Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. 11:34 - Jan 19 with 3661 viewssmithy69

New players incoming without a shadow of a doubt

No way that Ladapo is going without a replacement already sorted

Today could be a really exciting day
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:39 - Jan 19 with 2999 viewsKieran_Knows

How so? Maybe I've lived on a different planet these past few months but Ladapo has been nothing more than a bit part player since the summer. McKenna was bringing on Scarlett ahead of him at times, and only last weekend he played Jackson up top, took him off and put Broadhead up top and then took him off and put Harness up top!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:39 - Jan 19 with 2989 viewsJ2BLUE

He might be. Jackson and Broadhead can cover until we bring someone in.

Let's hope something is moving though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:40 - Jan 19 with 2977 viewsnorfsufblue

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:42 - Jan 19 with 2929 viewssmithy69

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:39 - Jan 19 by Kieran_Knows

How so? Maybe I've lived on a different planet these past few months but Ladapo has been nothing more than a bit part player since the summer. McKenna was bringing on Scarlett ahead of him at times, and only last weekend he played Jackson up top, took him off and put Broadhead up top and then took him off and put Harness up top!

With Scarlett going - in my opinion there is no way Ladapo is going without a replacement already sorted

KM isn’t going to get rid of Ladapo without someone coming in. Imagine if Jackson is injured in training or vs Leicester

We would have no striker avaible in our squad barring a good prospect who is good for 10 mins a match. I don’t think he fancies Broadhead up top at all
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:42 - Jan 19 with 2916 viewstextbackup

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:39 - Jan 19 by Kieran_Knows

We played a kid that’s been injured as fck ahead of him 😂😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:46 - Jan 19 with 2857 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:42 - Jan 19 by smithy69

With Scarlett going - in my opinion there is no way Ladapo is going without a replacement already sorted

KM isn’t going to get rid of Ladapo without someone coming in. Imagine if Jackson is injured in training or vs Leicester

We would have no striker avaible in our squad barring a good prospect who is good for 10 mins a match. I don’t think he fancies Broadhead up top at all

Yeah we’ve lost Scarlett, Hirst and Ladapo in a month, regardless of form it would be insanity if we were expecting Chaplin, Jackson and Aluko to be our main forward options with Broadhead, who’s not having his best patch, covering.

We know two forwards are coming in, Moore, Stansfield and Gallagher are the players we’ve clearly had attempts at bringing in.
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:46 - Jan 19 with 2847 viewsipswichtillidie

Agree, there will be confirmation of a new striker before the weekend is over.

Gav

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:48 - Jan 19 with 2808 viewspointofblue

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:42 - Jan 19 by smithy69

We only have Leicester left in the league before the transfer window closes. I wouldn't be surprised if we go into that game with just Jackson and Broadhead.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:51 - Jan 19 with 2765 viewstractorshark

100% agree. No matter how average Ladapo has been recently, there’s no way we’d let him go without having something lined up.
You’d want him for bench cover at the very least.
Unfortunately for Freddie the Championship is not really his level. That said, he has been a very good servant and a pivotal part of our promotion but, as other players will find, the further up the ladder we go, the less they will be required.
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:51 - Jan 19 with 2764 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think the point is, it would seem unlikely we would let a striker go unless we bring another in as cover. If, as has happened before we get into an injury crisis, or an outbreak of illness then we will have snookered ourselves.

Additionally if we let Ladapo go, and then don't bring anyone in before Jan 31st there will be a lot of questions asked by fans and also media.

There is some smoke to the OP, but not necessarily a fire yet.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:52 - Jan 19 with 2742 viewsKieran_Knows

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:51 - Jan 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think the point is, it would seem unlikely we would let a striker go unless we bring another in as cover. If, as has happened before we get into an injury crisis, or an outbreak of illness then we will have snookered ourselves.

Additionally if we let Ladapo go, and then don't bring anyone in before Jan 31st there will be a lot of questions asked by fans and also media.

There is some smoke to the OP, but not necessarily a fire yet.

I don't doubt any of that, but we are 3 days away from playing Leicester, so anyone coming in now definitely wouldn't be starting the game and our next league game isn't for another 2 weeks.

We can get through Leicester with Jackson, Broadhead and Harness again if need be I'm sure.

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:53 - Jan 19 with 2694 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:52 - Jan 19 by Kieran_Knows

I don't doubt any of that, but we are 3 days away from playing Leicester, so anyone coming in now definitely wouldn't be starting the game and our next league game isn't for another 2 weeks.

We can get through Leicester with Jackson, Broadhead and Harness again if need be I'm sure.

Where did the OP suggest, we would get someone in today to play against Leicester? The operative term being 'Could'.

I must have missed that, maybe on the same planet as you?
[Post edited 19 Jan 11:54]

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:55 - Jan 19 with 2662 viewsKieran_Knows

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:53 - Jan 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Where did the OP suggest, we would get someone in today to play against Leicester? The operative term being 'Could'.

I must have missed that, maybe on the same planet as you?
[Post edited 19 Jan 11:54]

Point still stands doesn't it? If the OP is suggesting that we wouldn't let Ladapo go without a replacement and it has nothing to do with Leicester, then what's the issue with Ladapo leaving and not having a replacement lined up?!

Smart ar$e.
[Post edited 19 Jan 11:55]

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:55 - Jan 19 with 2661 viewsBluish

I need to get petrol at lunchtime so I'll be sure to photograph any Mercedes SUV I see ;)
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:55 - Jan 19 with 2687 viewsPhilTWTD

Was actually close to happening last weekend but didn't for reasons not related to Town bringing someone in, from what I gather. So may not be an indicator of anyone imminently coming in here. Don't think there's any development on Gallagher as yet and Kieffer situation will probably drag on a bit so Bournemouth can force the best seal from the various interested parties.
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:03 - Jan 19 with 2511 viewshype313

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:55 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

Was actually close to happening last weekend but didn't for reasons not related to Town bringing someone in, from what I gather. So may not be an indicator of anyone imminently coming in here. Don't think there's any development on Gallagher as yet and Kieffer situation will probably drag on a bit so Bournemouth can force the best seal from the various interested parties.

Lets hope they can club together for the funds.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:08 - Jan 19 with 2405 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:55 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

"Best Seal" Phil?

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:12 - Jan 19 with 2309 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:08 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

"Best Seal" Phil?

Wrong.

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:12 - Jan 19 with 2295 viewsTrumptonBlue

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 11:42 - Jan 19 by textbackup

We played a kid that’s been injured as fck ahead of him 😂😂

We haven't, though. In the two games that Buabo has come on, Ladapo has started.
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:12 - Jan 19 with 2286 viewstractorboy1978

Be surprised if Moore goes anywhere at anything other than the 11th hour. He seems the only PL striker with any proven Championship pedigree looking like dropping down at the moment. Bournemouth will be expecting clubs to panic as the window draws on.
KM would rather play… on 12:13 - Jan 19 with 2273 viewsBloots

…me up front than Ladapo.

Can’t see any relation between incomings and him going at all.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

KM would rather play… on 12:17 - Jan 19 with 2182 viewsleitrimblue

KM would rather play… on 12:13 - Jan 19 by Bloots

…me up front than Ladapo.

Can’t see any relation between incomings and him going at all.

Apparently if our number 17 gets an injury or a bad bout of the sniffles your next in
It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:25 - Jan 19 with 2027 viewsBuffaloBill

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:03 - Jan 19 by hype313

Lets hope they can club together for the funds.

Heard this about Freddie too and that there were Otter offers also

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:26 - Jan 19 with 2017 viewsFrankMarshall

Seems strange that we are so certain that we have a replacement.

Unless of course it's a striker from Charlton.

Frank Marshall

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:29 - Jan 19 with 1932 viewsPhilTWTD

It’s so quiet on here - it can mean only 1 thing ….. on 12:08 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

"Best Seal" Phil?

Ha, yes, exactly what I meant!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024