Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 12:43 - Jan 14 with 4398 viewschicoazul

I will be so upset when this guy eventually leaves. He’s seen it all since he arrived, persevered, got his nut down despite getting plenty of stick, been an important part of our recent success and puts absolutely everything into it. By all informed accounts he’s a top man and a big influence on the group as well.
What a guy. I imagine whatever happens now he leaves in the summer, bur who could have imagined the journey he and we would have.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kayden Jackson on 13:03 - Jan 14 with 3516 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Despite the mayhem of Hurst's short tenure, Jackson and Donacien are still here. I don't think any of Lambert's are.
Kayden Jackson on 13:36 - Jan 14 with 3330 viewsBasuco

Agree with all of that, I also thought he had a very good game last night, his all round play has been really good, especially closing down the space in forward areas.
Kayden Jackson on 14:36 - Jan 14 with 3212 viewsSharkey

I hope one far off day when he's retired he gives an interview about how much he loved playing at Portman Road. Just so there can be this headline:

Jackson Misses IP1
Kayden Jackson on 14:42 - Jan 14 with 3186 viewsNutkins_Return

Sometimes if truth be told too much was put at Lambert's door (understandably on how be behaved toward end). Not sure anyone could have succeeded in the Evans regime and lack of investment.

HOWEVER - think back to his treatment of Jackson. Basically got a red card at Sunderland and wasn't allowed to train with the squad and made out to be a bad apple. Shameful from Lambert.

Jackson works his nuts off and has survived when more talented players haven't and that says everything about his character! He's improved himself and proven he can be a useful winger as well. All credit
Kayden Jackson on 17:48 - Jan 14 with 2881 viewsHerbivore

In his own unique way, he's a Town legend. Been here 6 or 7 years, he's had good spells and lean spells, but he's always busted a nut and never complained. Consummate professional and a lovely goal last night.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

He kind of is innit on 17:52 - Jan 14 with 2860 viewsDyland

Kayden Jackson on 17:48 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

In his own unique way, he's a Town legend. Been here 6 or 7 years, he's had good spells and lean spells, but he's always busted a nut and never complained. Consummate professional and a lovely goal last night.

And it's hilarious that he's our most expensive player (I think), and we are above Saints and Leeds et al. Good old Kayden.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Kayden Jackson on 17:56 - Jan 14 with 2835 viewsnodge_blue

I really shouldn't come in on this thread should I?

I feel im living in a parallel universe.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Kayden Jackson on 17:59 - Jan 14 with 2799 viewsBlueBadger

Kayden Jackson on 14:42 - Jan 14 by Nutkins_Return

Sometimes if truth be told too much was put at Lambert's door (understandably on how be behaved toward end). Not sure anyone could have succeeded in the Evans regime and lack of investment.

HOWEVER - think back to his treatment of Jackson. Basically got a red card at Sunderland and wasn't allowed to train with the squad and made out to be a bad apple. Shameful from Lambert.

Jackson works his nuts off and has survived when more talented players haven't and that says everything about his character! He's improved himself and proven he can be a useful winger as well. All credit

Whilst it's not untrue to say that it wa sigh-on impossible to succeed under Evans, Lambert didn't;t even bother trying.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson on 18:00 - Jan 14 with 2791 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 17:56 - Jan 14 by nodge_blue

I really shouldn't come in on this thread should I?

I feel im living in a parallel universe.

If you can't appreciate a player that Kieran McKenna rates highly and trusts implicitly then there's something wrong with you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 18:00 - Jan 14 with 2784 viewsDJR

Kayden Jackson on 13:36 - Jan 14 by Basuco

Agree with all of that, I also thought he had a very good game last night, his all round play has been really good, especially closing down the space in forward areas.

I thought he also had a good game at Stoke, and it was the attacking players around him who misfired.
Kayden Jackson on 18:02 - Jan 14 with 2769 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm still convinced he will score a goal for us in the Premier League.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Kayden Jackson on 18:04 - Jan 14 with 2746 viewsnodge_blue

Kayden Jackson on 18:00 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

If you can't appreciate a player that Kieran McKenna rates highly and trusts implicitly then there's something wrong with you.

Probably is. As i said in another thread, Kieron works on improving every player and encourages the collective. And i fully buy into that. Everyone responds and pulls together.

But look a bit deeper and you see him making very kind statements about Edwards this week. But it didnt stop him ultimately ditching him.

Anyway if KJ scores against Leicester i will join the fan club!

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Kayden Jackson on 18:11 - Jan 14 with 2670 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Kayden Jackson on 14:36 - Jan 14 by Sharkey

I hope one far off day when he's retired he gives an interview about how much he loved playing at Portman Road. Just so there can be this headline:

Jackson Misses IP1

Jackson Misses Ippy?
Kayden Jackson on 18:23 - Jan 14 with 2589 viewsBlueBadger

Kayden Jackson on 18:00 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

I'm genuinely starting to think that Jackson is is in the category of 'if you can't appreciate what he does, you probably don't know a lot about football' occupied by the likes go Jermaine Wright, David McGoldrick, Cole Skuse and Jim Magilton.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Kayden Jackson on 18:26 - Jan 14 with 2556 viewsMattinLondon

Kayden Jackson on 17:59 - Jan 14 by BlueBadger

Whilst it's not untrue to say that it wa sigh-on impossible to succeed under Evans, Lambert didn't;t even bother trying.

Of course he tried, it’s ridiculous to say that he didn’t. Like Hurst, I’m pretty sure that he knew what was wrong with the club but lacked the ability to do anything about it.
Kayden Jackson on 18:57 - Jan 14 with 2460 viewsNutkins_Return

Kayden Jackson on 17:59 - Jan 14 by BlueBadger

It would have taken someone exceptional. Which Lambert wasn't. For that he can be forgiven but not the way he dealt with things towards the end
Kayden Jackson on 19:13 - Jan 14 with 2408 viewscressi

One swallow don't make a summer An improvement yesterday on his normal performance never knock effort but will need better with 19 games to go. He was also part not his fault of our dark times. Q
Kayden Jackson on 19:24 - Jan 14 with 2361 viewstextbackup

Kayden Jackson on 18:23 - Jan 14 by BlueBadger

I'm genuinely starting to think that Jackson is is in the category of 'if you can't appreciate what he does, you probably don't know a lot about football' occupied by the likes go Jermaine Wright, David McGoldrick, Cole Skuse and Jim Magilton.

Hold on… not a single person would have said that about Jim.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kayden Jackson on 19:32 - Jan 14 with 2295 views_clive_baker_

It’s for that reason that people can’t really be critical of him. You might question his ability / value for money / whether he warrants a place in the side etc, and that’s all part of being a football supporter, but ultimately none of that is really within his control. All players have a ceiling, all he can really be judged on is his application, work rate, professionalism, and there’s no evidence to question any of that. The fact he’s still here suggests that’s likely all top class. He’s overcome some adversity in his time here but he’s never downed tools, always kept himself in top condition, kept showing up and making himself available. He can only work to be the best version of himself, and I believe he’s probably doing that. What we paid for him or whether he should have a future here are all the decisions of others, not him. He’s giving himself the best chance though. It’s the unprofessional players who steal a living and take the p1ss that I take exception to, and we’ve seen too many of those over the years.

Jackson’s bit like a kid at school, if you’re doing your best then there’s little more you can ask for.

That’s not to say he’s crap btw, he isn’t at all. I do think he’s probably over indexing on his ability to be starting for a side 2nd in the championship, but good on him for that. Took his goal brilliantly yesterday, I was so chuffed for him. It doesn’t change the fact we need to strengthen, but he’s certainly the best option up top from what we have available right now.
Kayden Jackson on 19:39 - Jan 14 with 2264 viewschicoazul

Kayden Jackson on 18:02 - Jan 14 by GlasgowBlue

I'm still convinced he will score a goal for us in the Premier League.

Score the winner that takes us there maybe!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kayden Jackson on 19:39 - Jan 14 with 2265 viewsMK1

I'm happy to admit that I thought Jackson should have been sold by now. Great pace, beats a player with ease. but the end product?
Now think we should keep him even if we go up. He is one of life's triers. Never seems to get down about not playing and always gives his all. Good on him. God loves a trier.
I am firmly in the keep Jackson camp now.
Some did on 19:42 - Jan 14 with 2251 viewsDyland

Kayden Jackson on 19:24 - Jan 14 by textbackup

Hold on… not a single person would have said that about Jim.

He was called a crab by a few know-nothings, who complained he often passed it sideways. The same morons who yell "FORWARD!" whenever we have the ball in our half.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Kayden Jackson on 20:56 - Jan 14 with 2113 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kayden Jackson on 19:39 - Jan 14 by chicoazul

Score the winner that takes us there maybe!

With an assist from Janoi. To put the final nail in the coffin of the Banter Era.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Kayden Jackson on 21:17 - Jan 14 with 2032 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Jackson Misses IP1

It took me a while but I got it eventually
Kayden Jackson on 21:26 - Jan 14 with 1994 viewsNthQldITFC

Jackson Misses IP1

Took me while but I like that.

If there's enough Cash involved, I can see a major live Sky Sports News item with studio build up and then, at the right time, the anchor handing over to a reporter for the live interview with the phrase "We're going to Jackson".

(Convoluted or what? But I kept going and I got there.)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024