Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead 11:27 - Jan 2 with 5106 viewstractorboy1978

Considering he was withdrawn from WBA due to lack of minutes, I think it is safe to assume Sarmiento is coming here to establish himself as a starter. I wonder if we might start seeing Broadhead a bit more as a striker, which is where he played predominantly for Sunderland to good effect. If so, perhaps that means we aren't necessarily looking for two out and out strikers in this window.
Broadhead on 11:32 - Jan 2 with 4951 viewsSomethingBlue

I too am wondering how we can offer Sarmiento enough starts at the outset, although "recalled due to lack of minutes" can also be code for "recalled because we think he'd develop better in different hands". I don't see Broadhead being an option at CF to be honest, our style needs a spearhead and he's not really that – perhaps a possibility sometimes if we need to change things in-game though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Broadhead on 11:37 - Jan 2 with 4839 viewsVic

That was my thought too.

With Hirst basically out for the season we push Broady into the middle and bring in one other quality central striker to compete with him. Tactically it gives us flexibility if the form of any one of them drops off.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Broadhead on 11:37 - Jan 2 with 4828 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Broadhead on 11:32 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

I too am wondering how we can offer Sarmiento enough starts at the outset, although "recalled due to lack of minutes" can also be code for "recalled because we think he'd develop better in different hands". I don't see Broadhead being an option at CF to be honest, our style needs a spearhead and he's not really that – perhaps a possibility sometimes if we need to change things in-game though.

We have lacked something to break down teams when they are very defensive like Stoke yesterday (and whenever the opposition has gone down to 10 men). Scarlett has been utilised a bit in this role but I think Sarmiento will probably offer something that he didn't. I expect more pace and dribbling similar to Hutchinson. Hopefully something to help us to break down the opposition.

I suspect he will be like our signings at this time last season. Initially he will be off the pace and some will ask why we signed him but in time he will show what he is offering.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Broadhead on 11:38 - Jan 2 with 4799 viewsDubtractor

Agree with that spearhead comment.

Having that option of a long ball to Hirst - and knowing there is a good chance he'll hold on to it - has been a key part of our attacking play this season, and noticeably missing in the last 2 games.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Broadhead on 11:40 - Jan 2 with 4754 viewsMookamoo

You would think Lapado will move on in January which will mean we get 2 main CFs.

I don't think this is too crowded bearing in mind rotation & injury
Broadhead / Chaplin / Burns
Sarmiento / Harness / Hutchinson

That also leaves Jackson, Taylor and Humpreys to fill in the gaps
Broadhead on 11:47 - Jan 2 with 4610 viewsbilllm

With harness as well I think your spot on,
Will only be one permanent striker in which may already be nearly done,
Only say this as we keep our cards close and McK announcing to the world how long Hirst is out for isn't something town do these days,
That would only making deals financially harder,
Broadhead on 12:03 - Jan 2 with 4368 viewstractorboy1978

I think it is going to be such a hard position to recruit for. Getting two of a sufficient quality and with the attributes we want could be tough. I agree re a spearhead but I am not sure that comes in the traditional guise. We need someone that can press, drop in, link up play and that is mobile as well as score a few goals rather than a 'big man' necessarily. I'd argue Broadhead has more of those attributes than Ladapo for example.
Broadhead on 12:12 - Jan 2 with 4262 viewstextbackup

Broadhead on 11:38 - Jan 2 by Dubtractor

Agree with that spearhead comment.

Having that option of a long ball to Hirst - and knowing there is a good chance he'll hold on to it - has been a key part of our attacking play this season, and noticeably missing in the last 2 games.

I’d like to see the stats for what Hirst holds up, because sometimes it seems a game has gone by and he’s controlled nothing.
Other games a fair bit.

Also, this signing could be a kick up the arse for Broadband that he needs. Because his form of late has been concerning
[Post edited 2 Jan 12:17]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead on 12:20 - Jan 2 with 4210 viewsIllinoisblue

Not sure Broady has the physicality to play that role as effectively as Hirst did. Certainly as a back-up wouldn’t be against it but if the window shuts and he’s the main striking option, that will be significantly less than ideal.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Broadhead on 12:27 - Jan 2 with 4091 viewstextbackup

Broadhead on 12:20 - Jan 2 by Illinoisblue

Not sure Broady has the physicality to play that role as effectively as Hirst did. Certainly as a back-up wouldn’t be against it but if the window shuts and he’s the main striking option, that will be significantly less than ideal.

Less than ideal = complete failure in transfer market

Broadhead on 12:40 - Jan 2 with 3979 viewsIllinoisblue

Broadhead on 12:27 - Jan 2 by textbackup

Less than ideal = complete failure in transfer market

Jan 2nd = plenty of time. If we a window only half as good as the last one that should see us in playoffs you’d think. If we have a window as good or better than the last one, party time.

62 - 78 - 81

Broadhead on 12:46 - Jan 2 with 3892 viewsSomethingBlue

Broadhead on 11:37 - Jan 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

We have lacked something to break down teams when they are very defensive like Stoke yesterday (and whenever the opposition has gone down to 10 men). Scarlett has been utilised a bit in this role but I think Sarmiento will probably offer something that he didn't. I expect more pace and dribbling similar to Hutchinson. Hopefully something to help us to break down the opposition.

I suspect he will be like our signings at this time last season. Initially he will be off the pace and some will ask why we signed him but in time he will show what he is offering.

Yep this is fair. I think Sarmiento will be a bit more considered than Hutchinson too, lovely mover but probably more precise on the ball and adept at those little interplays around the box that can unlock defences. This feels like a very good one to me, let's hope we are right.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Broadhead on 12:46 - Jan 2 with 3887 viewstextbackup

Broadhead on 12:40 - Jan 2 by Illinoisblue

Jan 2nd = plenty of time. If we a window only half as good as the last one that should see us in playoffs you’d think. If we have a window as good or better than the last one, party time.

I certainly didn’t mean we should have the players in by the 2nd of Jan 😂

What I did mean is that if the window shuts, and our striking options are Broadhead ladapo and jackson then it’s a failed window, considering the length of time Hirst is out for.

Broadhead on 12:53 - Jan 2 with 3779 viewsRimsy

Broadhead on 12:46 - Jan 2 by textbackup

What I did mean is that if the window shuts, and our striking options are Broadhead ladapo and jackson then it’s a failed window, considering the length of time Hirst is out for.

If we can't get an upgrade on Ladapo and especially Jackson, this window will be a major disappointment. Hopefully those 2 will be moved on.

BlueBlood

Broadhead on 12:53 - Jan 2 with 3774 viewsyorkshireblue

Broadhead on 11:47 - Jan 2 by billlm

With harness as well I think your spot on,
Will only be one permanent striker in which may already be nearly done,
Only say this as we keep our cards close and McK announcing to the world how long Hirst is out for isn't something town do these days,
That would only making deals financially harder,

But equally makes us more attractive both to players and loan clubs.

Anyone (or parent club) know they will likely get plenty of mins - which might not have been the case if Hirst was available.
Broadhead on 12:57 - Jan 2 with 3727 viewsIllinoisblue

Broadhead on 12:46 - Jan 2 by textbackup

Fairly confident Ashton will pull some rabbits out the hat

62 - 78 - 81

I’d suggest competition for Broadhead and a new striker (n/t) on 13:23 - Jan 2 with 3516 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Broadhead on 14:13 - Jan 2 with 3313 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m of a similar mind. I don’t think Broady will be a first choice striker option. Maybe only if we’re forced into it or, as you say, KM wants to try something different. I don’t know much about this new guy, but does he give us a genuine winger alternative to Wes on the right or as a left winger playing ahead of a more defensive LB when Davis isn’t available?

I’d also be a bit nervous if I was Harness or Jackson. You’d think this pushes them down the pecking order (unless Jackson is preferred as Hirst’s replacement). And the more I think about Jackson as first choice striker, the more I think we need to bust a gut to get a proper, hard-working and technically proficient front man in.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Broadhead on 08:52 - Jan 8 with 2253 viewstractorboy1978

Another 25 minutes for Broadhead through the middle on Saturday. Hopefully we have someone in before the Sunderland game but if not I think we may see him start up top.
Broadhead on 10:05 - Jan 8 with 1788 viewsChaplinsLob

Genuinely surprised that Chaplin isn't being mentioned more as a makeshift striker. Not suggesting we should stop looking for a new striker, but I'd love to see him more forward while we look for/train up a new No.9. If Broadhead, why not Chaplin?
Broadhead on 11:49 - Jan 8 with 1384 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I think this is almost certainly what's going to happen. McKenna's been easing Broadhead into the striker role for a couple of games now. It'll mean changing how we play slightly, but Sarmiento is a quality option who has come in to start.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Broadhead on 13:02 - Jan 8 with 1173 viewsNthQldITFC

Broadhead on 11:49 - Jan 8 by ThatMuhrenCross

I think this is almost certainly what's going to happen. McKenna's been easing Broadhead into the striker role for a couple of games now. It'll mean changing how we play slightly, but Sarmiento is a quality option who has come in to start.

That chest trap, flick, turn and shot from the edge of the box against Wimbledon tells me he's got a certain direct threat in the number 9 role as well as obviously being a great layer-off if he can get the ball under. Not sure how well he'll do if centre-backs go really tight to him, but I suspect he might draw a few fouls. He'll get battered a bit, but hopefully has the determination to persevere through that and can avoid injury.

He won't be able to move centre backs around or close down as well as Hirst does, but I wonder if Burns might play a little narrower to compensate?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Broadhead on 13:05 - Jan 8 with 1145 viewssjg

Broadhead on 11:49 - Jan 8 by ThatMuhrenCross

If this was plan A don't you think a cup game vs Wimbledon would be the perfect time to test it from minute 1?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024