Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town 23:41 - Dec 27 with 3129 viewsunstableblue

There was a sequence of Town play on 66mins which was breath taking - technical, powerful and intricate - and a moment when players on much lower wages and low transfer fees, outshone their wealthy opposition.

Let me relive it for you:

1. Clarke throw to Hladky at right corner post in front of Leicester fans
2. Hladky to Wolf
3. Wolf to Clark
4. Clark to Morsy
5. We've edge of our own box on right now
6. Morsy back to Wolf in area
7. Wolf sweeps across penalty area to Burgess
Burgess really pressed by the brilliant Dewsbury Hall
8. Last minute pass though to David on left touchline
9. David infield to Taylor ahead of our box
10. Taylor drives forward under pressure to halfway line, fending off his man - brilliant
11. lips to Harness on left touchline
He dinks to go further wide, rather than in-field, takes out two of their players
12. Checks back to Davis
13. Brilliant driven ball into Taylor, who shoots but hits defender and loops into air at the D
14. Clarke comes in really hard but wins it fairly mid air against Winks
PORTMAN ROAD ERUPTS - THE ROAR
15. Burgess picks it up deeper, gives to Morsy
16. He runs forward, jinking, finds Clark right side midway up Leicester half
Lovely shoulder drop gives him times from his press
17. Passes to Burns right wing
18. Excellent dangerous cross.. Leicester scramble to clear.. just needed THAT striker

PHEW!!!

Its only when you type it out (like a statto weirdo), you just begin to truly marvel at the just pure pleasure we are being given this season

This is against assembled for MILLIONS and MILLIONS and breaking all Championship records. We more than matched them.

Now back to the ROAR. Just incredible noise and passion. Showing that the players seem to need to go that extra mile to fire us up!
Lets give it to them without that inspiration shall we? so we inspire them! on the odd occasion that is. And of course not wanting to tell you how to support (wibble).

These Are The Days (don't change it again Phil we know what happened last time?!) - celebrate every moment people.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 07:26 - Dec 28 with 2447 viewsPendejo

If people are there in almost twice the numbers it dipped to, why not go one step further and up the noise?

Should be 12th man from beginning to end, and if people can't support this team; why bother turning up?

Bring the noize!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:02 - Dec 28 with 2217 viewsPinewoodblue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 07:26 - Dec 28 by Pendejo

If people are there in almost twice the numbers it dipped to, why not go one step further and up the noise?

Should be 12th man from beginning to end, and if people can't support this team; why bother turning up?

Bring the noize!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:08 - Dec 28 with 2167 viewsMeadowlark

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:02 - Dec 28 by Pinewoodblue

I seem to remember that the first time Slade's "Come on feel the noise" was played live was over the PA system at Stamford Bridge when we played there in 1973.
Anyone else remember pre-match playlists from the 70s?
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:14 - Dec 28 with 2148 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is what I mean.

A fantastic town move, brilliant excellent.

Final cross nowhere near a player in blue. Leicester attack and almost score.

But ROARRRRRR

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:19 - Dec 28 with 2109 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:14 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

This is what I mean.

But ROARRRRRR

I guess you had to be there.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:19 - Dec 28 with 2109 viewsPinewoodblue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:08 - Dec 28 by Meadowlark

I seem to remember that the first time Slade's "Come on feel the noise" was played live was over the PA system at Stamford Bridge when we played there in 1973.

Written about the buzz they received from the audience when they performed live. Hard to believe it was released 50 years ago.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:29 - Dec 28 with 2043 viewsHerbivore

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:14 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

This is what I mean.

But ROARRRRRR

Don't ruin yet another thread with your hateful nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:32 - Dec 28 with 2000 viewsFrimleyBlue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:29 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

Don't ruin yet another thread with your hateful nonsense.

Ok

i loved the way a brilliant move came to nothing. hurrah.

if only there was a 10 ft striker on the pitch

better?

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:34 - Dec 28 with 1993 viewsHerbivore

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:32 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Ok

better?

No. Maybe just piss off for a bit, yeah?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:35 - Dec 28 with 1985 viewsnorth_stand77

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:08 - Dec 28 by Meadowlark

Always remember S-S-S Single Bed by Fox 1976 ish.

Oh and singing ' Bye Bye West Ham' to the words of Bye Bye Baby by the Bay City Rollers at the ill fated FA Cup semi final at Stamford Bridge in 1975. (Thanks Clive Thomas...)
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:43 - Dec 28 with 1938 viewsStewart27

This is what I mean.

But ROARRRRRR

Dear oh dear

You’ve missed the point of the thread.

But you already knew that.
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:45 - Dec 28 with 1915 viewsFrimleyBlue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:34 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

No. Maybe just piss off for a bit, yeah?

Oh, sorry I tried.

Better luck next time I guess.

I shall go and leave you to enjoy the erm, moment

Waka waka eh eh

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:54 - Dec 28 with 1849 viewsStewart27

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:45 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Oh, sorry I tried.

Better luck next time I guess.

I shall go and leave you to enjoy the erm, moment

Him and many others who have enjoyed this thread and will probably watch the moment back as a result.

Just out of interest. Do you only enjoy the moments when we score?
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:57 - Dec 28 with 1802 viewsFrimleyBlue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:54 - Dec 28 by Stewart27

Him and many others who have enjoyed this thread and will probably watch the moment back as a result.

Just out of interest. Do you only enjoy the moments when we score?

Oh I bet they will, I did myself hence I was suprised by the ending being described like a worldie ball into the box, just gagging for a striker, but it wasnt, but sssh can't be negative.

And yes I do very much so.

Waka waka eh eh

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:02 - Dec 28 with 1757 viewsBuhrer

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:57 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Oh I bet they will, I did myself hence I was suprised by the ending being described like a worldie ball into the box, just gagging for a striker, but it wasnt, but sssh can't be negative.

And yes I do very much so.

What a bleak rabbithole your starfish winks at us from. You should extract yourself from your ridiculous position, not dig deeper.

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:06 - Dec 28 with 1701 viewsEwan_Oozami

This is what I mean.

But ROARRRRRR

But Leicester didn't score so all was good.

And don't say they could have done, because you never apply that sort of logic to us - a brilliant move could have ended in a goal, but it didn't so according to you it's pointless celebrating the play....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:17 - Dec 28 with 1633 viewsFrimleyBlue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:06 - Dec 28 by Ewan_Oozami

But Leicester didn't score so all was good.

And don't say they could have done, because you never apply that sort of logic to us - a brilliant move could have ended in a goal, but it didn't so according to you it's pointless celebrating the play....

Well quite, it could have ended in a goal for us had we found a player in blue at the end of it...

At no point do i disagree with the play being excellent, it's the usual stuff from town, which i've compared to prem style even through the league 1 campaign.

Waka waka eh eh

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:23 - Dec 28 with 1591 viewsEwan_Oozami

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:17 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Well quite, it could have ended in a goal for us had we found a player in blue at the end of it...

At no point do i disagree with the play being excellent, it's the usual stuff from town, which i've compared to prem style even through the league 1 campaign.

Excellent! So we're all agreed then! It was a fabulous phase of play, typical of what we've been doing under McKenna, which sometimes leads to goals, sometimes not, and we'll continue playing and celebrating that style of football in the future regardless of whether it leads to a goal or not!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:26 - Dec 28 with 1572 viewshomer_123

This is what I mean.

But ROARRRRRR

What do you mean?

So...because the final ball wasn't 100% we don't or can't appreciate the move?

The fact that the oppo might have scored from their attack is utterly irrelevant here.

That final ball Boxing Day wasn't quite there for anyone....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:29 - Dec 28 with 1548 viewsFrimleyBlue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 10:23 - Dec 28 by Ewan_Oozami

Excellent! So we're all agreed then! It was a fabulous phase of play, typical of what we've been doing under McKenna, which sometimes leads to goals, sometimes not, and we'll continue playing and celebrating that style of football in the future regardless of whether it leads to a goal or not!

Which we all do anyway, without the need to go ott on the ending
"Excellent dangerous cross.. Leicester scramble to clear.. just needed THAT striker"

" A Cross into the box, which leicester clear" But what goal that would have been....
imo would be more on point than making out something that wasn't.

Equally, the build up and the ball across from Davis to Burns first half, excellent play throughout, the other 2nd half move between I think it was Harness, Ladapo, Chaplin ( Can't remember if it was Harness or Broady on at that point... was also excellent.

Waka waka eh eh

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:20 - Dec 28 with 1423 viewsmrfixit426

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:32 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Ok

better?

I think we've reached the point where one person (that's you btw), is ruining the entire forum. You seem to be on EVERY thread trying to be edgy and provocative. Can't even put you on ignore as it makes the site unreadable.

I can't read this sh1te any more.
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:26 - Dec 28 with 1390 viewsFrimleyBlue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:20 - Dec 28 by mrfixit426

I think we've reached the point where one person (that's you btw), is ruining the entire forum. You seem to be on EVERY thread trying to be edgy and provocative. Can't even put you on ignore as it makes the site unreadable.

I can't read this sh1te any more.

Another OTT post. Good effort.

I'm on a few threads yeah but not everyone. And nit everyoost is anything close to trying to be what ever this edgy thing is all about.

Here's an idea.. grow up and either enjoy reading something or don't and move on. No one is forcing you in any way to take in what you read and live your life from it.

Now have a good day if you can.

Waka waka eh eh

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:28 - Dec 28 with 1382 viewsmrfixit426

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:26 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Another OTT post. Good effort.

I'm on a few threads yeah but not everyone. And nit everyoost is anything close to trying to be what ever this edgy thing is all about.

Here's an idea.. grow up and either enjoy reading something or don't and move on. No one is forcing you in any way to take in what you read and live your life from it.

Now have a good day if you can.

"Grow up..." Hilarious.

I'm not the one consistently behaving like an attention seeking infant.
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:39 - Dec 28 with 1330 viewsFrimleyBlue

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:28 - Dec 28 by mrfixit426

"Grow up..." Hilarious.

I'm not the one consistently behaving like an attention seeking infant.

No course not. You're just posting to tell people you don't like reading stuff but then go on to reading stuff.

But we'll done on turning a thread into a personal insult thread again rather than contributing to the discussion.

Waka waka eh eh

This on 11:51 - Dec 28 with 1284 viewsDyland

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:19 - Dec 28 by You_Bloo_Right

I guess you had to be there.

innit

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024