Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team 19:36 - Jan 13 with 2575 viewsMullet

No star striker, no captain, no central midfield engine, no first choice CB even with a ref who couldn't control a game we managed it.

Clarke started poorly but kept a lid on it and contributed plenty. Travis had a great debut and kept us moving even when it looked sure to break down. A shame Taylor was so off it, whether that's a lack of continuity or just a sign he lacks the experience Travis has I'm not sure.

Sunderland play a really weird game and while it was hard to work out, it didn't really work. A fantastic finish for the opener but I didn't think much of them beyond being competitive, midtable and up for a fight.

Chuffed for Chaplin too. What a goal to take and another Leif assist, the zip Sarmiento and Omari gave us really turned the second half and it feels like people can say all they want. We're just not going away.

Think people underestimate how hard it is to overturn a gap the higher up the table you go.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 19:40 - Jan 13 with 2505 viewshomer_123

Sunderland are a poor imitation of us.

They look decent in the first two thirds but struggle in the final. They seemed to run out of ideas.

Davis and Fridge were superb today. Hutch and Sarimento coming off the bench is ludicrous, absolutely insane.

Slightly worried about Broady and Taylor but overall a statement win from the lads.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 19:51 - Jan 13 with 2435 viewsMullet

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 19:40 - Jan 13 by homer_123

They look decent in the first two thirds but struggle in the final. They seemed to run out of ideas.

Davis and Fridge were superb today. Hutch and Sarimento coming off the bench is ludicrous, absolutely insane.

Slightly worried about Broady and Taylor but overall a statement win from the lads.

Thought Davis was wary of going forward and leaving Fridge alone with Ba and another as he didn't have Luongo to cover him. Once he got more confident his runs were superb.

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 19:52 - Jan 13 with 2413 viewschicoazul

Hope everyone enjoyed today because it’s the start of our match to the Premier League.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 19:57 - Jan 13 with 2359 viewshomer_123

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 19:51 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Thought Davis was wary of going forward and leaving Fridge alone with Ba and another as he didn't have Luongo to cover him. Once he got more confident his runs were superb.

Yeah...that's a decent observation Mullers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:04 - Jan 13 with 2306 viewsSwansea_Blue

No first choice CB? Woolf? Missing Burgess of course, but he’s not much different level-wise to the Fridge.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood. Spot of with the rest though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:13 - Jan 13 with 2214 viewsNthQldITFC

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 19:40 - Jan 13 by homer_123

Taylor's not as safe with the ball as Morsy, Luongo or Travis (based on one game), but he improved a lot as the game went on today and he's more athletic than the others. Some nice little dummy turns in the second half and stepping forward with the ball created some decent attacks.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:20 - Jan 13 with 2150 viewsMullet

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:04 - Jan 13 by Swansea_Blue

No first choice CB? Woolf? Missing Burgess of course, but he’s not much different level-wise to the Fridge.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood. Spot of with the rest though.

Yeah I'd have said CBs or central defence if Woolf was out too.

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:27 - Jan 13 with 2101 viewscbower

Taylor currently doesn’t fit for me. In a two man midfield his natural game is stifled. What he was best at for Posh was getting into and around the box, getting forward, doing his best work well away from his own goal. Now he is receiving the ball from his own back line and goalkeeper and being expected to get the side moving. He's not as comfortable as Luongo doing this and he is streets behind Morsy in this respect. A bit like Camara lwst year (I know he was always injured) I just don’t know where he fits right now.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 2053 viewsSwansea_Blue

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:20 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Yeah I'd have said CBs or central defence if Woolf was out too.

I’m not sure that makes us any weaker, but it’s arguable of course. Who cares anyway. The Fridge was immense.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:37 - Jan 13 with 2023 viewsMullet

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:27 - Jan 13 by cbower

Taylor currently doesn’t fit for me. In a two man midfield his natural game is stifled. What he was best at for Posh was getting into and around the box, getting forward, doing his best work well away from his own goal. Now he is receiving the ball from his own back line and goalkeeper and being expected to get the side moving. He's not as comfortable as Luongo doing this and he is streets behind Morsy in this respect. A bit like Camara lwst year (I know he was always injured) I just don’t know where he fits right now.

Think he's an 8 or a 10 and we want him to be something else without giving him a run of games.

Travis really showed him up in terms of experience at this level and that's not his fault. I also think when he did gamble his balls didn't land right or the run didn't come which doesn't help.

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:38 - Jan 13 with 2005 viewsMullet

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:34 - Jan 13 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not sure that makes us any weaker, but it’s arguable of course. Who cares anyway. The Fridge was immense.

Familiarity and his lack of left foot does, but there's no reason that in a month's time it will.

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:44 - Jan 13 with 1946 viewsnorfsufblue

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:37 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Think he's an 8 or a 10 and we want him to be something else without giving him a run of games.

Travis really showed him up in terms of experience at this level and that's not his fault. I also think when he did gamble his balls didn't land right or the run didn't come which doesn't help.

Thought 2nd half he began to carry the ball well but his release ball always a bit off.... I think he will get there but he's still earning his right to be there atm
Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:50 - Jan 13 with 1880 viewsMoriarty

A timely and welcome slap in the stones for Leeds, Soton and others in the peloton. We’ve walked through the valley. A kind of Spartan Stubbornness. And ability. And a manager who knows his onions. And unity.

It will be interesting to see what happens transfer wise. We’ll be patient and resilient. As we are on the field of play.

We went one down. Good strike for them by a good player. Thought they had a few. A reactionary thread appeared here on the blue Clarke after the makem Clarke scored. Hopefully the learned poster will accept what is set in stone - that our players react with resolve and trust in each other, the manager and system. And can be trusted. I uttered a cupla focail myself when they went in front but still I knew we would come back and win.

Brace yourselves Leicester.

fka omuircheartaigh

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 21:10 - Jan 13 with 1805 viewsMullet

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:50 - Jan 13 by Moriarty

A timely and welcome slap in the stones for Leeds, Soton and others in the peloton. We’ve walked through the valley. A kind of Spartan Stubbornness. And ability. And a manager who knows his onions. And unity.

It will be interesting to see what happens transfer wise. We’ll be patient and resilient. As we are on the field of play.

We went one down. Good strike for them by a good player. Thought they had a few. A reactionary thread appeared here on the blue Clarke after the makem Clarke scored. Hopefully the learned poster will accept what is set in stone - that our players react with resolve and trust in each other, the manager and system. And can be trusted. I uttered a cupla focail myself when they went in front but still I knew we would come back and win.

Brace yourselves Leicester.

Our friends up the road are clawing desperately at that hope too

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 21:34 - Jan 13 with 1671 viewsMoriarty

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 21:10 - Jan 13 by Mullet

The green eyed monster that doth mock the meat it feeds on. Their delusion is a cocktail of fear and envy.

We will beat them on 6th of April.

fka omuircheartaigh

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 21:47 - Jan 13 with 1590 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 21:10 - Jan 13 by Mullet

We're on a run of horrificly hard games since WBA away that concludes with Leicester away next week. The fact that it coincides with having the spine ripped out of our team made it extra hard.

These hot takes are no more than stating the bloody obvious tbh. The fact that we've lost a total of 2 of those games is enormous credit to the lads and management and speaks to the amount of grit and cojones our team has.

I wish our fans displayed the same mental strength/bouncebackability/fight as our squad.
Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 22:10 - Jan 13 with 1504 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:27 - Jan 13 by cbower

He fits best as the Chaplin replacement, right now, and had Morsy and/or Luongo been available he wouldn't have played.

But they weren't available, and he played, and we won. He brings an attacking threat which the opposition know about and have to attend to, which spreads them thinner.
Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 22:15 - Jan 13 with 1471 viewsbilllm

Everything against us yet the B Team do an A team on 20:13 - Jan 13 by NthQldITFC

Taylor's not as safe with the ball as Morsy, Luongo or Travis (based on one game), but he improved a lot as the game went on today and he's more athletic than the others. Some nice little dummy turns in the second half and stepping forward with the ball created some decent attacks.

I feel for Taylor McK is making him look bad,
Stans out player for posh tip of the diamond/number ten,
Here to defensive,
Not his game,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024