Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuanzebe to…. 13:56 - Jan 17 with 12957 viewschicoazul

….Cardiff? Wants more minutes apparently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tuanzebe to…. on 13:59 - Jan 17 with 6777 viewsRadlett_blue

Why would we let Tuanzebe go when he's a good player, versatile & we're short of defensive cover? He's under contract at Town until the end of the season. If McKenna really likes him (and I do) we should offer him a longer deal.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:00 - Jan 17 with 6737 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tuanzebe to…. on 13:59 - Jan 17 by Radlett_blue

Why would we let Tuanzebe go when he's a good player, versatile & we're short of defensive cover? He's under contract at Town until the end of the season. If McKenna really likes him (and I do) we should offer him a longer deal.

Possibly something to do with him wanting more minutes

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:01 - Jan 17 with 6732 viewsBiGDonnie

FFS

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:02 - Jan 17 with 6691 viewsportmanking

Bit of a piss take that.

Club invests 2-3 months in getting him fully fit and decides he's not prepared to bide his time. Really?

I wonder if it's his agent putting pressure on the club after Edmundson's great recent performances.
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:04 - Jan 17 with 6631 viewsPerublue

Bye bye then....12 month contract,cash in now as he's not going to sign an extension clearly.
Never convinced he'd command that position and never felt like a town player to me unlike some of the other new recruits be they loanees or not.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:05 - Jan 17 with 6594 views_clive_baker_

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:04 - Jan 17 by Perublue

Bye bye then....12 month contract,cash in now as he's not going to sign an extension clearly.
Never convinced he'd command that position and never felt like a town player to me unlike some of the other new recruits be they loanees or not.

We've got an option for another season.

Very good player IMO, just unfortunate to have traffic ahead of him that's generally played very well this season.
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:05 - Jan 17 with 6592 viewsburnbudgiesburn

It's the club that have an extension option

Would make no sense for us with limited cover to sell him, after getting him fit and you presume not overworking him on purpose.

Unless he himself wants more or is not happy then that'll be £2m please Cardiff.
[Post edited 17 Jan 14:08]
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:07 - Jan 17 with 6525 viewsChurchman

What you want in life isn’t always what you get.

Good player obviously, but we’ve invested a lot in getting him fit. If he wants away to play more, fine. Let him go. We’ll have Burgess and Baggott back soon enough and Woolfy/Fridge already here.
Login to get fewer ads

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:08 - Jan 17 with 6460 viewsTractorCam

There is no news of this anywhere other than this post, so of course let's start slating him now.
[Post edited 17 Jan 14:09]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:11 - Jan 17 with 6321 viewsKeno

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/transfer-centre-josh

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:15 - Jan 17 with 6229 viewsSitfcB

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:02 - Jan 17 by portmanking

Bit of a piss take that.

Club invests 2-3 months in getting him fully fit and decides he's not prepared to bide his time. Really?

I wonder if it's his agent putting pressure on the club after Edmundson's great recent performances.

Yep, agreed, a bit of a kick in the teeth to McKenna and the club tbh.

Also agree it could be the agent stirring it up so he gets better terms here.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:16 - Jan 17 with 6158 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:11 - Jan 17 by Keno

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/transfer-centre-josh

Can't imagine there's anything in this, and until/if he does leave, it's mindboggling that anyone would kick up a fuss over it or question his professionalism.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:16 - Jan 17 with 6146 viewsportmanking

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:11 - Jan 17 by Keno

I mean that 'article' feels so inaccurate anyhow. He 'only' made six appearances, but he's probably only been fit enough to make about a dozen starts in the league!
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:18 - Jan 17 with 6095 viewsSomethingBlue

Probably a standard bit of light heat application from his "team" (as he put it upon signing). Imagine he expected Edmundson's current gig and this is just a little nudge.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:19 - Jan 17 with 6034 viewsStadiumofdark

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:15 - Jan 17 by SitfcB

Yep, agreed, a bit of a kick in the teeth to McKenna and the club tbh.

Also agree it could be the agent stirring it up so he gets better terms here.

Welcome Karlan Grant and Perry Ng
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:20 - Jan 17 with 6012 viewsPerublue

If you're not on board the K-Mac bus....off at the next stop please.

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:26 - Jan 17 with 5839 viewsHerbivore

Odd one this. The option for another year gives us some leeway to hold out for a fee but we are currently short on numbers at the back. Hypothetically if Cardiff or anyone else wanted to chuck a million quid and a hefty sell on our way and if he was set on getting a start every week I wouldn't be averse to talking it. Use the money towards a striker, we've been compensated for rehabilitating him, and whilst he's shown glimpses of genuine quality, he's arguably had more big errors in 6 games than either Woolf or Burgess have had in 20+. His ability to play at a high level every week is still pretty untested, feels premature for him to be pushing for a move.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:28 - Jan 17 with 5805 viewshomer_123

You'd hope he does. Quality player.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:30 - Jan 17 with 5728 viewsVegtablue

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:19 - Jan 17 by Stadiumofdark

Welcome Karlan Grant and Perry Ng

Grant is West Brom's but yes please Perry.

The Sky post doesn't look brilliantly researched but I imagine there's a solid source behind it.
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:35 - Jan 17 with 5567 viewstextbackup

Gutted if true, really like his song

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:40 - Jan 17 with 5437 viewsStadiumofdark

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:30 - Jan 17 by Vegtablue

Grant is West Brom's but yes please Perry.

The Sky post doesn't look brilliantly researched but I imagine there's a solid source behind it.

Yes, agreed.

We recruit the right players, in that they want to play football (ie. Leigh, Edwards etc), so if they're not playing.... they seem to want a move, rather than sit around.

If true, this one irks me though. If you're that good - play your way in and prove it.
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:53 - Jan 17 with 5141 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

If it's a loan I wouldn't have too much issue with it so long as he can't start against us.

I don't believe he would move having only just got fit, and has proven he can play a few positions that we will likely need him to cover going forward. He will play a lot more games yet.

If he did go, we'd need to sign another defender for cover, especially with Williams also being unfit.
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:56 - Jan 17 with 5054 views_clive_baker_

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:26 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Odd one this. The option for another year gives us some leeway to hold out for a fee but we are currently short on numbers at the back. Hypothetically if Cardiff or anyone else wanted to chuck a million quid and a hefty sell on our way and if he was set on getting a start every week I wouldn't be averse to talking it. Use the money towards a striker, we've been compensated for rehabilitating him, and whilst he's shown glimpses of genuine quality, he's arguably had more big errors in 6 games than either Woolf or Burgess have had in 20+. His ability to play at a high level every week is still pretty untested, feels premature for him to be pushing for a move.

Yeah, very much one that they need to make attractive / worthwhile to us. If we got a nice offer then there's an argument for taking it and reinvesting it elsewhere. Given we signed him on a free, anything we got for him now would be incremental to our top line for the benefit of FFP.

I do think he's a very good player, regardless of whether he goes or not there will come a point where a decision will need to be made as he's too good to be sat on our bench really. But those keeping him out have done so on merit.
Tuanzebe to…. on 14:57 - Jan 17 with 5024 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bit early to be throwing the toys out (by quite a few on this thread) based on not very much at all.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Tuanzebe to…. on 15:07 - Jan 17 with 4840 viewsPerublue

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:57 - Jan 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Bit early to be throwing the toys out (by quite a few on this thread) based on not very much at all.

Discussions great ain't it ... we all love a good gossip.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024