Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich first goal 14:42 - Dec 16 with 2905 viewsCrawfordsboot

Anyone else think it was offside?
The guy was on the ground offside when the ball was played in. He got up and moved back onside to score but looked offside when the ball was first played in.
The tv replays don’t show the cross in.
Norwich first goal on 15:08 - Dec 16 with 2601 viewsMarkp68

Yep, agree 100% said exactly that as soon as it went in. Replay clearly shows him offside when cross comes in, he comes back onside and is the first to touch the ball and so becomes “active” as I understand the rule. Also thought 2nd was equally offside as Barnes was stood in front of Vaz, clearly offside and linesman should see it.
Norwich first goal on 15:15 - Dec 16 with 2555 viewsGeoffSentence

Dunno about offside, but both Burns and Hirst were foiled befrorehand. Burns one, ref played the advantage, so no biggy, but Hirst was a victim of a 70's style scoccr sandwich.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich first goal on 15:33 - Dec 16 with 2452 viewsArnieM

It was offside AND handball. But before the ball even got into the box we had THREE fouls denied us outside the area. That ref will probably get a lift home from The Lush tonight. He was actually biased, more than poor.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich first goal on 15:37 - Dec 16 with 2422 viewsTrequartista

They were both 'offside' but not offside. The first one was a var millimetre job that was never going to be given and the second one wasn't interfering with play as he was not quite in Hladcky's line of vision

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Norwich first goal on 15:37 - Dec 16 with 2420 viewsTMWWNGAS

Norwich first goal on 15:33 - Dec 16 by ArnieM

It was offside AND handball. But before the ball even got into the box we had THREE fouls denied us outside the area. That ref will probably get a lift home from The Lush tonight. He was actually biased, more than poor.

My first instinct at the game was offside, but seeing it at halftime through the box window.. looks like that ball may have been played backwards so onside... gutting though
Norwich first goal on 15:41 - Dec 16 with 2381 viewsKievthegreat

Norwich first goal on 15:37 - Dec 16 by TMWWNGAS

My first instinct at the game was offside, but seeing it at halftime through the box window.. looks like that ball may have been played backwards so onside... gutting though

Doesn't matter if the ball is played backwards. Only thing that matter was his head forward of the ball when it was kicked.
Norwich first goal on 15:44 - Dec 16 with 2355 viewsthatbdude

Is it possible to do a Liverpool and appeals against the refs today? Because they were both offside

Poll: Who going down?

Norwich first goal on 15:46 - Dec 16 with 2321 viewsChrisd

Think instead of worrying about the offside, how about Clarke getting closer to the initial crosser? Neither of our full backs seem to do that particularly well.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich first goal on 15:47 - Dec 16 with 2323 viewsKievthegreat

Freeze frame of the cross:

Although it is a frame or 2 too early.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 16:20]
Norwich first goal on 16:11 - Dec 16 with 2164 viewsbluelagos

So seen the Skysports clip.

Ball clearly goes backwards. Does that not mean it's not offside? (My knowledge on this is sadly lacking)

Also looks like he is behind the crosser (though would need a VAR to confirm) - which would mean he is defo onside.

As for the position on the player v defender - seems to me he was level so again need a VAR type ruling.

What I would say, is that we (I do) often moan about VAR - so maybe Naaridge got away with one today? But still prefer to take my chances with a lino/ref than have it all stopped continuously for reveiws.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Norwich first goal on 16:16 - Dec 16 with 2106 viewsKievthegreat

Norwich first goal on 16:11 - Dec 16 by bluelagos

Ball clearly goes backwards. Does that not mean it's not offside? (My knowledge on this is sadly lacking)

Also looks like he is behind the crosser (though would need a VAR to confirm) - which would mean he is defo onside.

As for the position on the player v defender - seems to me he was level so again need a VAR type ruling.

What I would say, is that we (I do) often moan about VAR - so maybe Naaridge got away with one today? But still prefer to take my chances with a lino/ref than have it all stopped continuously for reveiws.

The direction of the ball DOESN'T matter. What matters is where Rowe's head is in relation to the position of the ball when the ball is played.

If his head is forward of the ball, it's offside. If it's behind, it's not. Because he's on all fours, his head is my my reckoning further forward.

Edit: Fixed because I ballsed up the opening sentence.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 16:17]
Norwich first goal on 16:17 - Dec 16 with 2077 viewspointofblue

Norwich first goal on 15:46 - Dec 16 by Chrisd

Think instead of worrying about the offside, how about Clarke getting closer to the initial crosser? Neither of our full backs seem to do that particularly well.

For the first? The cross came from Davis' side, not Clarke. Davis was in the middle, Broadhead closest to the crosser but hardly breathing down his neck.

In fairness, I don't think the first was offside watching back - Broadhead was probably playing Rowe on, though can't be sure without a shot across the line.

Our defensively set up at the point of the cross was dreadful. Woolfenden was trying to get across to Idah, who Burgess had stepped away from. Neither Burgess or Davis were marking anyone, and there was a free player in the middle of the box, in addition to Rowe. Clarke was behind the play. Poor all round.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwich first goal on 16:18 - Dec 16 with 2079 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich first goal on 16:11 - Dec 16 by bluelagos

No direction of ball matters not a jot. Rowe came back from an offside position to receive it. That's offside every day of the week. Except today.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich first goal on 16:20 - Dec 16 with 2053 viewsbluelagos

Norwich first goal on 16:16 - Dec 16 by Kievthegreat

The direction of the ball DOESN'T matter. What matters is where Rowe's head is in relation to the position of the ball when the ball is played.

If his head is forward of the ball, it's offside. If it's behind, it's not. Because he's on all fours, his head is my my reckoning further forward.

Edit: Fixed because I ballsed up the opening sentence.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 16:17]

Freeze it on 41 seconds - basically you can't tell. So that's onside for me (Without VAR to tell us more)

Norwich first goal on 16:24 - Dec 16 with 2003 viewsKievthegreat

Norwich first goal on 16:20 - Dec 16 by bluelagos

Freeze it on 41 seconds - basically you can't tell. So that's onside for me (Without VAR to tell us more)

Can't tell 100% without a perfectly side on angle or the ability to properly infer the line across the pitch. However by my reckoning, the ball is pretty much bang on in the middle of the stripe in the grass, but Rowe's head is clearly beyond the mid point.
Norwich first goal on 16:25 - Dec 16 with 1983 viewspointofblue

Norwich first goal on 16:24 - Dec 16 by Kievthegreat

Can't tell 100% without a perfectly side on angle or the ability to properly infer the line across the pitch. However by my reckoning, the ball is pretty much bang on in the middle of the stripe in the grass, but Rowe's head is clearly beyond the mid point.

I think Broadhead was playing him onside.

Norwich first goal on 16:27 - Dec 16 with 1965 viewsbluelagos

Norwich first goal on 16:24 - Dec 16 by Kievthegreat

Might have to get a tape measure out and put in on the screen

But we're arguing over something the lino just can't be expected to know or judge in real time. In non VAR language - it's level.

Norwich first goal on 16:30 - Dec 16 with 1918 viewsKievthegreat

Norwich first goal on 16:27 - Dec 16 by bluelagos

Might have to get a tape measure out and put in on the screen

But we're arguing over something the lino just can't be expected to know or judge in real time. In non VAR language - it's level.

Annoying thing is, the Lino has the best view in the house. He's perfectly in line.

On a side note, it's stuff like this which does my head in with VAR. It ruins the flow of play and ruins the organic celebration of a goal, but will catch mistakes. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Norwich first goal on 16:37 - Dec 16 with 1877 viewsbluelagos

Norwich first goal on 16:30 - Dec 16 by Kievthegreat

Annoying thing is, the Lino has the best view in the house. He's perfectly in line.

On a side note, it's stuff like this which does my head in with VAR. It ruins the flow of play and ruins the organic celebration of a goal, but will catch mistakes. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Thing is - if VAR makes a call in 30 seconds - got no issues. But that would have been a 3 to 4 minute delay - discussion - and we'll never know which way it goes. Same for the other one as to whether he was interfering.

As it happens today went against us - there'll be days it goes (without VAR) in our favour.

We can get all upset or put it down to the fact that sometimes officials get very difficult decisions wrong. It's football...

Norwich first goal on 16:41 - Dec 16 with 1823 viewsHerbivore

Norwich first goal on 16:37 - Dec 16 by bluelagos

Thing is - if VAR makes a call in 30 seconds - got no issues. But that would have been a 3 to 4 minute delay - discussion - and we'll never know which way it goes. Same for the other one as to whether he was interfering.

As it happens today went against us - there'll be days it goes (without VAR) in our favour.

We can get all upset or put it down to the fact that sometimes officials get very difficult decisions wrong. It's football...

When will we get the ones in our favour though? One penalty all season and quote a few important 'borderline' ones that haven't gone our way. The old adage that it evens out is demonstrably false.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwich first goal on 16:45 - Dec 16 with 1796 viewspointofblue

Norwich first goal on 16:41 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

When will we get the ones in our favour though? One penalty all season and quote a few important 'borderline' ones that haven't gone our way. The old adage that it evens out is demonstrably false.

The next two games? Fingers crossed.

Norwich first goal on 16:50 - Dec 16 with 1769 viewsHerbivore

Norwich first goal on 16:45 - Dec 16 by pointofblue

The next two games? Fingers crossed.

Let's hope so! We get into the box more than anyone in the league, that we've only had one pen is criminal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwich first goal on 17:09 - Dec 16 with 1671 viewsChrisd

Norwich first goal on 16:17 - Dec 16 by pointofblue

For the first? The cross came from Davis' side, not Clarke. Davis was in the middle, Broadhead closest to the crosser but hardly breathing down his neck.

In fairness, I don't think the first was offside watching back - Broadhead was probably playing Rowe on, though can't be sure without a shot across the line.

Our defensively set up at the point of the cross was dreadful. Woolfenden was trying to get across to Idah, who Burgess had stepped away from. Neither Burgess or Davis were marking anyone, and there was a free player in the middle of the box, in addition to Rowe. Clarke was behind the play. Poor all round.

From memory, initially it was allowed to be crossed in from Clarke’s side as Rowe missed with a diving header then it rolled out to the left before coming back in for Rowe to finish on the 2nd attempt. For me both our full backs don’t get close enough to stop crosses into our box. It has happened a lot this season.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 17:13]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Norwich first goal on 17:13 - Dec 16 with 1622 viewspointofblue

Norwich first goal on 17:09 - Dec 16 by Chrisd

From memory, initially it was allowed to be crossed in from Clarke’s side as Rowe missed with a diving header then it rolled out to the left before coming back in for Rowe to finish on the 2nd attempt. For me both our full backs don’t get close enough to stop crosses into our box. It has happened a lot this season.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 17:13]

Ah, my apologies.

I'm not sure where our full backs were with that one - can't recall whether they were on the break? But Clarke was out of position, and Davis on the right. He then dropped back to the left without Clarke being fully in position. Seemed a bit chaotic.

Norwich first goal on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 1452 viewspennblue

The sky highlights show it come in and it looks clear cut.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024