Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Bates vs the Post office 18:25 - Jan 4 with 13059 viewsbluelagos

Anyone been watching? Would recommend it if not.

On Itvx catch up for dinosoars like me.

Scary how they can literally defend the indefensible, on legal advice, with scant regard for the people being fcked over. When people end up committing suicide then it all becomes a whole new level of evil.

Cnits

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 18:37 - Jan 4 with 5392 viewsblueislander

Brilliant drama.
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 18:38 - Jan 4 with 5395 viewscbower

Well worth watching. Another embarrassing fook-up. It amazes me that our government hasn't simply compensated everyone conerned in full, including repaying lost income. That the cause is still being fought is a further indictment of these charlatans in government.

bluescouser

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 19:01 - Jan 4 with 5357 viewsnorfsufblue

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 18:37 - Jan 4 by blueislander

Brilliant drama.

It is.... however it is such shame that such a great piece of TV is based on such an awful hurt, lies and miscarriage of justice....
Really hope those that still can get every penny back plus considerable recompense , they deserve to see out their futures worry free after all they've been put through.
[Post edited 4 Jan 19:14]
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 19:10 - Jan 4 with 5331 viewsGiant_Midget

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 18:38 - Jan 4 by cbower

Well worth watching. Another embarrassing fook-up. It amazes me that our government hasn't simply compensated everyone conerned in full, including repaying lost income. That the cause is still being fought is a further indictment of these charlatans in government.

Bum, down voted in error.
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 19:10 - Jan 4 with 5333 viewsNthQldITFC

It's the way of the world now, unfortunately. Everybody, it seems, from people in power to people in your family will lie to your face with all the evidence to the contrary in plain view, and they'll do it without any shame. Maybe it's always been the case, but I don't remember things being like this when I was growing up.

Scum like Trump etc. are the enablers for this and it seeps down through all levels of society. Shameless.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 19:37 - Jan 4 with 5281 viewsSwansea_Blue

I heard it was on, but not watching. This should be a much bigger story than it is. It beggars belief what the PO did and were able to get away with. One of our biggest national scandals of all time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 19:48 - Jan 4 with 5250 viewsEwan_Oozami

It was Private Eye that first exposed the scandal but it still took years for anything to be done and by that time it was too late for some..

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/special-reports/justice-lost-in-the-post

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 20:20 - Jan 4 with 5165 viewsfactual_blue

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 19:48 - Jan 4 by Ewan_Oozami

It was Private Eye that first exposed the scandal but it still took years for anything to be done and by that time it was too late for some..

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/special-reports/justice-lost-in-the-post

I think Ian Hislop gives the credit to Computer Weekly, who first publicised the story in 2008/9

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 20:23 - Jan 4 with 5143 viewsBent_double

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 20:20 - Jan 4 by factual_blue

I think Ian Hislop gives the credit to Computer Weekly, who first publicised the story in 2008/9

That sounds about right, I'm sure I remember reading about it in there.

I mean, it was so obviously pointing to an IT error from the start, how they could think that they would get away with blaming the end user - the mind boggles.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 20:26 - Jan 4 with 5156 viewsblueasfook

I had a job interview lined up with Fujitsu last year. On the morning of the interview I remembered they were the company behind the Post Office system, so I cancelled it with about an hour to go. As an IT professional, I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 20:32 - Jan 4 with 5094 viewsCaptainAhab

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 19:37 - Jan 4 by Swansea_Blue

I heard it was on, but not watching. This should be a much bigger story than it is. It beggars belief what the PO did and were able to get away with. One of our biggest national scandals of all time.

Yep I feel the same, don't think I could watch it, the whole thing makes my blood boil. I really hope justice catches up with the guilty one day, absolute scum
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:18 - Jan 4 with 5028 viewsRyorry

Have been tweeting about this, along with thousands of others.

The revelation about Fujitsu scandalously using Horizon to trade currency via secret remote access unknown to the sub-postmasters & passing losses onto them, is beyond shocking. Brilliant docudrama.

Notable that Nadhim Zahawi plays himself, chairing the Select Committee enquiry.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:22 - Jan 4 with 4999 viewsDeano69

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 20:26 - Jan 4 by blueasfook

I had a job interview lined up with Fujitsu last year. On the morning of the interview I remembered they were the company behind the Post Office system, so I cancelled it with about an hour to go. As an IT professional, I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

I won’t sell any Fujitsu IT kit at all. And have great pleasure in replacing it on client sites we inherit.

Watching it just made me angry, but likewise thought it was superbly done. There is also a real story documentary available online too.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:23 - Jan 4 with 4990 viewsWD19

Ed Davey was in attack mode today, raging at the government for not hurrying up compensation.

Conveniently overlooking the fact that he himself was minister responsible for the post office at the time (as part of the coalition) and refused to meet Mr Bates.

One of life’s great mysteries why the Liberal Democrat’s can’t source a halfway competent leader. Should be a great gig for someone right now.
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:29 - Jan 4 with 4960 viewsHelp

Having known a sub post master who was caught up in all this Horizon debacle, and him working hours upon hours to try and prove the missing amounts that kept appearing, and I don't mean small amounts, but always thousands of pounds were not his or his staff errors, but the IT system nearly drove the poor man insane.

A excellent watch and highlights the plight of so many sub post masters who did nothing wrong but were easily blamed by the PO.

Justice should come sooner rather than later
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:33 - Jan 4 with 4935 viewsRyorry

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:22 - Jan 4 by Deano69

I won’t sell any Fujitsu IT kit at all. And have great pleasure in replacing it on client sites we inherit.

Watching it just made me angry, but likewise thought it was superbly done. There is also a real story documentary available online too.

The docu follows after ITV News at 10 tonight I believe.

Knew the facts as in news reports, but the drama really brought home the awful impact on not just the victims & their mental & physical health, but also on their families & communities. Had Mr Bates not campaigned, the scandal might never have been revealed in full. Hats off to that man

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:38 - Jan 4 with 4912 viewsEwan_Oozami

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 20:20 - Jan 4 by factual_blue

That's a good point - I suspect Computer Weekly probably had a higher readership than Private Eye at that time!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:43 - Jan 4 with 4850 viewsdavblue

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:18 - Jan 4 by Ryorry

Have been tweeting about this, along with thousands of others.

The revelation about Fujitsu scandalously using Horizon to trade currency via secret remote access unknown to the sub-postmasters & passing losses onto them, is beyond shocking. Brilliant docudrama.

Notable that Nadhim Zahawi plays himself, chairing the Select Committee enquiry.

and pushing for a clear straight answer in his role. The irony...
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:45 - Jan 4 with 4854 viewsblueasfook

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:33 - Jan 4 by Ryorry

The docu follows after ITV News at 10 tonight I believe.

Knew the facts as in news reports, but the drama really brought home the awful impact on not just the victims & their mental & physical health, but also on their families & communities. Had Mr Bates not campaigned, the scandal might never have been revealed in full. Hats off to that man

It's good these people are finally being exonerated but should never have happened in the first place. People at Fujitsu and the Post Office must have had cause to suspect there was serious bugs in the system but instead chose to ignore it and blame the postmasters.

Absolutely scandalous and the law needs to do its utmost to uncover any corporate wrongdoing and prosecute where proven. I suspect the poor folks who suffered will just be paid compensation and that will be the end of it.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 22:04 - Jan 4 with 4756 viewsronnyd

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 19:10 - Jan 4 by NthQldITFC

It's the way of the world now, unfortunately. Everybody, it seems, from people in power to people in your family will lie to your face with all the evidence to the contrary in plain view, and they'll do it without any shame. Maybe it's always been the case, but I don't remember things being like this when I was growing up.

Scum like Trump etc. are the enablers for this and it seeps down through all levels of society. Shameless.

West Yorkshire Police after the Hillsborough tragedy springs to mind.
Added that i agree that the drama in question was an excellent watch
[Post edited 4 Jan 22:06]
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 22:09 - Jan 4 with 4740 viewsDerryfromBury

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:45 - Jan 4 by blueasfook

It's good these people are finally being exonerated but should never have happened in the first place. People at Fujitsu and the Post Office must have had cause to suspect there was serious bugs in the system but instead chose to ignore it and blame the postmasters.

Absolutely scandalous and the law needs to do its utmost to uncover any corporate wrongdoing and prosecute where proven. I suspect the poor folks who suffered will just be paid compensation and that will be the end of it.

Just now watching the final episode. £48m legal fees, the mind boggles. With regard to that piece of scum Paula Vennells they should take away her CBE and award it to Alan Bates on behalf of all the postmasters affected.

I don't know if its likely but, wouldn't it be justice for some of those responsible to spend time in prison themselves.

As for the programme, brilliant drama, congrats to all concerned.
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 22:15 - Jan 4 with 4708 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

The fact that there are three different compenation schemes "running" suggests that nobody is in a particular hurry to pay.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 22:34 - Jan 4 with 4610 viewsMattinLondon

Before this scandal was known I walked into my then local newsagent (which doubled up as a post office) and the fella who served me was on the front page of the Evening Star in connection with stealing from the Post Office. Think he had been charged by the police and he looked like a broken man.

I remember him as being a friendly and helpful man. I was too cowardly to strike up a conversation with him despite him being at that newsagents for some time. Hope everything worked out for him.
Mr Bates vs the Post office on 22:45 - Jan 4 with 4558 viewsRyorry

One thing that wasn't brought up in the final episode but was a big point made (in ep 3 I think) was that the contracts the sub-Postmasters signed, compelling them to make good any losses, weren't even legally valid. Wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the things Alan Bates & team are still working on.

Additional big point made in the final ep this eve was that all those losses which the sub-Postmosters suffered (ie which the PO stole from them) ended up in the Post Office's audited *profits*.

Post Office, 100% owned by the Govt., knowingly & ongoing, acted fraudulently, despite the fact that some of those wrongly accused were taking their own lives.

Paul Vennells being given the CBE looks to me like clear proof of Govt. corruption & a cover-up - rewarding her for lying to protect them 🤬

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 22:50 - Jan 4 with 4535 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mr Bates vs the Post office on 21:23 - Jan 4 by WD19

Ed Davey was in attack mode today, raging at the government for not hurrying up compensation.

Conveniently overlooking the fact that he himself was minister responsible for the post office at the time (as part of the coalition) and refused to meet Mr Bates.

One of life’s great mysteries why the Liberal Democrat’s can’t source a halfway competent leader. Should be a great gig for someone right now.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024