Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit to the ref 14:30 - Dec 16 with 4552 viewsChrisd

Thought he officiated that game extremely well.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Credit to the ref on 16:14 - Dec 16 with 881 viewsHerbivore

Credit to the ref on 16:05 - Dec 16 by Radlett_blue

Burns's foul which resulted in the yellow wasn't severe, but it was at least his 4th foul of the match.

Their left back committed about twice as many fouls, two of which looked like yellows in their own right, and came off without a card to his name.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Credit to the ref on 16:16 - Dec 16 with 880 viewsbluelagos

He let a lot go - from both sides - so fair dos on that.

The offsides - am not convinced either was offside - and that's having seen the goals now on the sky tweets. But as someone else said - that's the lino's job.

Couple of times I thought he could have been a bit stronger - the player that dived, the goalie time wasting - but then Morsy had a stonewall yellow which he should have got.

So all in - I prefer what we saw than a card happy ref stopping/starting the game every 2 mins.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Credit to the ref on 16:46 - Dec 16 with 837 viewsTootingblue

Anyone else notice the ref come out for the warm up and go round several Norwich players and coaching staff giving out fist bumps? Never seen that before. Gave an impression of being over friendly. Surely not appropriate conduct by a referee ahead of a match?
Credit to the ref on 17:35 - Dec 16 with 806 viewsRyorry

Credit to the ref on 16:46 - Dec 16 by Tootingblue

Anyone else notice the ref come out for the warm up and go round several Norwich players and coaching staff giving out fist bumps? Never seen that before. Gave an impression of being over friendly. Surely not appropriate conduct by a referee ahead of a match?

Wow. Unless he did the same with our players & staff? that's incredible - and out of order.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Credit to the ref on 17:41 - Dec 16 with 800 viewsbluelagos

Credit to the ref on 17:35 - Dec 16 by Ryorry

Wow. Unless he did the same with our players & staff? that's incredible - and out of order.

I did notice him helping up a Nodge player after Burns had fouled him. Did kind of think "instead of that you should be kicking him in the bollox", but I might have been a little bit biased in that thought.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Credit to the ref on 17:43 - Dec 16 with 791 viewsRyorry

Credit to the ref on 15:14 - Dec 16 by Chrisd

Sometimes with Hirst - for a big lad - he goes down to easily and that’s probably why he doesn’t get free kicks he should at times.

Did you miss their player (Barnes) barely being touched (by Burns? iirc), yet going down clutching his face and rolling around as though he'd been bludgeoned round the head with a baseball bat? Clear fakery, should have been carded for simulation.

Credit to the ref on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 769 viewsChurchman

It’s all opinion and I’ve not seen the game back yet, but I strongly disagree. I and the people sitting me around thought the ref and the Lino’s were awful. Weak. They did the classic let’s favour the away team to make it look like they were being fair to both teams trick.

Norwich were well schooled in the dark arts. They tried to get Morsy and somebody else with attached screams booked/sent off feigning blows to the head, goalie wasting time endlessly, pull backs, niggly fouls, trampling fouls, complaining to the ref, stealing yards for throw ins and set pieces, you name it.

They had the ref in their pocket.
Credit to the ref on 18:00 - Dec 16 with 760 viewsMetal_Hacker

SpecSavers are still open Luv

He was shíte today

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Credit to the ref on 18:00 - Dec 16 with 766 viewspennblue

Credit to the ref on 16:16 - Dec 16 by bluelagos

He let a lot go - from both sides - so fair dos on that.

The offsides - am not convinced either was offside - and that's having seen the goals now on the sky tweets. But as someone else said - that's the lino's job.

Couple of times I thought he could have been a bit stronger - the player that dived, the goalie time wasting - but then Morsy had a stonewall yellow which he should have got.

So all in - I prefer what we saw than a card happy ref stopping/starting the game every 2 mins.

Not sure how you don't see that 1st Rowe goal as offside. He is 2 yards offside when the ball is whipped across, how are you not convinced?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Credit to the ref on 19:24 - Dec 16 with 724 viewsHelp

He was inconsistent at best. Biased with decisions at worst.
Credit to the ref on 23:11 - Dec 16 with 664 viewsPinewoodblue

Credit to the ref on 19:24 - Dec 16 by Help

He was inconsistent at best. Biased with decisions at worst.

He was more likely to allow an advantage if the foul was committed in a dangerous position, can't recall him blowing if the advantage didn't materialise. More often than not our fouls were committed in less dangerous positions when he would stop play and give a free kick.

There were instances where he failed to book Norwich players having allowed play to continue.

Had we been more efficient in the final third the game would have been as good as over by half time. Hopefully Rooney will finally get his act together Monday evening and our dropping two points will matter less.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Credit to the ref on 07:30 - Dec 17 with 618 viewsArchiRob

He should have yellow carded the first tackle on Vaz
Yellow card all day
Credit to the ref on 09:59 - Dec 17 with 570 viewsJimmy86

Credit to the ref on 07:30 - Dec 17 by ArchiRob

He should have yellow carded the first tackle on Vaz
Yellow card all day

That was a definite yellow, for sure, but I spose the mitigating circumstance in that, is he didn't want to set his stall out early... But that should've been a yellow for sure
Credit to the ref on 11:15 - Dec 17 with 527 viewsitfcbam

Those moaning about ref not sure. Thought he handled occasion well. Morsy easily could maybe even should have been booked early (meaning missing next 2). He tried to allow a bit of physicality and in theory a better flowing game should have suited us better. Derbies are always a tough one, another ref would have been stop / start booked a good handful and probably sent a player or 2 off.
Credit to the ref on 11:27 - Dec 17 with 502 viewsDarkHorse

I don't know how it's possible to consider his performance extremely good when he got just about every big decision wrong (offsides, cards).
Credit to the ref on 12:41 - Dec 17 with 438 viewsRyorry

Credit to the ref on 11:15 - Dec 17 by itfcbam

Those moaning about ref not sure. Thought he handled occasion well. Morsy easily could maybe even should have been booked early (meaning missing next 2). He tried to allow a bit of physicality and in theory a better flowing game should have suited us better. Derbies are always a tough one, another ref would have been stop / start booked a good handful and probably sent a player or 2 off.

I missed what some are saying would have been a yellow for Morsy from other refs, so in the circumstances will take the outcome of two points dropped yesterday in exchange for having him on the pitch for what is a more important game in the long-term v Leeds.

Think we'll need his fight, drive & team marshalling against them in particular at Hell End Rd.

Credit to the ref on 12:47 - Dec 17 with 427 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Credit to the ref on 09:59 - Dec 17 by Jimmy86

That was a definite yellow, for sure, but I spose the mitigating circumstance in that, is he didn't want to set his stall out early... But that should've been a yellow for sure

The ball has gone off the pitch by the time Barnes fouls the keeper. It was clear frustration after having the ball shielded out of play. Fair enough, the ref thinks don't set too low a benchmark but surely at least speak to the player and then book him the next time he goes in late after the ball has gone ... or the third occasion ... or the one where in front of the ref he stands on Morsy's foot after the ball has gone and the ref does give a free kick.

To then book Burns for his 3rd strong challenge none of which were late is rather inconsistent.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Credit to the ref on 13:46 - Dec 17 with 404 viewsitfcbam

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024