Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 12:43 - Jan 14 with 4440 viewschicoazul

I will be so upset when this guy eventually leaves. He’s seen it all since he arrived, persevered, got his nut down despite getting plenty of stick, been an important part of our recent success and puts absolutely everything into it. By all informed accounts he’s a top man and a big influence on the group as well.
What a guy. I imagine whatever happens now he leaves in the summer, bur who could have imagined the journey he and we would have.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kayden Jackson on 21:52 - Jan 14 with 752 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 19:32 - Jan 14 by _clive_baker_

It’s for that reason that people can’t really be critical of him. You might question his ability / value for money / whether he warrants a place in the side etc, and that’s all part of being a football supporter, but ultimately none of that is really within his control. All players have a ceiling, all he can really be judged on is his application, work rate, professionalism, and there’s no evidence to question any of that. The fact he’s still here suggests that’s likely all top class. He’s overcome some adversity in his time here but he’s never downed tools, always kept himself in top condition, kept showing up and making himself available. He can only work to be the best version of himself, and I believe he’s probably doing that. What we paid for him or whether he should have a future here are all the decisions of others, not him. He’s giving himself the best chance though. It’s the unprofessional players who steal a living and take the p1ss that I take exception to, and we’ve seen too many of those over the years.

Jackson’s bit like a kid at school, if you’re doing your best then there’s little more you can ask for.

That’s not to say he’s crap btw, he isn’t at all. I do think he’s probably over indexing on his ability to be starting for a side 2nd in the championship, but good on him for that. Took his goal brilliantly yesterday, I was so chuffed for him. It doesn’t change the fact we need to strengthen, but he’s certainly the best option up top from what we have available right now.

Think that's totally fair. I'd just add, there's a reason he's the only one from the Hurst era still regularly getting game time for us. You won't find many (if any) players with a better attitude than him and it gladdens my heart when he's rewarded with tangible contributions like his goal last night, which as you rightly say was well taken.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 22:06 - Jan 14 with 718 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

I am a bit late to this thread but feel the need to comment. I go to every home game and me and my son sit all over the place. For one game we were sitting in the front row where the subs warm up. Now I know the kids shouldn’t get up and ask for photos and autographs during the game but some do and every time they interacted with KJ not only did he oblige he was asking how their day had been during the game. That alone says an awful lot. Credit where it is due.
Kayden Jackson on 22:18 - Jan 14 with 701 viewsBondiBlue

Thing i noticed yesterday was broadhead, chaplin and burns were all looking to pass to him when they themselves could have had a shot or taken someone on. They rate him and trust him, so does the manager. Mad that we still don't.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Kayden Jackson on 22:29 - Jan 14 with 684 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 22:06 - Jan 14 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

I am a bit late to this thread but feel the need to comment. I go to every home game and me and my son sit all over the place. For one game we were sitting in the front row where the subs warm up. Now I know the kids shouldn’t get up and ask for photos and autographs during the game but some do and every time they interacted with KJ not only did he oblige he was asking how their day had been during the game. That alone says an awful lot. Credit where it is due.

I know a couple of Town fans who have met him and they've both said what a lovely and down to earth guy he is. He was happy to just have a chat with them, no ego whatsoever. I remember a few years back someone posting a story on here about interactions with him and the impact they had on that individual and it all got a bit dusty in my living room as I was reading. He's clearly an excellent character.

Kayden Jackson on 11:56 - Jan 15 with 500 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Kayden Jackson on 13:03 - Jan 14 by Alberto_the_frog

Despite the mayhem of Hurst's short tenure, Jackson and Donacien are still here. I don't think any of Lambert's are.

Who did Lambert sign on a permanent though? Norwood. Will Keane? Ollie Hawkins? Stephen Ward? James Wilson… oh and Alan Judge. Bar Judge I don’t think we paid a single fee for any of them, which sums up Marcus Evans ambition at Town perfectly. We got exactly what we paid for and what we deserved.
Kayden Jackson on 12:34 - Jan 15 with 459 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Kayden Jackson on 19:24 - Jan 14 by textbackup

Hold on… not a single person would have said that about Jim.

Yes, they did. His nickname, from a minority, on here was "The Belfast Crab" because he passed the ball sideways rather than forwards.

His nickname from plenty of others was "Super Jim", but there were those who didn't understand what the job was that he had been asked to do.
Kayden Jackson on 12:56 - Jan 15 with 421 viewsHeeeesEygptian

Very happy for KJ on Saturday, I have a feeling that these people that don't rate him are those that only knew ITFC were a thing 2 years ago.

With that being said a few of the regulars I have seen over the years like to jump on that band wagon too, thoroughly enjoyed his goal saturday and was happy those types of people were silenced.

Underrated in my opinion.
Kayden Jackson on 16:44 - Jan 15 with 341 viewsGeoffSentence

Kayden Jackson on 22:29 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

I know a couple of Town fans who have met him and they've both said what a lovely and down to earth guy he is. He was happy to just have a chat with them, no ego whatsoever. I remember a few years back someone posting a story on here about interactions with him and the impact they had on that individual and it all got a bit dusty in my living room as I was reading. He's clearly an excellent character.

Do you mean this one?

Kayden Jackson saved my life by NORFOLK_BLUE 16 Dec 2022 9:08
Just wanted to share something with you if I may.
I know Kayden Jackson often splits the crowd, however I for one will always be indebted to him.
Just pre-Covid, I took my young son to his first ITFC game. I had the intention of ending my life after wards but wanted to take him before I did so. We ended up sitting right near the tunnel.
My boy was keen for a photo of the players as they came out so I called a few names and Kayden Jackson was the only one to come over. He spent ages with my boy. Photos, autographs, high fives and a good chat. Kayden then said something off the cuff about mental well-being that stuck with me. After the game we were stuck in traffic by the players exit and Kayden was in his car next to us. He recognised my boy from earlier and unwound his window to ask him if he enjoyed the game and if he was going to go again.
It was such an small and simple thing for him to do, and it may seem silly, but it really sparked something in me that evening. How humble he was, and how down to earth he was. There was no arrogance from a man who could very well have just ignored us.
Now 2/3 years later I am loving life, got a fantastic family and new vigour for it. I think it’s fair to say that Kayden, whilst not everyone’s favourite ITFC player, is certainly a hero in my eyes.
As long as he is at ITFC , then I will always champion him - and will always follow his career should the time come for him to move on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson on 16:53 - Jan 15 with 300 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 16:44 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

Do you mean this one?

Kayden Jackson saved my life by NORFOLK_BLUE 16 Dec 2022 9:08
Just wanted to share something with you if I may.
I know Kayden Jackson often splits the crowd, however I for one will always be indebted to him.
Just pre-Covid, I took my young son to his first ITFC game. I had the intention of ending my life after wards but wanted to take him before I did so. We ended up sitting right near the tunnel.
My boy was keen for a photo of the players as they came out so I called a few names and Kayden Jackson was the only one to come over. He spent ages with my boy. Photos, autographs, high fives and a good chat. Kayden then said something off the cuff about mental well-being that stuck with me. After the game we were stuck in traffic by the players exit and Kayden was in his car next to us. He recognised my boy from earlier and unwound his window to ask him if he enjoyed the game and if he was going to go again.
It was such an small and simple thing for him to do, and it may seem silly, but it really sparked something in me that evening. How humble he was, and how down to earth he was. There was no arrogance from a man who could very well have just ignored us.
Now 2/3 years later I am loving life, got a fantastic family and new vigour for it. I think it’s fair to say that Kayden, whilst not everyone’s favourite ITFC player, is certainly a hero in my eyes.
As long as he is at ITFC , then I will always champion him - and will always follow his career should the time come for him to move on.

That's the one. Bit dusty in here again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024