Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuanzebe to…. 13:56 - Jan 17 with 13082 viewschicoazul

….Cardiff? Wants more minutes apparently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tuanzebe to…. on 16:50 - Jan 17 with 3192 viewsHerbivore

Tuanzebe to…. on 16:28 - Jan 17 by Pinewoodblue

Town have option to extend contract for next season. A fee of £2m wouldn’t be unrealistic

Think it would be unrealistic for a player with his recent record.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tuanzebe to…. on 17:08 - Jan 17 with 3083 viewsSwansea_Blue

One or two posters being a bit quick to dismiss him. I hadn't realised he's a world record holder, and we don't get many of them very often.

From wiki:

"In July 2018, he broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest time to individually clear a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos, while in Los Angeles on Manchester United's pre-season tour".

(sorry if it's old news, but I didn't know this).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tuanzebe to…. on 17:17 - Jan 17 with 3030 viewsSitfcB

Tuanzebe to…. on 17:08 - Jan 17 by Swansea_Blue

One or two posters being a bit quick to dismiss him. I hadn't realised he's a world record holder, and we don't get many of them very often.

From wiki:

"In July 2018, he broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest time to individually clear a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos, while in Los Angeles on Manchester United's pre-season tour".

(sorry if it's old news, but I didn't know this).

Another one that doesn’t read the news stories, poor Phil. Yellow card.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tuanzebe to…. on 17:26 - Jan 17 with 2983 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tuanzebe to…. on 17:17 - Jan 17 by SitfcB

Another one that doesn’t read the news stories, poor Phil. Yellow card.

I do try to normally (why would anyone look anywhere else?). I can’t always keep up though, so yes I do miss a bit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tuanzebe to…. on 17:29 - Jan 17 with 2966 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Tuanzebe to…. on 15:26 - Jan 17 by Perublue

Don't be so precious

Precious?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Tuanzebe to…. on 18:16 - Jan 17 with 2886 viewsArnieM

We’d be mugs to let him go. He needs minutes most definitely and if he was given them would prove to be an exceptional CB.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tuanzebe to…. on 18:45 - Jan 17 with 2837 viewsHerbivore

Tuanzebe to…. on 18:16 - Jan 17 by ArnieM

We’d be mugs to let him go. He needs minutes most definitely and if he was given them would prove to be an exceptional CB.

The problem is that when he has played he's not been as assured as our other CBs for the most part and we're not in a position to give him a run of games in the hope he plays himself into top form. He's not been bad by any stretch but he's had a fair few dodgy moments and the Leeds game he was awful.
[Post edited 17 Jan 18:50]

Tuanzebe to…. on 18:48 - Jan 17 with 2819 viewsClutch

I don't think he's been great thus far, but he might get better.

If he goes we will need right back cover though? As Williams is clearly gone.
Login to get fewer ads

Tuanzebe to…. on 18:55 - Jan 17 with 2795 viewspointofblue

Tuanzebe to…. on 18:45 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

The problem is that when he has played he's not been as assured as our other CBs for the most part and we're not in a position to give him a run of games in the hope he plays himself into top form. He's not been bad by any stretch but he's had a fair few dodgy moments and the Leeds game he was awful.
[Post edited 17 Jan 18:50]

Whilst I agree with your overall point, everyone was awful at Leeds.

I did wonder whether he might come in for Woolfenden against Leicester, as all but one of his league starts have been away from home. But, after what happened at Elland Road, coupled with the Maidstone game following and Edmundson being at left CB rather than Burgess, perhaps not.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tuanzebe to…. on 20:50 - Jan 17 with 2652 viewsTheBoyBlue

There is a very decent player in there who has been unfortunate with injuries. Get him up to speed, hopefully keep him clear of injury and he could be really useful as the season goes on.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Tuanzebe to…. on 20:58 - Jan 17 with 2621 viewsHerbivore

Tuanzebe to…. on 18:55 - Jan 17 by pointofblue

Whilst I agree with your overall point, everyone was awful at Leeds.

I did wonder whether he might come in for Woolfenden against Leicester, as all but one of his league starts have been away from home. But, after what happened at Elland Road, coupled with the Maidstone game following and Edmundson being at left CB rather than Burgess, perhaps not.

Everyone was awful but some of his individual errors that day were really poor, the sort of thing our other CBs would have got absolutely panned for. Woolf was excellent against Leicester, it was the right call to start him in that one.

Tuanzebe to…. on 22:11 - Jan 17 with 2542 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tuanzebe to…. on 16:39 - Jan 17 by pointofblue

Phil is reporting it quoting Sky. I'd have more faith if it was him reporting directly (or him coming on this thread and saying there's something in it).

But he hasn’t come on here and stated that there ISN’T anything in it, either.

Either that or he has a life off the TWTD forum.

And we know the latter simply isn’t true.

So…

Poll: W or W

Tuanzebe to…. on 02:22 - Jan 20 with 2209 viewsPerublue

Tuanzebe to…. on 17:29 - Jan 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Precious?!

Sorry mate..public apology…I was out of order… had been a bad day , I’m rarely if ever combative on here … I’m quite a cuddly old teddy bear.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Tuanzebe to…. on 06:49 - Jan 20 with 2082 viewsLesTibbetsbrokenleg

And then there's this:

https://archive.ph/Xls9g
Tuanzebe to…. on 06:57 - Jan 20 with 2065 viewstextbackup

Tuanzebe to…. on 06:49 - Jan 20 by LesTibbetsbrokenleg

And then there's this:

https://archive.ph/Xls9g

He is such a bloody decent bloke

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Tuanzebe to…. on 08:01 - Jan 20 with 1928 viewsHerbivore

Tuanzebe to…. on 06:57 - Jan 20 by textbackup

He is such a bloody decent bloke

Yeah, comes across really well. Clearly a good character.

Tuanzebe to…. on 08:53 - Jan 20 with 1824 viewspennblue

Tuanzebe to…. on 18:16 - Jan 17 by ArnieM

I have to agree, trouble is you have to play yourself in, you cant demand a move if you are not playing enough

This sort of situation should be bread and butter for the club to deal with

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Tuanzebe to…. on 09:06 - Jan 20 with 1750 viewsArchiRob

No hint of wanting a move in The East Anglia only praise for Kieran and the way he has been treated so far
Tuanzebe to…. on 11:52 - Jan 20 with 1598 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Tuanzebe to…. on 09:06 - Jan 20 by ArchiRob

No hint of wanting a move in The East Anglia only praise for Kieran and the way he has been treated so far

Indeed. Some at the start of this thread, and those up-arrowing them, might want to reflect on going too early on an unsubstantiated rumour. He sounds like he's very level headed, very happy, and working hard to get a new contract.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Tuanzebe to…. on 12:20 - Jan 20 with 1515 viewsibbleobble

I want more minutes too but I’m happy to sit in the stands and bide my time so so should he.
Tuanzebe to…. on 13:46 - Jan 20 with 1457 viewsnorfsufblue

Tuanzebe to…. on 15:10 - Jan 17 by norfsufblue

I'm filing this under Twaddle!

I refer all of the honourable gentlemen to the answer I gave earlier😉👍
Tuanzebe to…. on 09:08 - Feb 2 with 1186 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe to…. on 15:50 - Jan 17 by Mediocre_Quick

Let him go, we've done enough for him, got him fit, etc, he's coming into a back four that's outperforming where we should be week in, week out, he knew what he was getting himself into,

Good player, arrogant character

Lol.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Tuanzebe to…. on 09:21 - Feb 2 with 1082 viewsEireannach_gorm

Tuanzebe to…. on 14:04 - Jan 17 by Perublue

Bye bye then....12 month contract,cash in now as he's not going to sign an extension clearly.
Never convinced he'd command that position and never felt like a town player to me unlike some of the other new recruits be they loanees or not.

I agree with regarding his command of the position. While his pedigree is very good, I think the fact that a Premiership standard defender could not close out a non league attack decided it for me. If he is so good he should have stood out in that game and on his own should have had the experience and skill to prevent any threats. He has not lived up to to his hype and as has been said we waited to get him fit and now he wants away.
[Post edited 2 Feb 10:50]
Tuanzebe to…. on 09:48 - Feb 2 with 969 viewsberkstractorboy

Tuanzebe to…. on 09:21 - Feb 2 by Eireannach_gorm

I agree with regarding his command of the position. While his pedigree is very good, I think the fact that a Premiership standard defender could not close out a non league attack decided it for me. If he is so good he should have stood out in that game and on his own should have had the experience and skill to prevent any threats. He has not lived up to to his hype and as has been said we waited to get him fit and now he wants away.
[Post edited 2 Feb 10:50]

Do we actually know he wanted/wants away? Could it have been a lazy journo story or agent trying to get him more game time at a time he was involved more with Burgess being away.
Tuanzebe to…. on 10:01 - Feb 2 with 895 viewsTractorCam

Tuanzebe to…. on 09:48 - Feb 2 by berkstractorboy

Do we actually know he wanted/wants away? Could it have been a lazy journo story or agent trying to get him more game time at a time he was involved more with Burgess being away.

No, there was one article posted by sky that hinted towards that and that was the only ever mention of it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024