Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The European Super League ban was unlawful 09:54 - Dec 21 with 2832 viewsDanTheMan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67783970

Part of me hopes they do just all piss off and do their league.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 09:55 - Dec 21 with 2372 viewshomer_123

It's no different to LIV is it really.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 09:58 - Dec 21 with 2346 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yep let them go. But it needs to be a hard PLexit - no half in, half out. No access to the PL, or English cups.

Would be a shame in terms of all the history, but then again loads of people think football was invented in 1992 anyway…
The European Super League ban was unlawful on 09:59 - Dec 21 with 2322 viewsKeno

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 09:58 - Dec 21 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yep let them go. But it needs to be a hard PLexit - no half in, half out. No access to the PL, or English cups.

Would be a shame in terms of all the history, but then again loads of people think football was invented in 1992 anyway…

Maybe its times to get rid of the Big 5 and Spurs

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:01 - Dec 21 with 2297 viewspointofblue

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 09:59 - Dec 21 by Keno

Maybe its times to get rid of the Big 5 and Spurs

And Newcastle. They'll be at the forefront of any money chasing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:01 - Dec 21 with 2296 viewsnorfsufblue

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 09:58 - Dec 21 by SuperKieranMcKenna

And can they take VAR with them please!
The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:03 - Dec 21 with 2277 viewsWhos_blue

I think this is close to my view.
Arguably there is already a super league at the top of the PL anyway, with the odd interloper here and there.
But I agree that any break away is final with no access to any domestic competitions, including PL under 23 teams playing in the Pizza cup etc.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:10 - Dec 21 with 2226 viewsstrikalite

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 09:55 - Dec 21 by homer_123

It's no different to LIV is it really.

That's true, but the big difference here is the supporters, who are everything to the game and their Clubs, for that reason it'll never happen..
The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:11 - Dec 21 with 2209 viewsbrazil1982

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:03 - Dec 21 by Whos_blue

I think this is close to my view.
Arguably there is already a super league at the top of the PL anyway, with the odd interloper here and there.
But I agree that any break away is final with no access to any domestic competitions, including PL under 23 teams playing in the Pizza cup etc.

I agree, but you can see the "breakaway" teams (how many is there now - 4,, 7, 8?) simply paying $$ into the PL coffers to get round it.

Let them leave, good riddance.
Login to get fewer ads

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:12 - Dec 21 with 2194 viewsDanTheMan

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:10 - Dec 21 by strikalite

That's true, but the big difference here is the supporters, who are everything to the game and their Clubs, for that reason it'll never happen..

They've got enough foreign fans to not care about the local ones, even at a national level.

Or in my view anyway. They'd probably assume people would get over it.

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:16 - Dec 21 with 2171 viewsDinnernotTea

This will be tragic for football. Especially at a time when hopefully very soon we're in the Prem. After waiting so long I couldn't give a toss about going to Brentford Brighton Bournemouth etc. It's the big 6 or 8 that makes the mouth water and proves we've finally made it.

Football hasn't been a sport for a long time so this will happen but let us taste a normal Prem at least.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:18 - Dec 21 with 2162 viewsGuthrum

Tho if you dig deeper into the judgement, it's the UEFA sanctions against clubs participating in the super league attempt which have been ruled against, rather than the court giving the green light for such a breakaway to occur.

I think the strength of the reaction against the project caused some of those involved - particularly the English clubs - to think again. It is the Spanish element which brought this case. Teams like Barcelona are so addicted to gross and disproportionate overspend they have to keep chasing the dragon or risk ruin.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:36 - Dec 21 with 2067 viewsPinewoodblue

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:18 - Dec 21 by Guthrum

Tho if you dig deeper into the judgement, it's the UEFA sanctions against clubs participating in the super league attempt which have been ruled against, rather than the court giving the green light for such a breakaway to occur.

I think the strength of the reaction against the project caused some of those involved - particularly the English clubs - to think again. It is the Spanish element which brought this case. Teams like Barcelona are so addicted to gross and disproportionate overspend they have to keep chasing the dragon or risk ruin.

Not long to wait to find out their plans. Have seen suggestion that as many as 40 clubs could be involved.

https://twitter.com/A22Sports

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:37 - Dec 21 with 2052 viewsDanTheMan

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:18 - Dec 21 by Guthrum

Speaking of those Spanish clubs...

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:37 - Dec 21 with 2048 viewsiamatractorboy

I wonder if it would mean no more loans of players from teams like Chelsea, who hoover up all the best young talent. So no more Omari Hutchinsons etc.
The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:41 - Dec 21 with 2028 viewsSomethingBlue

Makes a good headline but it’s not really the case - I think we are still a decade away from this being seriously on the table again.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:45 - Dec 21 with 1986 viewsGuthrum

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:36 - Dec 21 by Pinewoodblue

Not long to wait to find out their plans. Have seen suggestion that as many as 40 clubs could be involved.

https://twitter.com/A22Sports

Can't help feeling they've missed the boat, with the Arabs now promoting their own league and directing the torrent of money there instead.

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:49 - Dec 21 with 1918 viewsGuthrum

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:37 - Dec 21 by iamatractorboy

I wonder if it would mean no more loans of players from teams like Chelsea, who hoover up all the best young talent. So no more Omari Hutchinsons etc.

That cuts both ways, tho. There would be nowhere for the likes of Chelsea to develop their Youths, either. Moreover, would youngsters be prepared to go if they know there's only a vanishingly small chance of regular senior football, or even the opportunity to impress the first team coaches?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 11:02 - Dec 21 with 1857 viewsBlueRaider

Typical, you can never rely on courts to rule in the interests of a sport, because they view it as a business, greed wins

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 11:11 - Dec 21 with 1807 viewsRadlett_blue

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:49 - Dec 21 by Guthrum

That cuts both ways, tho. There would be nowhere for the likes of Chelsea to develop their Youths, either. Moreover, would youngsters be prepared to go if they know there's only a vanishingly small chance of regular senior football, or even the opportunity to impress the first team coaches?

The big clubs wouldn't care. they would have so much more money than the rump of domestic clubs that they could afford to hoover up all the best players eventually.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 11:20 - Dec 21 with 1742 viewsElephantintheRoom

Be interesting to see if the clubs now seek damages. The European super league is more or less dead in the water anyway with Saudi Arabia buying up the game.

Parity is an interesting concept that most football clubs are averse to - but not the new breed of American owners.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 11:21 - Dec 21 with 1739 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 11:43 - Dec 21 with 1612 viewsHighgateBlue

Well this escalated quickly.

A22 had their new SuperDooper League proposal ready to go. (Oven ready, as someone may have previously, inaccurately said, about something else):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67787981

I hope that we never find ourselves in the 32 team blue league. Better than yellow I guess.

But the weirdest thing is this: games available to watch for free on a new streaming service? Isn't streaming revenue the whole point of this caper...?
The European Super League ban was unlawful on 12:06 - Dec 21 with 1521 viewsPinewoodblue

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 11:43 - Dec 21 by HighgateBlue

Well this escalated quickly.

A22 had their new SuperDooper League proposal ready to go. (Oven ready, as someone may have previously, inaccurately said, about something else):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67787981

I hope that we never find ourselves in the 32 team blue league. Better than yellow I guess.

But the weirdest thing is this: games available to watch for free on a new streaming service? Isn't streaming revenue the whole point of this caper...?

Suppose A22 will take a slice of the money each club generates from the competition.

No permanent members but the big clubs will be in the top tier and have to be relegated two seasons and then finish in bottom half of the lower tier thr next season to drop out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 12:10 - Dec 21 with 1504 viewsGuthrum

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 11:11 - Dec 21 by Radlett_blue

The big clubs wouldn't care. they would have so much more money than the rump of domestic clubs that they could afford to hoover up all the best players eventually.

I think they'd be more likely to spend increasingly humungous sums on the biggest-named players (MLS, Chinese and now Saudi league style), rather than developing sustainable squads including Youth development. They will, after all, be playing little more than display friendlies, with little real jeopardy attached.

Is Super League Megadivision team East Manchester Titans going to field an unknown Youth over Robert Lewandowski (even at the age of 40), if marketing primarily to Far Eastern TV subscribers?

Money is not everything for all players, there is also the desire to compete in front of fans. Plus Youths are not paid so much that they can afford to go into a dead-end career which will most likely finish before they are twenty.

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 12:28 - Dec 21 with 1415 viewsSWBlue22

This would completely destroy football I hope it never happens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024