is quite capable of doing a job up there, as he did at home to Leicester, as is Broadhead as an option. There's no reason at all to deviate from that.

After Leicester we get Morsy back, likely have another forward or 2 into the squad, and the best part of 2 weeks before our next league game with a (on paper at least) kinder run of fixtures. Feels like a chance to hit reset a little bit. Any sort of result at the King Power would be a good way to go into that.

Don't know why, but I've got a feeling we'll snatch a win at Leicester.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 13:20 - Jan 19 with 1328 viewsblueasfook

I've emailed the club this morning offering my services. I once scored a pearl of a goal in off Pongy Jones's jumper. I reckon I could do a turn up front. I'll probably need subbing after about 2 minutes though.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 13:21 - Jan 19 with 1307 viewspositivity

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:24 - Jan 19 by NthQldITFC

Jackson is in many ways an ideal No. 9 to start against Leicester (speed on the break, excellent stamina for closing down) if you consider the role in the team and the context of the game rather than the attributes of the individual in isolation, particularly if you are of the school of thought that a No. 9 needs to be 'a big, strong lump who can get on the end ov stuff slung into the box', (which I'm not saying you are as you've suggested Burns).

exactly, mckenna has often used jackson in these games, he's the go to striker away against the top teams, where his speed on the break is a key attribute

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 13:26 - Jan 19 with 1244 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

So with no new striker likely before Leicester on 11:10 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

So someone who has never played as a CF will cut it better than someone who is a CF and played well against the team in 6th?

Honestly, this Jackson hatred has been pathetic for years.

SB

To be fair it worked for Micky Stockwell!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024