Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town 23:41 - Dec 27 with 3168 viewsunstableblue

There was a sequence of Town play on 66mins which was breath taking - technical, powerful and intricate - and a moment when players on much lower wages and low transfer fees, outshone their wealthy opposition.

Let me relive it for you:

1. Clarke throw to Hladky at right corner post in front of Leicester fans
2. Hladky to Wolf
3. Wolf to Clark
4. Clark to Morsy
5. We've edge of our own box on right now
6. Morsy back to Wolf in area
7. Wolf sweeps across penalty area to Burgess
Burgess really pressed by the brilliant Dewsbury Hall
8. Last minute pass though to David on left touchline
9. David infield to Taylor ahead of our box
10. Taylor drives forward under pressure to halfway line, fending off his man - brilliant
11. lips to Harness on left touchline
He dinks to go further wide, rather than in-field, takes out two of their players
12. Checks back to Davis
13. Brilliant driven ball into Taylor, who shoots but hits defender and loops into air at the D
14. Clarke comes in really hard but wins it fairly mid air against Winks
PORTMAN ROAD ERUPTS - THE ROAR
15. Burgess picks it up deeper, gives to Morsy
16. He runs forward, jinking, finds Clark right side midway up Leicester half
Lovely shoulder drop gives him times from his press
17. Passes to Burns right wing
18. Excellent dangerous cross.. Leicester scramble to clear.. just needed THAT striker

PHEW!!!

Its only when you type it out (like a statto weirdo), you just begin to truly marvel at the just pure pleasure we are being given this season

This is against assembled for MILLIONS and MILLIONS and breaking all Championship records. We more than matched them.

Now back to the ROAR. Just incredible noise and passion. Showing that the players seem to need to go that extra mile to fire us up!
Lets give it to them without that inspiration shall we? so we inspire them! on the odd occasion that is. And of course not wanting to tell you how to support (wibble).

These Are The Days (don't change it again Phil we know what happened last time?!) - celebrate every moment people.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 12:25 - Dec 28 with 353 viewsPJH

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:20 - Dec 28 by mrfixit426

I think we've reached the point where one person (that's you btw), is ruining the entire forum. You seem to be on EVERY thread trying to be edgy and provocative. Can't even put you on ignore as it makes the site unreadable.

I can't read this sh1te any more.

I think we reached that point ages ago when he flooded the forum under the previous name that he was using. Ruined it for me then, and it is no better now. He probably posts slightly less than back then, but still must post more than anyone else on here.
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 13:58 - Dec 28 with 285 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:32 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

Ok

i loved the way a brilliant move came to nothing. hurrah.

if only there was a 10 ft striker on the pitch

better?

One of the joys of football is when a brilliant move comes to nothing. It makes those that come to something all the sweeter. It's the build up, the near misses, the effort to try again, perseverance and process that eventually leads to reward and the pressure-cooker of emotion finally being released.

American sports give points for all sorts of things, which they think makes the sport better. But they fundamentally miss the point. The fewer the rewards the greater they are when they come.

This is why you don't get football.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 14:41 - Dec 28 with 262 viewsStewart27

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 11:39 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

No course not. You're just posting to tell people you don't like reading stuff but then go on to reading stuff.

But we'll done on turning a thread into a personal insult thread again rather than contributing to the discussion.

What on earth are you supposed to do on a forum other than read? That’s literally what you do on a forum. How can somebody choose not to read something if they are reading it? When I go to football I choose not to read the advertising boards because I watch the match.

So when people read your sh!te they don’t like it.

It’s really that simple.
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 16:41 - Dec 28 with 231 viewsnorth_stand77

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:35 - Dec 28 by north_stand77

Always remember S-S-S Single Bed by Fox 1976 ish.

Oh and singing ' Bye Bye West Ham' to the words of Bye Bye Baby by the Bay City Rollers at the ill fated FA Cup semi final at Stamford Bridge in 1975. (Thanks Clive Thomas...)

Shall we try and change the subject and get back to nice things being posted on this thread? As above?

Maybe Frimley to abstain?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 17:54]
The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 17:15 - Dec 28 with 213 viewsBlueBadger

The 66mins Portman Road ROAR - reward for brilliant play from Town on 09:14 - Dec 28 by FrimleyBlue

This is what I mean.

A fantastic town move, brilliant excellent.

Final cross nowhere near a player in blue. Leicester attack and almost score.

But ROARRRRRR

You've gone Full Budgie here. Never go Full Budgie.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 17:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024