Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The European Super League ban was unlawful 09:54 - Dec 21 with 2885 viewsDanTheMan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67783970

Part of me hopes they do just all piss off and do their league.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 12:46 - Dec 21 with 434 viewsJackNorthStand

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 10:03 - Dec 21 by Whos_blue

I think this is close to my view.
Arguably there is already a super league at the top of the PL anyway, with the odd interloper here and there.
But I agree that any break away is final with no access to any domestic competitions, including PL under 23 teams playing in the Pizza cup etc.

Interloper is a great word
The European Super League ban was unlawful on 12:59 - Dec 21 with 414 viewsIllinoisblue

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 11:43 - Dec 21 by HighgateBlue

Well this escalated quickly.

A22 had their new SuperDooper League proposal ready to go. (Oven ready, as someone may have previously, inaccurately said, about something else):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67787981

I hope that we never find ourselves in the 32 team blue league. Better than yellow I guess.

But the weirdest thing is this: games available to watch for free on a new streaming service? Isn't streaming revenue the whole point of this caper...?

Free at first then it’ll quickly turn to pay per view.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 13:14 - Dec 21 with 399 viewsIllinoisblue

Bayern, Man Utd, and Athletico Madrid already issued statements against a super league. Good start.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 13:19 - Dec 21 with 383 viewspointofblue

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 13:14 - Dec 21 by Illinoisblue

Bayern, Man Utd, and Athletico Madrid already issued statements against a super league. Good start.

The German clubs have fan involvement at board level, IIRC, so it was always going to be difficult to get them on side.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 13:55 - Dec 21 with 323 viewshomer_123

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 12:28 - Dec 21 by SWBlue22

This would completely destroy football I hope it never happens.

It wouldn't (not saying I'm for this by the way).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 14:06 - Dec 21 with 298 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We’ve got enough massive clubs in England to cover for their loss anyway. Many are sleeping giants and would fill that void tomorrow and draw big crowds and TV numbers for a more competitive league. We could also potentially poach Rangers and Celtic which would also bring numbers into our game and actually help them improve their European chances by being in a more competitive league.
The European Super League ban was unlawful on 14:57 - Dec 21 with 268 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 14:06 - Dec 21 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

We’ve got enough massive clubs in England to cover for their loss anyway. Many are sleeping giants and would fill that void tomorrow and draw big crowds and TV numbers for a more competitive league. We could also potentially poach Rangers and Celtic which would also bring numbers into our game and actually help them improve their European chances by being in a more competitive league.

It's one thing being relatively comfortable with a handful of EPL clubs reforming as variations on the Harlem Globetrotters but why do we have to drag Rangers and Celtic into this?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

The European Super League ban was unlawful on 14:59 - Dec 21 with 262 viewsTheBoyBlue

I haven't found a single fan of any club say they are in support of this. Which makes you wonder who this new league is for.

Oh yes, those who make money out of it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024