Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit to the ref 14:30 - Dec 16 with 4548 viewsChrisd

Thought he officiated that game extremely well.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Credit to the ref on 15:17 - Dec 16 with 805 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Credit to the ref on 15:11 - Dec 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

He did let the game flow but the late challenges from Barnes that he let go on at least 3-4 occasions and that deserved a yellow card were not great. How he finished the match without a yellow card at all but Burns got one for 2-3 strong challenges, is inconsistent. Perhaps he never saw any of those challenges from Barnes but to have missed the one on Hladky and he did give a free-kick for the one where he trod on Morsy's foot after the ball had gone. If Morsy had done the same as Barnes we would all be saying he was an unbelievably lucky boy to have not got a card.

Did you see Morsy clatter someone first half and not get any of the ball? He immediately had to put his finger up to say it was his first one but more often than not it’s a yellow. I thought Barnes should have been booked with the late challenge on Vas for sure but I don’t think any of it today was massively one sided or warrants an entire discussion about the ref. In difficult circumstances thought was fairly decent as others journalists and ex players did. Let the game flow.

There would have been about 8-9 yellows from a lot of officials today.
Credit to the ref on 15:17 - Dec 16 with 806 viewsRyorry

Credit to the ref on 15:06 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

Yeah, disagree. There were times he blew instead of playing advantage when there was actually an advantage, other times he didn't when there was no advantage. Thought he was very inconsistent and gave them stuff he wasn't giving the other way. For me, it was one of the poorer refereeing performances I've seen this season at Portman Road.

It was his inconsistency that made his performance so terrible for me.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Credit to the ref on 15:21 - Dec 16 with 783 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

The worst officials we’ve had, turned up to do Delia a favour.
Credit to the ref on 15:22 - Dec 16 with 783 viewsNutkins_Return

2nd worst take ever after "McKenna seems smarmy".
Credit to the ref on 15:30 - Dec 16 with 759 viewspointofblue

I thought the ref was fine is the first half but dreadful in the second. We constantly got nothing for fouls which they were given free kicks for. And then we had assistant referees who seemingly didn't understand the offside law.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Credit to the ref on 15:36 - Dec 16 with 737 viewsArnieM

OP: your post is a piss take, right?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Credit to the ref on 15:36 - Dec 16 with 737 viewsN2_Blue

Are you for real, he was shi te, not abysmal like many refs but he made some bad calls on fouls / non fouls today, for both sides but much worse for us

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Credit to the ref on 15:36 - Dec 16 with 734 viewsDeano69

Sarcasm right?

Even helping up their players from rolling on the floor.

Burns get two hands in the back, then gets a foul against after winning the ball.

And as for the offsides…..

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Credit to the ref on 15:39 - Dec 16 with 726 viewsChrisd

Credit to the ref on 15:36 - Dec 16 by Deano69

Sarcasm right?

Even helping up their players from rolling on the floor.

Burns get two hands in the back, then gets a foul against after winning the ball.

And as for the offsides…..

Not at all, much prefer watching the game flow - like today- than constant stop starting with niggling fouls and free kicks.

Credit to the ref on 15:41 - Dec 16 with 701 viewspointofblue

Credit to the ref on 15:39 - Dec 16 by Chrisd

Not at all, much prefer watching the game flow - like today- than constant stop starting with niggling fouls and free kicks.

That's fine, but it should be fair for both sides. He happily blew up for fouls for them when similar challenges against us got nothing.

Credit to the ref on 15:44 - Dec 16 with 689 viewsChrisd

Credit to the ref on 15:41 - Dec 16 by pointofblue

That's fine, but it should be fair for both sides. He happily blew up for fouls for them when similar challenges against us got nothing.

Because he thought we’d got possession of the ball in a decent position to allow playing advantage, that was refreshing.

Credit to the ref on 15:46 - Dec 16 with 685 viewsRyorry

Your preference for "watching the game flow" over us retaining key players instead of potentially losing them because of undeserved yellows, isn't a great take imho.

Credit to the ref on 15:48 - Dec 16 with 679 viewscressi

Are u a budgie he was truly awful
Credit to the ref on 15:51 - Dec 16 with 668 viewsChrisd

Credit to the ref on 15:46 - Dec 16 by Ryorry

Your preference for "watching the game flow" over us retaining key players instead of potentially losing them because of undeserved yellows, isn't a great take imho.

I think you’re being a little over sensitive there. It’s football and a contact sport.

Credit to the ref on 15:52 - Dec 16 with 662 viewsRyorry

Credit to the ref on 15:51 - Dec 16 by Chrisd

I think you’re being a little over sensitive there. It’s football and a contact sport.

Yet another stupid comment.

Credit to the ref on 15:52 - Dec 16 with 660 viewspointofblue

Credit to the ref on 15:44 - Dec 16 by Chrisd

Because he thought we’d got possession of the ball in a decent position to allow playing advantage, that was refreshing.

Really? There was one where Burns got pushed, nothing given, and they got the ball. Then there was a slight nudge from an Ipswich player straight afterwards and he gave a free kick. And that wasn't the only occasion.

Credit to the ref on 15:54 - Dec 16 with 649 viewsChrisd

Credit to the ref on 15:52 - Dec 16 by pointofblue

Really? There was one where Burns got pushed, nothing given, and they got the ball. Then there was a slight nudge from an Ipswich player straight afterwards and he gave a free kick. And that wasn't the only occasion.

Did you miss the free kicks we did get or do they not count? I think some on here need to take the blue tinted specs off at times.

Credit to the ref on 15:56 - Dec 16 with 641 viewsDeano69

Credit to the ref on 15:44 - Dec 16 by Chrisd

Ah got you. Celebrate the draw budgie.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Credit to the ref on 15:59 - Dec 16 with 630 viewsthorpedo

He seemed too keen not to be swayed by the home crowd so gave them everything instead. We had many more fouls given against us despite having much more possession. He was the opposite of a 'homer'.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 16:12]

Thorpedo

Credit to the ref on 15:59 - Dec 16 with 627 viewscooperd5

Credit to the ref on 15:30 - Dec 16 by pointofblue

I thought the ref was fine is the first half but dreadful in the second. We constantly got nothing for fouls which they were given free kicks for. And then we had assistant referees who seemingly didn't understand the offside law.

Exactly this. Good 1st half, very very poor 2nd.
It's a yellow for Barnes on Vas for me, right through the back if him. He gave a gk for an obvious corner and booked Burns for less of a shove than he'd just got.
4/10 from me.
Credit to the ref on 16:04 - Dec 16 with 606 viewslizzibee

He was shocking! they mugged him completely, esp that No.7. First goal offside too.
Credit to the ref on 16:05 - Dec 16 with 602 viewsRadlett_blue

Credit to the ref on 15:11 - Dec 16 by Kievthegreat

Other than the yellow card for Burns which seemed a bit out of the blue, and the usual thing where Hirst gets shoved and tripped and never gets free kicks (which all refs go are liable to), he was fine.

The issue is the linesmen missing the potential offsides on both goals.

Burns's foul which resulted in the yellow wasn't severe, but it was at least his 4th foul of the match.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Credit to the ref on 16:07 - Dec 16 with 586 viewsRyorry

Credit to the ref on 16:05 - Dec 16 by Radlett_blue

Burns's foul which resulted in the yellow wasn't severe, but it was at least his 4th foul of the match.

Whereas Barnes had at least 8 far worse & got none.

Credit to the ref on 16:12 - Dec 16 with 571 viewsHerbivore

I prefer refs consistently applying the laws of the game, personally. On that front, I didn't think he and his assistants were up to much.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Haahahahahahhaahahahhaha (n/t) on 16:13 - Dec 16 with 563 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024