Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There was always a danger.. 10:30 - Dec 29 with 1563 viewsBobbychase

...that our results in the calendar year of 2023 would breed a bit of complacency and entitlement among some fans. It's just natural and we shouldn't be surprised.

But tonight the team needs everyone to get off their seats and get behind them. We need to win games like this to keep Saints and Leeds at bay, and we go into it without Morsy and Hirst and maybe others.

Ladapo and Jackson may not be everyone's first choice but they are the ones who will have to step up until Hirst is back and/or replacements come in. I didn't like some of the mutterings about Jackson from people around me in the SBR v Leicester. I'm surprised he's still here but McKenna has earned the right to make decisions based on what he sees in training.

So forget your own personal preferences and make some noise tonight, even when things aren't going well. We built a nice head of steam in the last 20 minutes v Leicester and the crowd played a part in that.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

There was always a danger.. on 10:43 - Dec 29 with 1490 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, this is really important. Tonight has 1-0 away win all over it if we don't perform.

And agree on the response to Jackson, obviously a drop off from Hurst but so is everyone else in our squad and some fans still don't get that McKenna's approach is all about the attributes that players have.

COYFB.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

There was always a danger.. on 10:53 - Dec 29 with 1457 viewstextbackup

I think people are reading too much into a subdued PR vs Leicester.

I know I was full to the brim of food, 2 seriously busy days. Singing at football just didn’t enter brain as something I felt like doing.

Tonight will be very different

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

There was always a danger.. on 10:55 - Dec 29 with 1434 viewsBluespeed225

Think the Leeds result and the Norwich draw removed any thoughts of complacency, Leicester game , at going a goal down, we (fans) feared the worst, BUT, end of first half and the last 20 we all seemed to have had a rethink, and it started to come back together. As Mass’ said, momentum started again. Tonight is like a reboot in some ways. We’re in a great position, have got through a really tough period and have given ourselves a chance to consolidate. Need to win tonight to take to Stoke, a winnable game, nice little Cup break and then see what the window brings. Fingers crossed for Hirst.
BANG ON Bobby - a depleted Town need the 12th man tonight on 11:06 - Dec 29 with 1374 viewsunstableblue

Depleted Town side

Crucial fixture to keep up the pressure on the parachute teams around us

Town fans and especially the Lower North need to bring the A game

Rabid unconditional support for all players!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 11:43]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

There was always a danger.. on 11:25 - Dec 29 with 1309 views_clive_baker_

There was always a danger.. on 10:53 - Dec 29 by textbackup

I know I was full to the brim of food, 2 seriously busy days. Singing at football just didn’t enter brain as something I felt like doing.

Personally I was as pissed as a pregnancy test and can’t remember too much about the game tbh.
There was always a danger.. on 11:47 - Dec 29 with 1250 viewsstonojnr

There was always a danger.. on 10:53 - Dec 29 by textbackup

I didnt think the atmosphere was subdued v Leicester.
There was always a danger.. on 11:51 - Dec 29 with 1236 viewsHerbivore

We need to be the twelfth man tonight. Likely to see a few changes due to injuries and tiredness, both sides I'm sure will be a bit heavy legged from a tough festive period, and those factors can easily lead to unexpected results. They're not in bad form and have become much harder to beat so this could be a tight and somewhat scrappy affair at times. We need to help the players to keep their levels up as much as we can, a win tonight puts a nice full stop on 2023 and a difficult run of games but it's far from a given.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

There was always a danger.. on 11:59 - Dec 29 with 1198 viewstextbackup

There was always a danger.. on 11:47 - Dec 29 by stonojnr

I didnt think the atmosphere was subdued v Leicester.

Fair enough, I’m uppa NS, pioneer side, and could only hear leicester fans

Login to get fewer ads

There was always a danger.. on 12:51 - Dec 29 with 1098 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

There was always a danger.. on 11:25 - Dec 29 by _clive_baker_

Personally I was as pissed as a pregnancy test and can’t remember too much about the game tbh.

Would have been an ideal situation for you to have gone onto the pitch and start shouting "Let's be 'avin' you !"

Let’s make this a celebration of 2023 - one of Towns best years on 13:21 - Dec 29 with 1019 viewsunstableblue

There was always a danger.. on 11:51 - Dec 29 by Herbivore

We need to be the twelfth man tonight. Likely to see a few changes due to injuries and tiredness, both sides I'm sure will be a bit heavy legged from a tough festive period, and those factors can easily lead to unexpected results. They're not in bad form and have become much harder to beat so this could be a tight and somewhat scrappy affair at times. We need to help the players to keep their levels up as much as we can, a win tonight puts a nice full stop on 2023 and a difficult run of games but it's far from a given.

Really agree with your post Herbie, going to be hard for a depleted Town, to bring that incredible work rate from Boxing Day to this match.

We know what a Portman Road roar can do to our attacking waves and intent.

COYFB

Note - QPR actually on a 3 game losing streak: 2-0 (Millwall (a)) 1-0 (Saints (h) 2-1 (Sheff Weds (a)) Good on some ways, but their manager will be desperate to arrest that slide. Interestingly their possession was 64%, 39% and 51%

So good possession away, but to lower level teams, where they conceded 2.
Am sure even our weakened attack cam get some joy.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

There was always a danger.. on 14:59 - Dec 29 with 907 viewstextbackup

They haven’t won in 4, 3 losses in a row, and a draw (draw against 10 man Plymouth for about 65mins)

Not sure I’d call that ‘not bad form’

There was always a danger.. on 15:15 - Dec 29 with 860 viewsHerbivore

There was always a danger.. on 14:59 - Dec 29 by textbackup

They haven’t won in 4, 3 losses in a row, and a draw (draw against 10 man Plymouth for about 65mins)

Not sure I’d call that ‘not bad form’

Compared to earlier in the season they've been doing better. Generally their games have been quite tight and they're midtable in the current form table, so not doing awfully. They've closed the gap a bit to fourth from bottom since the new manager came in.

There was always a danger.. on 09:34 - Dec 30 with 666 viewsHerbivore

We were not the twelfth man last night.

We really weren't on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 659 viewsDyland

There was always a danger.. on 09:34 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

We were not the twelfth man last night.

Upper North full of moaning, groaning mooks.

Ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We really weren't on 09:37 - Dec 30 with 653 viewsHerbivore

We really weren't on 09:35 - Dec 30 by Dyland

Ffs.

Lower North was not much better, sadly. With all those absences they really needed good backing and they didn't get it.

We really weren't on 09:41 - Dec 30 with 634 viewsDubtractor

We really weren't on 09:35 - Dec 30 by Dyland

Ffs.

Bloke behind me (in upper north) reckoned it was the 'worst game he'd ever seen'.

Mind you, the bloke behind me spends the game whining about pretty much every aspect of what we do. I have no idea what he gets from coming, but I'm 100% certain that he has only started coming as we are now good.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024