Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by 10:59 - Dec 30 with 5265 viewsjasondozzell

I can't believe some are threatening to return to last year's madness. Can only assume it's the supporters who returned during success.

Depressing frankly. I know it's only a vocal minority but really sticks in the craw..

McKenna's comments about players being human beings and the flat atmosphere suggests he's also aware of it. What we've done this season is superhuman - a top end League 1 squad has stormed the first half of the championship season and is holding its own against huge premier League monied giants including the 2016 champions. Playing brilliant football too.

We've drawn a home game and found it tough with a number of injuries. Pretty normal in football.

Disgraceful comments about Ladapo and Jackson amongst others. Freddie is only human. It must be difficult for him at the moment - he' may well be off in Jan and he's had to sit on the bench after being top striker at the start of 22/23. He's still come.on and had an impaxt.in games this season. You can hardly.blame him for feeling a bit disgruntled.

He fired us to promotion and people are saying get him out of the club as soon as possible and he's useless! Ditto work Jackson, a player Mckenna has huge respect for and who puts the team first every time. Tired of people talking about players as if they are commodities only. That horrible disease of modern football - wanting to 'upgrade' players all the time and dismissing them as rubbish as soon as there's a tricky patch. People on twitter saying bye to Aluko, Jackson,. Ball in a sarky manner. Ignorant of all they've contributed.

It was disappointing last night but the players gave it their all.

The whole point of support is that you support the team. How would some of these supporters have dealt with Lincoln putting 5 past us? Or any of the horrors of the past 20 years?!

The team is not a product you return because it's not doing what you want

Whatever happens this season it's been absolutely brilliant effort.

If people want to hold onto McKenna then some could start with thinkiing about comments and attitude.

At least when 8000 of us were losing will to live logging on to ifollow you couldn't question anyone's loyalty!
Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:41 - Dec 30 with 3895 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Agreed. I don't think McKenna was happy with the supporters last night and I don't blame him.

Fans are stupid if they think we can put in a free flowing performance, when 5 of our best players are replaced by Ladapo, Ball and Humphreys who've hardly played this season.

Annoyed the hell out of me listening to people booing in the West Stand after the final whistle. And I don't buy that any of it was aimed at the ref.
Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:43 - Dec 30 with 3878 viewsLankHenners

The atmosphere was disappointing last night but I don't think historical performances mean you can't say a player had a bad game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:50 - Dec 30 with 3810 viewsZx1988

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:43 - Dec 30 by LankHenners

The atmosphere was disappointing last night but I don't think historical performances mean you can't say a player had a bad game.

I agree with you there.

However, that's miles away from the bloke behind me who let rip with "I f***ing hate you, Freddie" after his first touch of the ball last night, which rather set the tone for his discourse throughout the match.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:57 - Dec 30 with 3760 viewsDurovigutum

I’ve not been this season (life) but I think if I had to sit next to the person sitting next to me last night again I’d not want to go again this season. Utterly clueless about everything, moaning about all the changes, shouted complaints about one thing against Fred then praised the same for Hutchinson, every refereeing decision was wrong, no ability to see what players were attempting and kept shouting “wake up”. The biggest worry for me was this was in the family area (I was there with 11 and 13 year olds) and those younger ones around seemed to be considering this was the norm by the end of the game (no idea why they were in the family stand). I normally see this from plastic Man U fans who’ve never seen “their” team live - now these are at games moaning without having enjoyed Town 0 Preston 0 under Mick when the wine gum game failed to keep to boy entertained (you could have a wine gum if there’s a corner or shot or target - 72 minutes later the pack was untouched).
Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:58 - Dec 30 with 3745 viewsWhos_blue

I don't think it's been a terrible December.
At the start of the month I predicted WLDWLDW = 11 points.
Results were WWWDLDD = 12 points.
Leeds will be bemoaning a worse December
Leicester will run way with the league and good luck to them. They might end up helping us out
The Saints are the team to beat. Finish above them and I think we'll do it. No easy task though.

Regarding the booing, I sat near the tunnel end in the west stand upper last night and didn't hear any booing around me at all. In fact there was a reasonably warm round of applause.

I thought SBR (my usual seat) was quite subdued first half, but very good second half.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:59 - Dec 30 with 3738 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:43 - Dec 30 by LankHenners

I agree that Ladapo had a bad game and will probably move on, but to boo the team...?

FFP and transfer windows has completely changed how quickly clubs can progress.

We're not ready for the PL. If a miracle happens and we're promoted this season, are fans going to boo if we get pumped by Brighton or Brentford? Sadly the answer is yes.
Totally agree on 12:01 - Dec 30 with 3717 viewsDyland

Clueless ignorant moronic imbeciles. Nothing else to add really.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:04 - Dec 30 with 3690 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Very good post.

As poor as it was last night, let’s not forget this is probably the first game under McKenna where we really didn’t do anything in a game - it happens, especially when we were considerably weakened in our line up. Had Ladapo scored in the first 10mins, it might’ve been a different game.

I think it’s also worth remembering that 4 or 5 that started last night haven’t really had many minutes recently, so for them to be really sharp and on it was a big ask and it did show at times. Williams and Hutchinson weren’t what we’ve seen, Humphreys did well but hasn’t played many games, Ball drafted in with limited minutes and Ladapo, who isn’t the sharpest athlete, also struggled.

It sounds like it might be too soon for those missing yesterday bar Morsy to make the Stoke game, but we should be in a much better position ahead of Sunderland.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:07]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Login to get fewer ads

Totally agree on 12:04 - Dec 30 with 3686 viewsPowrigan

Totally agree on 12:01 - Dec 30 by Dyland

God forbid being annoyed with a month where we threw away a considerable points gap.
It's infuriating isn't it on 12:07 - Dec 30 with 3650 viewsDyland

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 11:57 - Dec 30 by Durovigutum

I’ve not been this season (life) but I think if I had to sit next to the person sitting next to me last night again I’d not want to go again this season. Utterly clueless about everything, moaning about all the changes, shouted complaints about one thing against Fred then praised the same for Hutchinson, every refereeing decision was wrong, no ability to see what players were attempting and kept shouting “wake up”. The biggest worry for me was this was in the family area (I was there with 11 and 13 year olds) and those younger ones around seemed to be considering this was the norm by the end of the game (no idea why they were in the family stand). I normally see this from plastic Man U fans who’ve never seen “their” team live - now these are at games moaning without having enjoyed Town 0 Preston 0 under Mick when the wine gum game failed to keep to boy entertained (you could have a wine gum if there’s a corner or shot or target - 72 minutes later the pack was untouched).

I've started telling these morons to shut up, which probably won't end well for me (I'm a lover not a fighter) but I can't help it any more. Why should a handful of ignorant clueless cowards ruin it for everyone else? If you can't support and encourage the team and instead get your knickers in a twist and groan and moan like a spoiled brat when players make mistakes, don't fooking go ffs.

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:07 - Dec 30 with 3652 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I agree regarding the knee-jerk and delusional reactions of SOME supporters, probably many of them ‘casual’ fans, and the usual edge lords on here.

However I disagree regarding this affecting whether we keep KM, I think that’s nonsense- our fans a no more, or no less fickle than any other team. Look at West Ham wanting Moyes out after a European trophy and 6th place in the PL. Man U fans are in glorious meltdown after years of success and entitlement. If KM goes, there will be far less leeway from other fanbases.

He’s not going to leave because of a couple of flat atmospheres over a period where there is probably an element of saturation of games and weariness from fans.
Nice straw man Powers on 12:12 - Dec 30 with 3569 viewsDyland

Totally agree on 12:04 - Dec 30 by Powrigan

God forbid being annoyed with a month where we threw away a considerable points gap.

What are you talking about? I'm criticising people who yell abuse and moan at every mistake certain players make. Things they would never do if they were at pitchside or face to face with the player. Listen to McKenna's comments about support, he agrees with me and the vast majority, obviously.

On your point though, I look at it as having an amazing season, up to now. There will be ebbs and flow, and a lot more twists and turns still to come.

Fans are entitled and quite frankly pretty pathetic if their overriding feeling at the moment is one of negativity about December.

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:12 - Dec 30 with 3554 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I think there’s some confusion about what was booed last night, the referee allowed Begovic to run down our added on time, sure there was some overall disappointment last night, but the booing was aimed at the officiating and not Aluko as some are making out.
Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:18 - Dec 30 with 3455 viewsPowrigan

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:12 - Dec 30 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I think there’s some confusion about what was booed last night, the referee allowed Begovic to run down our added on time, sure there was some overall disappointment last night, but the booing was aimed at the officiating and not Aluko as some are making out.

People on here just want it to fit their narrative
Nice straw man Powers on 12:30 - Dec 30 with 3360 viewspointofblue

Nice straw man Powers on 12:12 - Dec 30 by Dyland

What are you talking about? I'm criticising people who yell abuse and moan at every mistake certain players make. Things they would never do if they were at pitchside or face to face with the player. Listen to McKenna's comments about support, he agrees with me and the vast majority, obviously.

On your point though, I look at it as having an amazing season, up to now. There will be ebbs and flow, and a lot more twists and turns still to come.

Fans are entitled and quite frankly pretty pathetic if their overriding feeling at the moment is one of negativity about December.

The stupid thing is, if we move the draws to Middlesbrough and Watford away, and the wins to Norwich and QPR at home, fans would probably feel happier right now. The points total would be the same, but we would have had a couple of wins in the last four, rather than three draws and a defeat. But I like to look at it that we beat two strong teams at home and, as recently as one game ago with our best team, more than held our own against the most consistent team in the league.

Yesterday was going to be a struggle from the moment the line ups came out and, yes, maybe wrongly, it deflated me as soon as I saw who was missing. It probably affected quite a few fans and led to the flat atmosphere at the start. I thought in general it improved as the match went in, especially in the second half.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:31 - Dec 30 with 3370 viewsRonFearonsHair

The sense of entitlement in the fan base was beautifully summed up by the number of people crossing the road to the station and walking in front of moving traffic after the match despite it not being closed and the lights being green. Not much point applauding the emergency services if you’re then going to potentially stretch them further through your own stupidity.

iTs Ok ThOuGh CoZ eVrYWoN eLsE iS dOoWuN iT.
Totally agree on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 3340 viewsSuffolktractor

There is hell of a difference between being annoyed/disappointed, and booing and picking on individual players and going on line and saying in a lot of cases some quite vitriolic things.
We supposedly all support the same club, so get behind them, accept that sometimes things don’t go according to plan and celebrate the times they do.
Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 3342 viewsSenatorBlue

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:18 - Dec 30 by Powrigan

People on here just want it to fit their narrative

I said walking up to the ground last night that the crowd “seemed different”. You get used to seeing the same faces, and feeling the same vibe, but both lost night seemed different. Quite a few unfamiliar sitting around us, most likely taking a holiday season opportunity to see what our great team is all about. Groups singing about battering QPR before the game had even kicked off. I think when you turn up on a one off opportunity, you have an expectation based on everything you’ve seen on TV and read online.

I sit SBR upper, and a really great group around us who only know each other from 90 mins every other week. At the final whistle there was definitely an audible short lived boo on the final whistle. You know the lazy sort, of disapproval of the game. It didn’t feel directed at the ref. Just lazy.

Not just Aluko, but Woolfie also showed his disdain, and I don’t blame him/them. Injuries and sickness had decimated the team, with the patched together team working their nuts off to get a result, if understandably quite disjointed. Apart from a short period after the subs, the crowd was flat also. Perhaps too many games in a short and away from football, busy period. It can be though to maintain that crowd intensity with so many games in a short period.

January will see things back to normal, and it’s going to be one hell of a second half of season ride.

PS. Equally disappointed at losing our points gap, but proud of where we are, and that gap is only gone because of an unbelievable Saints run. I’m hoping for once our neighbours get a result NYD.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:35]
Totally agree on 12:36 - Dec 30 with 3281 viewsSitfcB

Totally agree on 12:01 - Dec 30 by Dyland

Frimmers hasn’t posted anything yet?!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Totally agree on 12:37 - Dec 30 with 3269 viewspeterleeblue

You really don't understand anything about professional football do you.
Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 14:19 - Dec 30 with 2949 viewsBuhrer

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:31 - Dec 30 by RonFearonsHair

The sense of entitlement in the fan base was beautifully summed up by the number of people crossing the road to the station and walking in front of moving traffic after the match despite it not being closed and the lights being green. Not much point applauding the emergency services if you’re then going to potentially stretch them further through your own stupidity.

iTs Ok ThOuGh CoZ eVrYWoN eLsE iS dOoWuN iT.

Hasn't this always been the case? Fans stopping traffic crossing roads en masse isn't evidence of entitlement.
Totally agree on 15:06 - Dec 30 with 2812 viewsWhos_blue

This is all about perspective.
You've every right to feel annoyed and to post about it too, but likewise, others have the right to disagree and to state a different opinion.
My personal feelings are not of annoyance, but more concerned about the injuries we have and the sickness bug.
A 12 point haul is decent when you consider the teams we've played this month.
I haven't checked, but I think only two teams in the top 8 have had a better month overall
We did more than enough to beat Norwich and though our finishing was off, we were much the better side last night.
They hit the post once. Begovich made 3 or 4 good saves.
I think this is why your post has been met with the scorn it has.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Totally agree on 15:11 - Dec 30 with 2771 viewsFifeITFC

Totally agree on 12:36 - Dec 30 by SitfcB

Frimmers hasn’t posted anything yet?!

Don't tempt him.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 15:15 - Dec 30 with 2742 viewsTheBoyBlue

Entitlement again - the sort of thing that McKenna isn't impressed by on 12:12 - Dec 30 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I can't believe booing was aimed at anyone in particular. Maybe in the moment frustration with the result, the ref (although he was pretty decent) and/or QPR's timewasting.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Totally agree on 17:41 - Dec 30 with 2271 viewsHerbivore

Go and support Man City, we don't need bed wetters like you to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024