Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember our mantra: one game at a time 22:34 - Dec 13 with 1273 viewsJimInGreensboro

“Nothing is done yet - that’s so obvious that it hardly needs to be said. We’re on an incredible run… (but) we have no margin (for error) and neither do the other teams. It’s a really competitive top of the division. We have to keep performing."

On his 'one game at a time' mantra: “It’s been our way all season. It’s something we spoke about from the first day in pre-season.We talked about how we were going to focus on us and our performances, not worry too much about the outcome, focus on the process and try to improve each day, prepare for every game in a professional manner and trust that we’d pick up results along the way.”

Kieran McKenna, April 2023, and still spot-on today.
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23469807.ipswich-town-kieran-mckenna-insists-nothin
Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 22:49 - Dec 13 with 1172 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Absolutely, but we do have margin for error though, which is important with some incredibly tough upcoming games the derby (where I think form can potentially go out of the window if we don’t keep our heads, as well as Leeds and Leicester. I hope we don’t meltdown on here if we slip up. The players have proven they can dust themselves off and go again.

I came across a sensible thread from Plymouth fans who get what we’ve done, and understand the context of our success, whereas ‘established’ championship team fans write us off as a league one team. This sums it up perfectly:

“They bought for the Championship and we bought to secure promotion.”

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/what-is-ipswichs-secret.126002/
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 22:51]
Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 00:05 - Dec 14 with 1089 viewsJimInGreensboro

Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 22:49 - Dec 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Absolutely, but we do have margin for error though, which is important with some incredibly tough upcoming games the derby (where I think form can potentially go out of the window if we don’t keep our heads, as well as Leeds and Leicester. I hope we don’t meltdown on here if we slip up. The players have proven they can dust themselves off and go again.

I came across a sensible thread from Plymouth fans who get what we’ve done, and understand the context of our success, whereas ‘established’ championship team fans write us off as a league one team. This sums it up perfectly:

If you were to ask Kieran McKenna how he would assess our season at this moment, he would likely say exactly what he said in April.
Yes, we’ve set records and put a 10-point gap between us and 3rd place. We have done things no other team has done. But we’re still just 21 games into the season with 25 more to play. We need to keep pounding, one game at a time, game after game after game, without assuming we have margin for error, because until we have done it, we have not done it. McKenna understands that. It’s what drives him and keeps him and our side focused.

[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 0:15]
Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 01:39 - Dec 14 with 1000 viewsIllinoisblue

A decent read although salt levels still high in Devon. We are where we are because of luck and money. Yep, that must be it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 07:36 - Dec 14 with 790 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 01:39 - Dec 14 by Illinoisblue

A decent read although salt levels still high in Devon. We are where we are because of luck and money. Yep, that must be it.

I think GENERALLY they are fairly grounded comments, but as you say there’s a few hot takes in there.

My particular fave was in reference to our win over them this season ( slightly paraphrased) ‘they had luck on their side…on another day we could have won 3-0). Given we’ve won 16 out of 21, and Plymouth could conceivably finish the season without a single away win, the delusion is strong with that one…
Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 08:05 - Dec 14 with 726 viewsStewart27

I thought that chip would have fallen off their shoulder by now.

The claims that we’ve bought our way above Leeds, Southampton and about 12 other teams is really bitter stuff.
Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 08:38 - Dec 14 with 672 viewsDanTheMan

This "they've spent big" is nonsense. For the Championship standards, we've spent almost nothing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 08:41 - Dec 14 with 661 viewsDubtractor

Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 08:38 - Dec 14 by DanTheMan

This "they've spent big" is nonsense. For the Championship standards, we've spent almost nothing.

Indeed. Our spending this summer was peanuts in this division.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 08:49 - Dec 14 with 639 viewstractorboy1978

Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 08:38 - Dec 14 by DanTheMan

Also, we are racking up no debt to the owners whatsoever, all investment is equity based.
Login to get fewer ads

Remember our mantra: one game at a time on 10:21 - Dec 14 with 564 viewsGuthrum

Which is the right approach for Manager, coaches and squad. If nothing else, thinking more than one game ahead gets in the way of the intensive and thorough preparation for the next match.

On the other hand, we as fans do have that luxury.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024