Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The flat atmosphere 07:04 - Jan 15 with 6307 viewsBondiBlue

I remember in 2000-2001 (the 5th in the prem season) portman road being deafening for the first few months of the season. The wilnis goal against man u was probably the loudest i've ever heard it. But then it petered off a bit after christmas even though we were flying. Best way i can describe it was a weird feeling of anticlimax that the premier league weren't as good as we thought they'd be - we were beating everyone and it was almost disappointing.

Poll: Which would you accept?

The flat atmosphere on 07:33 - Jan 16 with 417 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The flat atmosphere on 13:44 - Jan 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're even exaggerating in this reply: "The majority of fans who were there" - so you've canvassed all the fans, and the majority have told you the atmosphere wasn't good enough?

I saw your post attacking North Stand fans during the game - were you even there yourself?!

Neatly sidestepped this question didn't you Unstable?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The flat atmosphere on 08:24 - Jan 16 with 362 viewsthebluewizzard

Would put money on it that 50% of the supporters don't know the words, so if Phil or Gav can find the banda and knock out 20,000 copies of the ITFC all time greats which would then be handed out at the turnstiles.
The flat atmosphere on 09:02 - Jan 16 with 332 viewsCityBlue

The flat atmosphere on 07:58 - Jan 15 by Bluespeed225

Ironically, The Cobbold is probably the best stand for volume now! The concrete bunker like structure of the lower North is confining and deadens a lot of sound. We need corrugated iron roofing back!

Cannot hear much from the Cobbold from the SAR. It may sound loud locally but does not reach.

I T I D

The flat atmosphere on 09:07 - Jan 16 with 328 viewsNthQldITFC

The flat atmosphere on 16:18 - Jan 15 by Blue_Order

We’ve been asking the club all season to let us have a megaphone in the ground.

If I told you some of the reasons we’ve been given for not allowing it, you probably wouldn’t believe me.

Do try the "Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich, Ipswich..." to Amazing Grace thing though - it will be awesome. Promise.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The flat atmosphere on 09:20 - Jan 16 with 303 viewsGeoffSentence

The flat atmosphere on 17:43 - Jan 15 by stonojnr

They started off well loudest weve had since Leeds i think, but the equaliser knocked them down a notch and they were quiet 2nd half till the end.

But equally the reverse acoustics hold true because the A block noise barely makes it to the Southern end of the ground, its loud if you sit in the Pioneer but not in Sir Alf, you hear the north stand far more clearly still.

You've forgotten Coventry. They were far, far louder than Leeds. Leeds were not the Leeds of old.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The flat atmosphere on 09:58 - Jan 16 with 271 viewsTractorCam

The flat atmosphere on 16:39 - Jan 15 by baxterbasics

They should issue a megaphone with every seat! That might help things.

"GET RID OF IT" Breaks the sound barrier.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024